It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close Encounters-scene with alien in house?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I was just watching Close Encounters of The 3rd Kind. In the scene where Barry is being abducted from his house. I swear there is a moment in there where they show the mother standing, and in the dark behind her is an alien. I jumped and grabbed my husbands arm when I saw it, lol. I think it is after the screws coming loose part.

My husband missed it so I wanna make sure I didn't imagine it. I know there are what ? Four versions? So maybe the scene isn't in all versions. I guess that's why I never noticed it before.
Would just like some confirmation so I can say ha-ha to my husband.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Do you mean the thing behind her a little after 4:30 in this scene?

Edit: or do you mean at 4:51?
edit on 14-9-2012 by Elzon1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by marymaryg4321
I was just watching Close Encounters of The 3rd Kind. In the scene where Barry is being abducted from his house. I swear there is a moment in there where they show the mother standing, and in the dark behind her is an alien. I jumped and grabbed my husbands arm when I saw it, lol. I think it is after the screws coming loose part.

My husband missed it so I wanna make sure I didn't imagine it. I know there are what ? Four versions? So maybe the scene isn't in all versions. I guess that's why I never noticed it before.
Would just like some confirmation so I can say ha-ha to my husband.

Here's a screenshot when the vacuum is coming at them and lights up the area around her. She really doesn't move from the spot between here and when the vent pops up.

At the bottom left there is something that looks very "gray alien like".

It's actually a bust used for sketching. Another bust of Barry is shown in the background a few seconds later when she moves to a chair / bed and sits down with him.

My understanding of the scene is that other than vents and fireplaces the aliens only enter the kitchen and the porch.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

At 4:52 in the vid above, to the right of her head. Thank you! A bust...at least I'm not imagining things.
There was something that could be mistaken for an alien. By me anyway, lol.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by marymaryg4321

Well at least you did in fact see something out of the ordinary.

Funny things is the aliens in the movie do seem rather child-like so you could say you were pretty close.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I see what your talking about!, Its the shape and color of the head like object behind her right shoulder @ 4:51, almost looks like an eye on it too. I am going to have to watch it again lol! Very good movie BTW one of my favorites next to "Fire in the sky" that's a good one if you want something kinda scary...
_javascript:icon('
')

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
kq5054b791.JPG[/pic]]
reply to post by DAMNTHATPASSWORD

Lol, I swear that scared the crap out of me. I also love Fire in the Sky. Not really sure if it was a hoax or not but still good movie.

edit on 15-9-2012 by marymaryg4321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Speaking of movies like CE3, I have not seen anything that even comes close to how extraordinary this film is compared to today's movies. I did enjoy Battleship and Prometheus, BUT they really didn't offer any of what makes a movie like CE3 so darn good being only one movie with no sequels. Now MIB 3 had a good message so kudos to the developers of that one. Movies these days always portray aliens as bad. There not ALL bad. There are good guys out there too! I think its partially from the need to protect us and earth for another more destructive force that we are as we arn't exactly taking care of mother earth very well.. Another good movie to watch is 'They Live' which by far is one of my favorites!

new topics

top topics

join