It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does EVIL really exist and if it does did GOD create it?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What do you think of Manly P Hall?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

He was a Luciferian.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by MamaJ

He was a Luciferian.

You mean, Lutheranism? Lol

Why do you think he was into Lucifer? None of his lectures represent the " devil"??

Is it because he was into the Freemasons?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

You've never read his statements praising Lucifer? Here's the most notable:

"The day has come when Fellow Craftsman must know and apply their knowledge. The lost key to their grade is the mastery of emotion , which places the energy of the universe at their disposal. Man can only expect to be entrusted with great power by proving his ability to use it constructively and selflessly. When the Mason learns that the key to the warrior on the block is the proper application of the dynamo of living power, he has learned the mystery of his Craft. The seething energies of Lucifer are in his hands, and before he may step onward and upward, he must prove his ability to properly apply energy. He must follow in the footsteps of his forefather, Tubal-Cain, who with the mighty strength of the war god hammered his sword into a plowshare."

Manly P. Hall, 33rd Degree, K.T., The Lost Keys of Freemasonry or The Secret of Hiram Abiff , Forward by Reynold E. Blight, 33rd Degree, K.T., Illustrations by J. Augustus Knapp, 32nd Degree, Macoy Publishing and Masonic Supply Company, Inc., Richmond, Virginia, p. 48

Albert Pike's quotes are much worse. What do you think the "true light" of masonry is? Only the 32 and 33 rd degrees get the "revelation".

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

You've never read his statements praising Lucifer? Here's the most notable:

"The day has come when Fellow Craftsman must know and apply their knowledge. The lost key to their grade is the mastery of emotion , which places the energy of the universe at their disposal. Man can only expect to be entrusted with great power by proving his ability to use it constructively and selflessly. When the Mason learns that the key to the warrior on the block is the proper application of the dynamo of living power, he has learned the mystery of his Craft. The seething energies of Lucifer are in his hands, and before he may step onward and upward, he must prove his ability to properly apply energy. He must follow in the footsteps of his forefather, Tubal-Cain, who with the mighty strength of the war god hammered his sword into a plowshare."

Manly P. Hall, 33rd Degree, K.T., The Lost Keys of Freemasonry or The Secret of Hiram Abiff , Forward by Reynold E. Blight, 33rd Degree, K.T., Illustrations by J. Augustus Knapp, 32nd Degree, Macoy Publishing and Masonic Supply Company, Inc., Richmond, Virginia, p. 48

Albert Pike's quotes are much worse. What do you think the "true light" of masonry is? Only the 32 and 33 rd degrees get the "revelation".

He speaks all philosophies and allows the listener to come up with his own answers. Why do you think he praises the Christian religion or Jesus or god? He doesn't seem to exemplify a man of devilish ways at all. He may be deceiving in his words, but it appears through his words, many books, and lectures that he recognizes man abusing his god given powers to an abusive scale whereas the man falls each time. He feels as though this is what has happened time and time again.

Masonry is a secret society. I get that. Jesus was part of a secret society as well. He is also the light giver, bringer and speaks of the light as well.

Masonry may one day be the fighters against the dark. They may be misinterpreted by some, like yourself.... Or perhaps me.

I don't see a secret society as an evil doer especially when they teach good. If manly was teaching evil, I could see your point in the quote but he allows all philosophies and or religions into his teaching.

Have you ever listened to his lectures? I have listened to at least five and three were over an hour long.

If not, before you judge the man and say he is lining up with the devil, you may first want to get to know him. Rather than judge without knowing.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

No thank you, I give no one an ear who sings praises to satan.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

But what is the definition of 'evil'? My definition is: anything that takes away, or serves the self at the expense of others.

But what is there that takes without giving? If you look at it right, there's nothing that takes without giving. Even a murderer gives the survivors a whole new perspective, one that says, "Hey, you're still alive. You've been given a second chance. What will you do with it?" They were given that.

Even a forest fire leaves ash to nourish the next generation of plants. Even an atomic bomb gives us a lesson (brutal though it may be) in matters of what's best left alone.

In my opinion, there is nothing truly 'evil'. There is only a perspective of "that's negative" and "that's positive". Because there are very, very few things that take without giving. I can't think of any right now, but that's not to say there aren't any.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by MamaJ

But what is the definition of 'evil'? My definition is: anything that takes away, or serves the self at the expense of others.

But what is there that takes without giving? If you look at it right, there's nothing that takes without giving. Even a murderer gives the survivors a whole new perspective, one that says, "Hey, you're still alive. You've been given a second chance. What will you do with it?" They were given that.

Even a forest fire leaves ash to nourish the next generation of plants. Even an atomic bomb gives us a lesson (brutal though it may be) in matters of what's best left alone.

In my opinion, there is nothing truly 'evil'. There is only a perspective of "that's negative" and "that's positive". Because there are very, very few things that take without giving. I can't think of any right now, but that's not to say there aren't any.

Help me understand,
So the dad who decides to molest her daughter, is not commiting an act of evil but is infact providing her daughter with a perspective that will help her grow into a better person. At least it was her dad and not some stranger that might kill her.

Is this the logic your looking for to dismiss evil.
edit on 17-9-2012 by Observationalist because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

No thank you, I give no one an ear who sings praises to satan.

