It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Letter to all ATS Members, Mods, and Staff.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I have been slapped by the moderators here a couple times. In both cases I thought I was being funny.

What I learned, is that I am not very funny.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Slap me ,beat me ,make me write bad checks.

Seems to be turning into a confessional of sorts.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Do you ever wake up and realize "wtf was I thinking last night? I don't even remember posting that #"?

I don't. I wake up and wonder why moderators have decided to talk to me about a non-existent post. They never pm me to say hello though. Always just to tell me about some post I can't find.

It's odd I tells ya.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

I fasted from ATS back in Nov 2011 for many of the same reasons. During that time I also found a job which helped to ground me again. Upon my return from self exile, I find that I don't post as much as I used to, but then again there really isn't the time anymore that I once had.

Also, for a individual who always tried to approach things from a rational point of view, I found myself being emotional.

I have returned to the way I once was. When I read a post that angers me, I move on. If I really feel the need to reply, I'll do as many push-ups or sit-ups as I can do...and then post.

I'm in GREAT shape now.

Oh, and I don't swear as much anymore either.

Good on you.

And no Star and Flag BTW

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by tvtexan

Thanks for your forthright and heartfelt post. We all mess up a bit sometimes. Life would be pretty boring if we never did!
But taking responsibility for one's own actions is a key element to resolving a lot of the problems that come along and you've done that well.

Like Heff, I'm also looking forward to your future posts and hope they will be many and varied -- and within the T&Cs!

Just by the way, I noticed that you have some talent with graphics.
There is a thread called Avatar Creations which one of our members set up as a place where those with graphic art ability can help other members with any requests for new and modified avatars. If you drop by there you'll see what a great example it is of cooperation and mutual community support.

Best regards,

Mike

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 15/9/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Not that it matters but we have never conversed (I think?)

Acknowledging those things is indeed the measure of a persons karma - well done mate.

this is me to a tee..........

Just Mike has a good suggestion - head over to Avatar Creations - its a mellow-fest always and your talents will come in very handy to give Big liz and Agarta a break

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Haha, I'm sure most here have made the inebriated post or two as one crawls deeper in the rabbit hole or two.

I was banned under another user name for a post or two either while inebriated, upset with an obvious paid troll or a sensitive post or two on some very sensitive topics.

I've made it a policy not to post when I've had one two many.
At times, it can get embarrassing; "I wrote that"?

Oh no, too late to edit; delete.

edit on 15-9-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
great thread, I had the same problem man, I came on here did some posts and made a couple threads, and pretty soon the people who feel like that need to make others feel bad start posting. One person was using such big words and being so disrespectful I thought she might strain herself insulting me lol. But alas I came to grips that they just don't matter. If your post is honest and truthful, then they are idiots for responding the way they do. But some good opposition once in a while really makes you feel alive!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
if anyone sees a person on ATS using a female picture as an avatar, and using alot of big words, and just generally trolling, you've ran into the worst of the worst

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Sticks and stones will break my bones; but names will never hurt me!

Play League of Legends and one will become immune to trolling, cry babying and negative attitudes overall.

ATS is a ‘tertiary source’. It is as flawed as any other.

Avoid the trolls by properly defending your arguments, because 90% of the time one does this the troll looks like a complete moron, because 90% of the time trolls use ad hominem or red herring logical fallacies in one form or another.

Personally, I do not think MODs should remove anything and language should be filtered so we can laugh at all the nonsense the trolls say; some are hilarious in their idiocy.

My main beef is with the shills who receive special treatment by MODs and have the privilege of almost immediate censorship when people call them out. This totally discredits ATS and is a sham. They are the real trolls!

edit on 15-9-2012 by ConspiracyBuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Good luck to you tvtexan, it takes bawls to admit you are wrong.

Originally posted by Hefficide
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I know we don't always seem to be - but sometimes we do things for reasons we can't share and that leaves members confused often.

I look forward to starring and flagging many posts from you as time passes!

~Heff

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Heff - that statement raised a big question mark over my head. So people get modded for things that aren't in the T&Cs?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The greatest strength is in humility.
Most never find it.

I don't know how many ATS spankin's I've gotten over the past few years, but I would say that most were earned and I full well deserved them. Some were not, and those are the ones that really get you burned up because there ain't $#!+ you can do about it except bend over and take it, then move on.

Star & flag for having the balls to admit you were wrong.
Keep 'em buffed & shiny

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidsander
if anyone sees a person on ATS using a female picture as an avatar, and using alot of big words, and just generally trolling, you've ran into the worst of the worst

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It takes a huge set of cajones to admit you made mistakes, learn from them, grow and then apologize. We are all adults and I think we are all for the same basic reason, to help each other understand the world around us. S &F for you my friend. Welcome back!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluemoonsine
I've made it a policy not to post when I've had one two many.
At times, it can get embarrassing; "I wrote that"?

Oh no, too late to edit; delete.

edit on 15-9-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

lol.....so guilty.

My last T&C was because of a post I made while a tad "irregular" after a long, hot day of mowing grass and indulging in cold, adult beverages.
And even though I totally deserved my spankin', the person to whom I was speaking to also totally deserved my post.
I don't know how long I watched that particular person troll that particular forum, to solely make baited comments and incite discord. They even admitted to their entertainment in doing such.
At that particular moment I just had enough of their trite and empty "arguments", lost my composure and let the coonass in me indulge without restraint.....that's my paltry excuse, anyway.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

To err is human; to forgive, divine. Alexander Pope

As a veteran of mistakes on here, big and small. I too am always learning. It would not be such a successful community if grudges were held and not forgiven. Evolution is not just the providence of biology. It takes courage and character to stand up and admit mistakes good for you! Now go out there and have fun on the boards!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I would like to thank everyone for their understanding and encouragement here.
I see that I am in good company!

See ya around!
tvtexan

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

not you lol

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I am going to come back to this every time I need a reminder, not more than few hours passed and I am getting trolled by a memeber whose opinion is just terribly important and he feels like he needs to press it upon me, along with sarcastic and offensive comments

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join