It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does EVIL really exist and if it does did GOD create it?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This is going to be hard to put out all at once. I have been thinking a lot about evil. What is it and does it exist? If it does exist then where did Evil come from? I am going to start with the presumption that god exists. Whether you believe in the Christian god, a muslim god, hindu god(s) or any of the numerous other gods out there (or if you believe that all of these were the same god) in order to believe in evil you must believe in one of these. Why? Because if you believe in evolution the concept of evil doesn't really exist. In evolutionary theory evil would have formed because being evil will help you survive and procreate and thus would actually be a good thing as far as survival of the fittest (of course that would only be to a point because a truly evil society would turn on and destroy itself ) Maybe that is the path we are on right now? But is that evil? You could also adhere to the ancient alien theory. The theory that we were created and/or influenced by aliens who we then deified. This again does not lead to a conclusion that evil does in fact exist. I may elaborate on how neither Darwinism or ancient alien creationism leads to the conclusion that evil does or ever has existed.

I guess the best place to start is with Lucifer. Lucifer was originally the "Morning Star". Wasn't he supposed to be one of God's favorite angels? One of God's creations... I am of the belief that god loves all of his creations. Therefore, he would have had great love for Lucifer. Of course Lucifer tried to overthrow god. Does that make him evil? Don't many children rebel against their parents? Does that make them evil? Obviously the answer is no. So does Lucifer leading a revolt against his father mean that he is evil? Isn't god supposed to know everything? That is what all knowing means right? Therefore didn't god know that Lucifer was going to rebel? Did god plan the rebellion? If god is not evil and planned the rebellion does that not mean that the rebellion was not evil? In fact if you think about it logically god was basically rebelling against himself.

So what other evils has Lucifer or Satan committed? Well god created humans. He put them in the garden of Eden. Yet he did not give us knowledge. So we were these mindless animals basically kind of like a bunch of Forest Gumps running around the garden. Then we were led to eat from the tree of knowledge. Who led us there? Was that of an evil purpose? Was allowing us to have knowledge evil? If we were God's children and he created us in his image then wasn't his plan for us to eventually have the gift of knowledge? Some would say he was our liberator, the one who gave us logic, science, free will... That does not seem very evil to me.
Oh I see... maybe he was evil because we would have had easygoing comfortable lives? and we lost an easy life of mindless slavery for a life of hard work because of him. No that must not be it. So what makes Lucifer EVIL? What has he done that is so horrendous?

He tempted Christ. Maybe that was his EVIL action? I guess I need to research that a little. I will be back later.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I am taking a break now but I do plan on covering many more topics on EVIL other than Lucifer or Satan. I just picked that as a logical starting point.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
God was supposed to have created everything so he created evil also. God is nothing but a child with an ant farm and a magnifying glass.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

Isn't god supposed to know everything? That is what all knowing means right? Therefore didn't god know that Lucifer was going to rebel? Did god plan the rebellion? If god is not evil and planned the rebellion does that not mean that the rebellion was not evil? In fact if you think about it logically god was basically rebelling against himself.

Father knows all, but keeps things to himself so that others may learn.

So what other evils has Lucifer or Satan committed? Well god created humans. He put them in the garden of Eden. Yet he did not give us knowledge. So we were these mindless animals basically kind of like a bunch of Forest Gumps running around the garden. Then we were led to eat from the tree of knowledge. Who led us there? Was that of an evil purpose?

Again, Father knew this would happen. But, he had to prove to the others by letting it happen, it would happen by the current setup that above designed it to be.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I happen to consider " evil " being on another degree... of the same.

A lower vibration so to speak.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Lucifer was Jesus..

He was not satan..

I think in your o.p. you are refferring to Satan...

anyway.. nice post.. I too have thought of this before..

read alister crowleys 'morals and dogma'..

god is needed on earth to bring about ignorance so that evil can rule...
edit on 14-9-2012 by toocoolnc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by toocoolnc

Lucifer was Jesus..

May I ask, how did you come to this conclusion?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
There is no right or wrong. there is no good and there is no evil. it is a matter of perception and values. instinctual values

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Parents do not always tell their children why. Sometimes it is better for the child to learn things on their own. Sometimes you have to let them make mistakes so that they can learn from them. If the children simply copy the parent without putting any thought to it they will never really learn the nature of things.

So if this was part of gods plan then that means the end goal was for some good to come of it. It also seems then that Lucifer at least started out being good. Did he then learn to be EVIL? I guess I still have to figure out what evil is to be sure. I am still trying to figure out what he has done that is so EVIL.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

No, evil is not an "entity", it's an action. God in creating creatures with free will created creatures who would choose to do evil instead of good.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

So if this was part of gods plan then that means the end goal was for some good to come of it. It also seems then that Lucifer at least started out being good. Did he then learn to be EVIL? I guess I still have to figure out what evil is to be sure. I am still trying to figure out what he has done that is so EVIL.

Evil is still human perception. Jesus used those words so when speaking to others they would easily understand what he meant. Father holds love for all, even Lucifier, while keeping him separate from everyone else. He still serves a purpose, otherwise he would have been destroyed when he turned away.

Evil has a purpose in the world today, many just don't understand what that purpose is.
edit on 14-9-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Don't you mean Albert Pike's "Morals and Dogma"?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
In a world of gray there is no black and white

Right and wrong/good and evil are all subjective.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Lucifer was Jesus..

May I ask, how did you come to this conclusion?

I don't know if I would completely agree with that premise. However, they are both children of the same father aren't they? They both are also considered to have been his favorites. Maybe they could be one in the same? However, they definitely would be brothers at a minimum. I read a little of toocool's thread and found it interesting. I would not base my conclusions on numbers. I would look at their teachings. What has Jesus taught us? What has Lucifer taught us? are there any similarities?

However, that is for another day. Today I am interested in getting to the root of evil.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Today I am interested in getting to the root of evil.

I believe you'd be looking for "selfishness"

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
To put it simply: yes.

God is both good and evil, light and dark, positive and negative. God is time and the material and immaterial change over time and god is the one experiencing this change, the one making change happen.

We are all part of god and we live in gods kingdom, life itself is god and the way to god is through yourself and your experiences, not what someone standing on a pulpit tells you.

Matthew 7:7
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Seek and you will find. You are the only one who can seek for yourself, not someone else. You.
edit on 14-9-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I believe you'd be looking for "selfishness"

I agree, the opposite of love.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Maybe that is correct. Selfishness may be the root of evil. It is the opposite of love. When you love you give freely. That is definitely more food for thought.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I sometimes theorize that a force exists within the universe to challenge the various life forms. Maybe, eventually this force will be part of physical scientific theory. I imagine that the very next step after the creation of the universe and life was the creation of a challenge to this derivative life force. It is not necessarily a negative thing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join