Where did he sing praise to Satan? Never have I heard him sing praise to Satan and sir it's obvious you have not listen to him at all. I'm still waiting for a phone call from my local lodge.

Let me ask you something....

If Jesus is the Word and he is the light bringer to this world that allows to see and communicate. If Satan deceived by saying you can have all this knowledge and if Jesus asks us to seek the knowledge then who is deceiving?

I dont want scriptures, I want your answers.

The old testament god gets mad when others are worshipped, yet jesus comes on the scene in the new testament and brings us someone else to worship as " Gods son". People even pray in Jesus name..... not Satan or god.

My faith is in God, my creator and he asks us to not be deceived.

When people of this world die they do not see Satan, they see Jesus and say they feel so loved and so warm.

Not many see or experience a hell.

All the knowledge out in the world but in the end man abuses the knowledge and dies.

Why do you think Jesus asks us to seek? Seek the light? Satans light or Gods?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Lucifer = Satan. Do whatever you want. Just know this, the initiation for the Masons is the exact same as it is for witchcraft except warlocks actually cut themselves and the Masons pretend to do it. It's your life.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

Lucifer = Satan. Do whatever you want. Just know this, the initiation for the Masons is the exact same as it is for witchcraft except warlocks actually cut themselves and the Masons pretend to do it. It's your life.

That's right, it's my life and I was hoping you would answer the other questions.

In regards to Freemasons, do whatever and believe whatever but know it may be you being deceived.

" It's your life"

If you do not have the patience or the will or the knowledge I will take my questions to those who can answer.

Lucifer is a light bearer?? Same as Jesus?? Both ask us to seek knowledge?

edit on 17-9-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

you're funny. Study occult rituals. Did you know that nearly every Sunday prayer service employs one or more forms of witch craft? You think chanting and hymns are not part of magic? You think that altars and chalices are not part of the occult? You think that drinking of the "blood" and partaking of the "flesh" can't be considered a mystic practice?

How naive are you? Try opening your eyes for once. Christians have been practicing the occult for hundreds of years...they just choose not to look at it that way, because that is to reveal just how erroneous their literalistic ways had become. You really are hilarious, how you bleat on like you know everything - but take away the blinders and take a good hard look at the history of your faith, and you'll see how very deeply mistaken you are.

Everyone who reads this post, I challenge you. Take a hard look at the practices and the rituals and the ceremonies commonly practiced in Christian and Catholic churches, and compare it to all the known wiccan practices of old history. Compare them, honestly and thoroughly, and tell me that the modern faith does not incorporate "witchcraft" as completely as it does pagan symbology.

You really are funny.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Lucifer isn't a "light bearer", that's a horrible Latin mis-translation of the Hebrew "Heylel ben Sachar" (crescent moon and star) from Isaiah 14:12. Jesus IS the light of the world, not the "bearer", the light itself. And I've lived a great 30+ years without Freemasonry, I don't need it.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Your heart is closed. If you want to see the light, open it. A closed door admits no friend, and traps any demons you happen to have inside.

And no, I don't mean literal demons.
edit on 17-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Most of what you describe is Roman Catholic, I'm a non-denominational Protestant. We do none of that stuff. I don't celebrate Easter nor Christmas.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Your heart is closed. If you want to see the light, open it. A closed door admits no friends.

Thank you. And Manley Hall is dead, don't need him as a friend. Also my father is a 33° Freemason, and we have a great friendship. We never discuss his Freemasonry.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

You must have a boring life if you don't celebrate these things. After all, it's the fellowship we celebrate, not just the Bible. To me, personally, there isn't the slightest religious undertone...there is only fellowship, love, and giving and taking. It is a day of balance, where all the negativity of the chaotic whirlwind that is life gets shrugged off for a few hours.

You are missing a lot. It's no wonder you don't see clearly. And regardless of what denomination you are, you still practice a form of witchcraft every time you gather in groups to give praise. That is a form of witchcraft. It was invented long before your faith was ever thought of.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

Lucifer isn't a "light bearer", that's a horrible Latin mis-translation of the Hebrew "Heylel ben Sachar" (crescent moon and star) from Isaiah 14:12. Jesus IS the light of the world, not the "bearer", the light itself. And I've lived a great 30+ years without Freemasonry, I don't need it.

Well I've lived forty without it and don't need it, I enjoy philosophy and that's EXACTLY what manly gives ..... Lol.... You are sadly mistaken as the homework here has not been done. So be it. Not trying to force anything on anyone especially you.

Have you seen NAM's thread about Jesus and the relation with the crescent moon and star claiming its all about Jesus? You may want to... May not lol suit yourself.

Not many are said to be " saved" as many will be deceived and I'm just making sure I'm not one of them, if I can help it.

Thanks for your answers even if they did feel like you were acting as if I've asked you to bow to Satan.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Your heart is closed. If you want to see the light, open it. A closed door admits no friends.

Thank you. And Manley Hall is dead, don't need him as a friend. Also my father is a 33° Freemason, and we have a great friendship. We never discuss his Freemasonry.

Well that's great, just goes to show you they don't worship Satan and neither did manly. I know he is dead but boy can a man or woman learn a lot from him. I am and really enjoy his knowledge! Seek and you will find, right?
edit on 17-9-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Did you read that I'm not part of any denomination? And a boring life because i don't celebrate Easter and Christmas? You do realize there are 363 other days in a year right?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join