It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This The Real Reason for the Bush Bulge?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
A defibrilator?

When to Use the LifeVest

When to Use the LifeVest� System

The LifeVest was designed as an intermediate-term treatment option for people at high risk for sudden cardiac arrest (SCA). Right now, people at a high, short-term risk of SCA are typically monitored in a hospital intensive care (ICU) or coronary care unit (CCU). With monitored beds costing up to $2,000 a day, this option quickly becomes very expensive and is primarily reserved for critical care patients.

Patients with a high, long-term risk of SCA are often candidates for an implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD), but this option is also expensive (up to $65,000) and requires surgery. According to Morgan Stanley, only one out of six US patients who need an ICD actually get one.*

The LifeVest fills the therapeutic gap between hospitalization and an ICD. The LifeVest has the same important characteristics of both an ICU/CCU and the ICD; it continuously monitors the heart and is designed to provide prompt defibrillation when needed. LIFECOR�, Inc. believes that the LifeVest has the potential to become the standard of care for intermediate-term patients. And, in cases when an ICD is not feasible, it also can serve as a longer-term alternative.

Okay, now think about it...

1. The bulge has been consistent, if it was a wire then it would have been changed.
2. $5000 "power suits" do not pucker consistently.
3. Bush has postponed his physical indefinitely.
4. He clearly looked medicated/sick during the course of three debates.
5. His face is visibly worn, his hair has thinned and lost colour and he permanently looks tired.
6. The massive stresses involved in the Presidency cause long term problems in almost all candidates, taking up to 10 years off a persons life.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Very nice find, it matches perfectly. The answer, very nice.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Can you say "bulletproof vest"? Honestly the implications of failing health etc is pure disinformation. I think the fact the Bush falls off his bicycle with markedly regularity is proof enough of his robust health.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
Can you say "bulletproof vest"? Honestly the implications of failing health etc is pure disinformation. I think the fact the Bush falls off his bicycle with markedly regularity is proof enough of his robust health.

White house has denied he was wearing a bullet proof vest. Besides, he's standing behind an armored podium, a sniper always goes for the head shot.

Think about it.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I mean maybe it is a bullet proof vest as the Secret Service knows that if a sniper had a head shot on him it wouldn't matter because there's nothing between his ears and they are protecting what is left? Which leads you to wonder about the AntiChrist stuff posted out here.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   

That's an interesting conclusion. Mine is active alcoholism and the "bike accidents" cover ups, like saying a pretzel did this.

BBC: Bush Makes Light of Pretzel Scare

And Nerd's right on the money. The White House made a big deal out of saying it's not a bullet proof vest. They said wardrobe malfunction.

And Bush is refusing his physical (again). Ring any bells?

Drinky, drinky. Sicky, sicky.

Seen the tape yet of Bush on Air Force One after the debates? He came out to the press cabin (they called highly uncharacteristic of him) all happy and hugging on McCain who's looks so uncomfortable his skin is crawling. Bush though is smirking and celebrating, holding the wall up. It's over. Debates behind us.

Watch it if you get a chance. Look at John's discomfort, rolling eyes, refusal to laugh at Bush quips despite Bush's 'celebratory' mood. Anyway. We don't look at things like that here. Just the rest of the world as they make fun of us.

I still don't know what it is, but something's under that man's coat. And in his current emotional and/or physical closet. How many Bush's did you see over three debates? Depressed, softspoken, inattentive Bush. Angry Bush. Glib "high on life" Bush. Manic doesn't begin to describe.

One more debate would have literally killed him.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
good find, very interesting, and coupled to the artical below it does make a person think.

Why Did Bush Skip His
Annual Physical Exam?
10-12-4

(AFP) - After undergoing his annual medical check-up in August 2001, 2002 and 2003, US President George W. Bush has put the procedure off this year until after the November 2 election, his spokesman said.

Bush, locked in a neck-and-neck race for the White House with Democratic Senator John Kerry (news - web sites), is in "great health" and got the green light for the decision from his doctors, spokesman Scott McClellan told AFP.

