It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do in case of a Nuclear War. (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
In the case of Nuclear War, never fear.

Just go back to watching the preparedness vids that our Governments so lovingly put together in order that we could be assured to be well taken care in case of the bomb coming our way. And yes, we were also privileged to have these valuable teaching tools shown to us in Canadian schools.

The videos of course can not be argued as to whether they are factual or not. After all, tests were done...right? They knew just what we could expect if it ever happened..right?

So remember kiddies, if that nasty old bomb is seen on the horizon...Just Duck & Cover!

You'll be ok. Because you know the Govt. wouldn't steer us wrong...right?

Anyhoo..Enjoy a piece of our history.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Very nice OP. I have often considered starting a thread on this exact topic.

Any time someone comes along to defend the righteous nature of a can do no wrong government I think back to this. Just get under your school desks kids, when its over all that will be left is flowers and bunny terds.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven83
Very nice OP. I have often considered starting a thread on this exact topic.

Any time someone comes along to defend the righteous nature of a can do no wrong government I think back to this. Just get under your school desks kids, when its over all that will be left is flowers and bunny terds.

It's even more amazing that people believed it!

Because the Govt. would never lie and would always look out for their best interests...right?

Peace

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

What a catchy tune.. 'Just Duck & Coverrr' lol
I remember all of these drills when we were younger in school, we had to get under our desk from everything to a bomb threat, tornado drill, etc.. Even line up properly at the door for fire drills blah blah..
After 9/11 we had many many more drills exactly like this.
What makes me giggle is to think that anyone would believe hiding under that tiny piece of wood used as our desk would save us from an atomic bomb.. it's a joke, atleast they tried!
Thanks for sharing Jude!!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katharos62191
reply to post by jude11

What a catchy tune.. 'Just Duck & Coverrr' lol
I remember all of these drills when we were younger in school, we had to get under our desk from everything to a bomb threat, tornado drill, etc.. Even line up properly at the door for fire drills blah blah..
After 9/11 we had many many more drills exactly like this.
What makes me giggle is to think that anyone would believe hiding under that tiny piece of wood used as our desk would save us from an atomic bomb.. it's a joke, atleast they tried!
Thanks for sharing Jude!!

Apparently, school desks were made of some space age materials in those days.

Peace

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
geee. i think id do more thanduck and cover if a damn nuke went off 0-0

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowreborn89
geee. i think id do more thanduck and cover if a damn nuke went off 0-0

But then you would be doubting the official story and...the Government! How very unpatriotic of you!

Peace

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
We must have gotten the wrong training manual. We were told to go to the hallway, sit by the wall, put our heads between our knees and kiss our a** good-bye.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
We must have gotten the wrong training manual. We were told to go to the hallway, sit by the wall, put our heads between our knees and kiss our a** good-bye.

OHH! That's why they told us to put our heads between our knees! Haha

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni

They only tell you to do that on planes now.

Must be something about kissing your own ass that is gonna save us somehow.

Peace

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Doesn't it kinda make you wonder why with all the new sophisticated weapons out there that they never made a new videos. And I don't believe covering yourself with clothing is going to protect you any more than "duck duck goose" with an atom bomb. Just the shock wave levels things miles away! And where is the instructional video for the hydrogen bomb emergencies? LOL I was told ET would help protect us from that sort of thing. And for our sake I would hope so! Those devices are in the hands of VERY irresponsible people now. For me its like "Yayee we learned to split atoms and threaten each other with them, NOW how about getting off the planet to terraform other dead worlds and take the load off this poor planet??"

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAMNTHATPASSWORD
Doesn't it kinda make you wonder why with all the new sophisticated weapons out there that they never made a new videos. And I don't believe covering yourself with clothing is going to protect you any more than "duck duck goose" with an atom bomb. Just the shock wave levels things miles away! And where is the instructional video for the hydrogen bomb emergencies? LOL I was told ET would help protect us from that sort of thing. And for our sake I would hope so! Those devices are in the hands of VERY irresponsible people now. For me its like "Yayee we learned to split atoms and threaten each other with them, NOW how about getting off the planet to terraform other dead worlds and take the load off this poor planet??"

I think that when people got smarter than the Govt, , producing another video became an exercise in futility.

Besides, we all know how to kiss our asses good-bye so what more can they teach us?

Peace

edit on 15-9-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Ha..We had nuclear bomb drills when i was in grade school (early 80's) were we would do the ol' duck and cover under our desks..I never understood this as a child and I sure as hell don't understand it as an adult

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
LOL. May be we should produce a video for THEM! Like this is what happens when you pizz off a few billion people. Although I imagine it kinda like ants on an ant hill that just got ran over by a car... Were all over the place disorganized and confused. Wait its already like that never mind. Now it seems its like football, the lower class team with crap plays against the high class team with good plays. We have got to push through and prevail. It takes ALL of us to win the game not just an hand full.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I think it might be time to reserve a spot underground in a Vault-Tec Vault.

join