It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Reason for the Attack on the US Embassy in Libya

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Nobody is sending ground troops into Libya. Their chemical weapon stockpile has been moved around and ready to be used against ground forces.

Fear where those end up. Israel may be wise to nuke Libya before those chemical weapons leave Libyas borders...unless they already have.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

Originally posted by haven123
They just hate the west period,anything else pops up its just gravy.

That's true, but what I hate are the blatant lies from this White House.

They keep insisting it's the movie that incited the attacks. BS.

Yes, the strategy is to hide behind the movie and declare that the White House is

just a victim of circumstance. - The movie -

It's not working. Charles Krauthammer & Rush Limbaugh are revealing the obvious.

- It's not the movie.-

The MSM narrative is to ignore the Chris Stevens assassination and just attack Romney

over his - tone -.

Kirsten Powers is appalled by the false narrative.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by AuranVector

Your explanation of this doesn’t make sense. There are attacks in 20 other countries and on German and British embassy’s. It just doesn’t add up.

Attacks on German and British embassies in Sudan, the ransacking of an American school in Tunisia, a fire at a U.S.-based fast-food restaurant in Lebanon and attacks against multi-national peacekeepers in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula

CNN

You didn't read my response to JohnPhoenix who raised the same question:

This thread is specifically about the reason for the Salafi attack on Benghazi based on the interview of Tariq Ramadan.

As for why Muslim rioting has spread to so many other places, there could be a variety of reasons. Some of it could be organized. Some of it could be "sympathy" riots in support of their Libyan & Egyptian "brothers." Or it could be simple copycat activity. There's plenty of hate for Americans around the world -- especially in the Muslim world.

How does my OP not make sense?

I read your response I just don’t buy it. It does not make sense.

This thread is shaping into another unfounded conspiracy and my signature says what I think of conspiracies.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

what is wrong with that mr relddir

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
O.k. so thats Lybia.

How do you explain this breaking out in Over 20 countries.. yep that's right, it's not just 4 anymore. Fox news and the NY Times reports this is happening in at least 20 countries !!!!

www.nytimes.com...

Un- offically speaking, as i am not an authority...
according to some Muslim/Islamic leadership figures... the esclating chaos is preparing the way for a 6 month total chaos which immediately preceeds the reappearance of the 12th Imam

if not... then this ratcheting up of turmoil is the necessary distress that will cause the new Islamic Caliphate to emerge on the world scene

there are Clerics and Imams doing a lot of behind-the-scenes Orchestrating of this 6 month period

i bet the great satan will be the one most attacked prior to the rise of the Caliphate and Its' promise to take over Jerusalem for Islam... then it will be the little satan that is the focus

great satan = usa
little satan = israel

i theredore submit that the Saudi Salafist's and their Jihadist branch are triggering the 6 month epoch of chaos to begin on Sept 11th, 2012
edit on 15-9-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

More bad news for Hillary.

Colonel David Hunt: Hillary Clinton is to blame.

"Rules of engagement were ridiculous! -- No bullets! --

Naive Secretary of State.

Will she lie under oath?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Do you have a source? Credible?

We will talk later.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Eurisko2012

Do you have a source? Credible?

We will talk later.

Colonel Hunt didn't say but he is friends with generals at the pentagon so

it appears a few people actually know the truth about the - rules of engagement -.

It will all come out at the hearings that are already scheduled to take place.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by haven123
They just hate the west period,anything else pops up its just gravy.

That's true, but what I hate are the blatant lies from this White House.

They keep insisting it's the movie that incited the attacks. BS.

Yes, the strategy is to hide behind the movie and declare that the White House is

just a victim of circumstance. - The movie -

It's not working. Charles Krauthammer & Rush Limbaugh are revealing the obvious.

- It's not the movie.-

The MSM narrative is to ignore the Chris Stevens assassination and just attack Romney

over his - tone -.

Kirsten Powers is appalled by the false narrative.

Good. I'm glad there are people on TV news who are openly questioning the Obama Administration's version of the Benghazi attack. Kirsten Powers is a Democrat. I think Fox News probably reaches more people than any other TV news channel.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Your explanation of this doesn’t make sense. There are attacks in 20 other countries and on German and British embassy’s. It just doesn’t add up.

Attacks on German and British embassies in Sudan, the ransacking of an American school in Tunisia, a fire at a U.S.-based fast-food restaurant in Lebanon and attacks against multi-national peacekeepers in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula

CNN

You didn't read my response to JohnPhoenix who raised the same question:

This thread is specifically about the reason for the Salafi attack on Benghazi based on the interview of Tariq Ramadan.