"This has been a busier travel period for the president than the previous three years," the spokesman said.

Bush underwent his three previous physicals as president in the first week of August in 2001, 2002 and 2003. He was given a clean bill of health after all three.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Although a Bush supporter, I agree that the cabin "interview" w/ McCain was a bit bizarre. McCain did indeed look like he would rather be anywhere else but where he was.

But then again, Kerry was a bit bizarre a well when he went on his "midnight" ramble.

I think the stresses of being President and campaigning might kill a lot of us, were we subjected to it.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
White house has denied he was wearing a bullet proof vest. Besides, he's standing behind an armored podium, a sniper always goes for the head shot.

Think about it.

I thought that snipers shot for Body mass ???? I dunnno

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I thought that snipers shot for Body mass ???? I dunnno

I haven't a clue about sniping but common sense would tell me they aim for body mass when the target is moving and a head shot for when they are stationary

Maybe a weapon's person can bring some light in on the body vest issue vs sniping issue

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Has anyone read The Puppet Masters by Heinlien? Might explain a few things!

dh

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This is the perfect explanation
Much as the Reagan/Thatcher twinning was solved by dementia when they'd passed their usefulness, so the Bush/Blair pairing will be solved by cardiac arrest, now their jobs are finished

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Whoa, Nerdling that is a great find,

Bush having some health problems?, well I will not denied the posibility after all being the president of the US and being resposible for a war can take a toll on anybodies health.

Rant, I agree with you also in the health issues.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   

My thoughts exactly. If it is anything, it is most likely a BP vest.

I mean, he is clearly a top 5 world target.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Snipers almpst never go for the head shot, FYI. There is simply too many things that can make you miss. If you shoot for the chest, even if the target bends over, turns his head - makes any kind of sudden movement - you will probbly still get a hit.

If you want to confirm this, I believe the member Starchild said he was a sniper in the US service.

EDIT to further explain.

[edit on 16-10-2004 by American Mad Man]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Of course they are going to deny it is a BP vest. If they state openly that he is wearing a BP vest, any assailant is obviously going to aim anywhere but the BP vest. Use common sense people. He was wearing a BP vest in all debates but they probably switched models.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
If it is a BP vest then it is very badly fitted. Most of his back is exposed including his heart area. Most vests go way higher up.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
A perspective from the medical end of this issue..

This lifevest is a defibrillator, meaning that if his heart goes into a lethal arrhythmia it will shock it back to a normal rhythm. But if someone needs that, you just put an AICD in (Automatic InterCardiac Defibrillator), which is an automatic defibrillator that goes under the skin. Why would he need such a vest? He wouldn't need it unless he is at risk for cardiac arrhythmia, which if he was he would see a cardiologist and they'd just put in an AICD. His past history of coc aine abuse may have led to cardiac problems, but those would come in the form of a cardiomegaly (enlarged heart) or a sudden heart attack. In that case all you would need is shock pads on stand-by, which are widely-available in low-cost portable battery-powered units (called AEDs).

While the AICD is costly it IS covered by insurance. Besides, why would Bush have to worry about cost?

MK

Odd

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I doubt Bush was worried about snipers. Secret Service security is extremely tight, especially in times like these when a good chunk of the world would just as soon see the President dead, and nobody would've gotten a rifle anywhere near the location of the debate. The hall was crowded, and there were news cameras everywhere, not to mention a marked lack of hiding places.

From the evidence at hand, I'd say that he was probably wearing a defibrilator vest. I didn't know he has a heart condition, though... is that confirmed fact as of yet?

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I think it was a BP vest. He wasn't just at the debate with the suit. He came and left in it. A sniper or a nut with a gun could be anywere waiting.

For those of you that think snipers go for the head, you're watching too much TV. They go for the best target, the chest, the center of which contains the heart. A rifle bullet in the chest will bounce around distroying many organs. Too say Bush doesn't need a vest is like saying cops dont need a vest because the cops only get shot in the head. He's the President, why shouldn't he have a BP vest? He would be stupid not to wear one.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join