It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September 14th in images. Today was a good day.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I usually stay away from Muslim hate threads because I'm not particularly offended by them burning our flag. Why? Because I'm not as petty as they are. However, sometimes I wish we would just smack them right in the mouth.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Thank you for posting the link to the map. It gave me a better perspective on how widespread this situation actually is. Seems like the MSM is barely scratching the surface- once again.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf
reply to post by Screwed

Try taking a walk thru a remote village in Afghanistan or Iraq and see how far that 'love' gets ya..You'll be on the internet within an hour of your arrival getting your head sawed off with a knife..You might 'love' them but they sure as hell don't love you, and never will

And you, my friend, would be surprised at reality. Surely that is more true today than it was before our various occupations started, and I wouldn't go willingly, any more than I would go walking through South-Central L.A., drug-war areas of Mexico, or the Kentucky hills, but it's not as bad as you'd like to think.

Now if we continue occupying without making things significantly better for the people, it will get worse, the angst will grow, and rightfully so. You have to remember, we were Afghabistan's heroes, aiding them against their previous invaders, the Soviet Union. Now we're the invaders. Do you really think an Afghanistan left alone would be full of hatred for the U.S.? That would be like saying the US is full of hatred for Thailand. Why would we hate Thailand? No good reason. But if Thailand was bombing us left and right, I guarantee we would despise them.

In the US, we don't think the same way about these things, because nobody can successfully invade and overrun us. I had read a white paper a few years back (sorry, don't have it and can't find a link, but if you understand our military capabilities and strategic position, it makes sense.) It is estimated that if China sent their full 200 million man military to attack the US, bringing them by air and sea, less than 100,000 would make it onto US soil, and within 24 hours of landfall, less than 10,000 would survive. That would be 99.5% of their military dead within the first day. Of the remaining, most would be killed or captured, or defecting within days, with literally less than 100 surviving through the week, and a few attempting to become sleeper agents. A 200,000,000 man military force CANNOT even stage a viable attack on the U.S. Outside of a rare terrorist attack, we are basically invulnerable, short of nuclear war. As such, we have a different mindset when it comes to how we feel about aggressors.

To Afghanis and to a lesser degree Iraqis, we are the equivalent of an advanced alien force invading the U.S. If that happened, we would use any and all means necessary to battle the enemy.

Besides - why do we care what the Afghanis do on their own? Why do we care if they want to "wipe out the infidels?" I want to buy Apple Corp and dissolve the company, and I also want to colonize and rule Mars, but neither is going to happen. Should Apple execs be spending their time trying to imprison me to ensure their plans don't come to fruition? Should the CIA assassinate me so that I can't get my Mars colony going before the US govt does? I'm just trying to understand why we would spend trillions of dollars and encourage terrorists juat because of some pipe-dream of a small minority of radicals.

Geez, I was all over the place on that one. I hope you get the point, even though it went well beyond being a response to your comment as I intended.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The more I read about this garbage the more I hate Islam. It seems they're trying to invoke a holy war. It just plain sucks that humanity is so driven by hate we have to deal with crap like this. Religion will be the end of this planet. Some extremist jerk is gonna get their hands on a nuke and end us all because they're too retarded to handle religion. These events are starting to change my point of view and I don't like it. Honestly this will never end. Humanity is too stubborn to change their ways. Sometimes I think this planet is hell.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donahue
..... the more I hate Islam.

It just plain sucks that humanity is so driven by hate.....

and where do you figure you equate into all of this "hate" that you so despise?

Humanity is too stubborn to change their ways.

Humanity?

or.....YOU?

Sometimes I think this planet is hell.

It sounds to me like you are doing your part to make it that way and keep it that way.

Sometimes a single post can give you more insight into someone's mentality than an entire converation.

edit on 15-9-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by alphaskunk

Of course it's not the movie. It started in the four countries that fell in the last year or so. They want us out of their countries. That's it. It's very clear and we should leave.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

Oh.. grow up. This has very little to do with Islam. I have many Muslim friends.
This has everything to do with the US and Israel interfering in their countries. Dropping bombs on their land to kill "terrorists" and spread democracy. They don't want us there that's it. There religion is of no consequence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join