As for why Muslim rioting has spread to so many other places, there could be a variety of reasons. Some of it could be organized. Some of it could be "sympathy" riots in support of their Libyan & Egyptian "brothers." Or it could be simple copycat activity. There's plenty of hate for Americans around the world -- especially in the Muslim world.

How does my OP not make sense?

I read your response I just don’t buy it. It does not make sense.

This thread is shaping into another unfounded conspiracy and my signature says what I think of conspiracies.

Your response does not make any sense. Did you read the OP? Did you listen to the interview of Tariq Ramadan in the OP?

The attack on the US embassy in Benghazi was NOT a spontaneous attack by an untrained street mob.

It was a pre-planned, organized attack by well-armed enemy fighters.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
O.k. so thats Lybia.

How do you explain this breaking out in Over 20 countries.. yep that's right, it's not just 4 anymore. Fox news and the NY Times reports this is happening in at least 20 countries !!!!

www.nytimes.com...

Un- offically speaking, as i am not an authority...
according to some Muslim/Islamic leadership figures... the esclating chaos is preparing the way for a 6 month total chaos which immediately preceeds the reappearance of the 12th Imam

if not... then this ratcheting up of turmoil is the necessary distress that will cause the new Islamic Caliphate to emerge on the world scene

there are Clerics and Imams doing a lot of behind-the-scenes Orchestrating of this 6 month period

i bet the great satan will be the one most attacked prior to the rise of the Caliphate and Its' promise to take over Jerusalem for Islam... then it will be the little satan that is the focus

great satan = usa
little satan = israel

i theredore submit that the Saudi Salafist's and their Jihadist branch are triggering the 6 month epoch of chaos to begin on Sept 11th, 2012

Very interesting. I thought the belief in the 12th Imam was a Shia belief. Are you saying Iran is involved in the Benghazi attack? The Salafists (directly involved in the Benghazi & Cairo attacks ) are Sunnis.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
the attacks happened because of a film that pissed a lot of muslims off and was orchestrated by netenyahu and financed by the same, in order to create a more unsettling atmosphere in hopes of hurting the US elections and try to drag the US into their little soiree.

sorry for the run on sentence.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
the attacks happened because of a film that pissed a lot of muslims off and was orchestrated by netenyahu and financed by the same, in order to create a more unsettling atmosphere in hopes of hurting the US elections and try to drag the US into their little soiree.

That cover story isn't holding.

- It's not the movie. -

Nobody is buying that explanation on Fox News.

The MSM narrative is full of holes. The White House will have to go to Plan B.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

This is very clear IMO

Manipulation at it's finest

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Fox News has the ratings.

------------

Don't go to MSNBC for reasons for the attack on the US embassy in Libya.

NBC is losing money. Jay Leno had to take 50% pay cut.

Nobody is watch NBC / MSNBC.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

You mean the "rebels" and "insurgents" covertly funded by the U.S?

I believe that these people do not make up the whole of their religion.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Iran has said repeatedly said publicly the 12/21/2012 predictions of the end of the world as we know it will come true and that they are the ones chosen to do it. It looks to me like they are working on it.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by meggiddo2012
But Islam is a peaceful religion. (in my sarcastic voice).

Do you see Russian embassies attacked worldwide? No, because they haven't been starting foreign battles all over the world and staging coup's etc etc. Sure, Russia deals with terrorism but mostly "blow back" because of what happened in Chechnya .

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread. But everyone was too busy screaming at each other to talk about it.
Tha Salafist were making trouble weeks before in Libya. So this didn't just happen out of the blue
This is from a civilian source dated 08/27/12

Date: 08/27/2012
www.ihs.com...

Libya's Interior Minister Resigns over Sufi Shrine Desecration
"The official state news agency LANA reported that Abdel-Al submitted his resignation to interim Prime Minister Abdurrahim el-Keib after members of the newly elected General National Congress accused his ministry of failing to do enough to stop attackers who bulldozed a Sufi shrine and mosque in broad daylight. The attackers, who were identified by local press as Salafists—who adhere to a particularly conservative brand of Sunni Islam—bulldozed part of the mausoleum of al-Shaab al-Dahman in Tripoli a day after a similar attack on the tomb of Abdel Salam al-Asmar—a 15th century Muslim scholar—in the town of Zlitan. Unconfirmed reports suggest that another mausoleum—that of Sheikh Ahmed al-Zarruq—was also destroyed in the western city of Misratah. All three sites are sacred to Sufi Muslims, who adhere to a form of Islam that emphasises mystical traits deemed heretical by hard-line Salafists. Attacks on Sufi shrines have increased in frequency since the ouster of former Libyan leader Colonel Muammar el-Qadhafi in August 2011, in the context of increased insecurity and a resurgence of radical Islamist elements across the country, particularly in the east.

