It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother arrested for letting her children play outside!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by elfie

No,I think she is lying. Really though from that article,which is slanted towards her side of the story we really can't tell to much.I really think it's two idiots just wasting the cops and courts time.Learn how to live with each other,you morons and stop wasting everyones time.That's what I'm getting from the story.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by elfie
reply to post by nightstalker78

My point was really: why aren't well intentioned neighbors calling about the families whose children wind up dead in the septic tank or starved to death while the husband is deployed or beaten to death with a pipe by their grandmother because they had a seizure while she was reading the bible to them? Plenty of children could have benefited from such concern.

edit on 15-9-2012 by elfie because: (no reason given)

Good lord stick to the story in the OP. But what makes you think neighbors don't call for those reasons? Dude,I live in Florida and I constantly see stories like that.I've had random children knock on my door because they're left. I won't go into details but I've done the right thing and called the police.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I remember a time when neighbors watched out for each other and their children.
But now... Sad times

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The reporter said that the entire statement from the police department is on their web site, but I can't seem to find it. It may explain more about the officers' motivation to arrest the woman.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
These are retarded cops and a retardedcomplaint.If the story unfolded as told.....
There is MORe to this than we know yet......what i can imagine but its been said already......
Dumb cops

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Cooper says she told the responding La Porte policeman that she had been home the whole time. "Unknown Officer went across the street to talk with defendant Fuller. It was at this point that Fuller reported, for the first time, that she had struck one of Cooper's children with her vehicle as they played in the street," the complaint states. "Unknown Officer returned to Cooper's home, and after another conversation with Unknown Officer, Cooper was placed under arrest for the felony offenses of child endangerment and child abandonment.

www.courthousenews.com...

More info in that article ^

Her kids supposedly got hit by a car

edit on 15-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
In AZ (or at least where I live) - - children can not legally operate motorized vehicles (ATC's - motorbikes - scooters - go carts - etc) on public streets. Nothing motorized.

If no one complains - - then you get away with it.

Every citizen has the right to file a complaint with the police dept.

A warning - - a ticket - - but an arrest? Very doubtful this is a first offense - - - or is as innocent as the mom claims.

edit on 15-9-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
people are odd and gripe about everything
I sit outside at night in MY garage when I wanna have a smoke, the other night, my neighbor comes over and tells me i'm bothering him being in my garage, at MIDNIGHT. The lights were off, all I had on was my ipad and lit cigarette.
How DARE I sit in MY garage, on MY property, minding MY business
people ARE stupid

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Thank you for the link, RealSpoke. That does add a great deal to the story - and explains why the lawsuits are in place. The neighbor lied to get her arrested. Purgery right there. CPS investigated and determined there was no cause to remove children from her care, and they were returned. The police not arresting the neighbor for filing a false police report is also in question.

This is just crazy.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by WhiteSpectralMirror

When I was a little girl and all the kids' were outside playing,there
were always some neighbors sitting on their porches watching out
for the kids.This was typical back 50 years ago where I grew up at.

The problem is that now the neighbor sitting on the porch could very well be a pedophile just waiting for an opportunity to harm a child. My mom just told me about an attempted abduction of a little girl who was going to the bus stop in her neighborhood. The guy is still on the loose and the whole neighborhood is in fear. I did a search for sexual offenders in my neighborhood a few years ago and found out that the old man who lives right behind me and was always talking to my kids while they played in the backyard was a registered sex offender. I paid a little visit to him and told him that if ever saw him talking to my kids again...well, I leave the rest up to your imagination. That was the last I saw him anywhere near our fence.

Back to the topic of the thread. It makes no sense to have arrested this mother. We are quickly becoming a police state. If the neighbor was truly concerned and had any common sense, they would have simply walked over and talked to the mother.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join