Outlook and Implications
The attacks on the Sufi shrines highlight two negative trends in Libya. First, the increasing power and scope of resurgent armed Salafist groups, which have been blamed for a number of attacks against Sufi sites in recent months, as well as implicated in a number of bombings and other attacks against foreign interests. This ties into a broader trend of radical Islamism that the authorities have struggled to control, highlighted by the increasing activities of suspected jihadi groups, particularly in and around the eastern city of Benghazi. Secondly, the attacks highlight the continued deficit of central government authority in the country, even in the capital Tripoli, as a result of the protracted integration of revolutionaries into the security forces, and the continued integral role of the SSC in directing and overseeing said security forces. While the response of Magariaf and the new congress is a positive reflection of the ideals shared by the majority of Libyans, the disconnect between these ideals and the machinery of state still controlled by opaque and partisan interests represents a continued source of instability."

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mash3d
I posted this in another thread. But everyone was too busy screaming at each other to talk about it.
Tha Salafist were making trouble weeks before in Libya. So this didn't just happen out of the blue
This is from a civilian source dated 08/27/12

Date: 08/27/2012
www.ihs.com...

Libya's Interior Minister Resigns over Sufi Shrine Desecration
"The official state news agency LANA reported that Abdel-Al submitted his resignation to interim Prime Minister Abdurrahim el-Keib after members of the newly elected General National Congress accused his ministry of failing to do enough to stop attackers who bulldozed a Sufi shrine and mosque in broad daylight. The attackers, who were identified by local press as Salafists—who adhere to a particularly conservative brand of Sunni Islam—bulldozed part of the mausoleum of al-Shaab al-Dahman in Tripoli a day after a similar attack on the tomb of Abdel Salam al-Asmar—a 15th century Muslim scholar—in the town of Zlitan. Unconfirmed reports suggest that another mausoleum—that of Sheikh Ahmed al-Zarruq—was also destroyed in the western city of Misratah. All three sites are sacred to Sufi Muslims, who adhere to a form of Islam that emphasises mystical traits deemed heretical by hard-line Salafists. Attacks on Sufi shrines have increased in frequency since the ouster of former Libyan leader Colonel Muammar el-Qadhafi in August 2011, in the context of increased insecurity and a resurgence of radical Islamist elements across the country, particularly in the east.

Outlook and Implications
The attacks on the Sufi shrines highlight two negative trends in Libya. First, the increasing power and scope of resurgent armed Salafist groups, which have been blamed for a number of attacks against Sufi sites in recent months, as well as implicated in a number of bombings and other attacks against foreign interests. This ties into a broader trend of radical Islamism that the authorities have struggled to control, highlighted by the increasing activities of suspected jihadi groups, particularly in and around the eastern city of Benghazi. Secondly, the attacks highlight the continued deficit of central government authority in the country, even in the capital Tripoli, as a result of the protracted integration of revolutionaries into the security forces, and the continued integral role of the SSC in directing and overseeing said security forces. While the response of Magariaf and the new congress is a positive reflection of the ideals shared by the majority of Libyans, the disconnect between these ideals and the machinery of state still controlled by opaque and partisan interests represents a continued source of instability."

Mash3d, Thanks for posting this info. I'd give you several stars if I could. This desecration of Sufi shrines is really saddening. Muslims have killed Sufis before, and this desecration of their graves is an extension of that.

The Sufis are the only hope for genuine spirituality within Islam. Let me explain.

Sufism is often mistaken for Islam, but they are not the same at all. The hardline radical Islamists like the Salafists know that.

Sufism was already ancient BEFORE Muhammad was ever born. They existed (there are over a hundred different Sufi orders) in the lands conquered by the Islamic armies. Some survived by adopting the COVER of Islam. Those Sufi orders that demand that one convert to Islam (before they can accept one for training) are the ones who lost their spiritual way.

True Sufism is NOT entrenched in any particular organized religion. So there are Jewish Sufis, Christian Sufis, Hindu Sufis, etc. The Sufi Orders train people in techniques that lead to the direct experience of God.

Islam was NEVER a spiritual path. Islam is a "totalitarian political system disguised as a religion."

The Salafists are not sensitive to Spirit, and they destroy what they cannot understand.

edit on 15-9-2012 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join