It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney out of touch...thinks middle income is $200,000 - $250,000 per year

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Are some of you really that easily duped?

Barack Obama's pledge to avoid raising taxes on the middle class, coupled with policy proposals that preserve tax cuts for those earning less than $250K, means that Obama also defines the middle class all the way up into the mid-200Ks.

Speaking of middle class...under Obama the median income has SHRUNK to 1990 level.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

-Most small business owners are in that $200,000 to $250,000 per year income level.

edit on 15-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

I guess by the out-of-touch government that thinks employeing 500 people is "small business".

Try a medium business!

Small business is lucky to break even the last 5 years or so...okay maybe $100k profit!

$250 profit was true like 10 years ago before the massive offshoring. People don't have spending income because there are fewer jobs and the pay is lower. This affects ALL BUSINESS because it is a chain reaction.

You make less and you spend less. You make more and you spend more.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Romney is a mirror image of Greg Stillson from the Dead Zone..... want nukes?, ya got 'em...
if you vote Romney... if not, vote Obama

[imgsharetv.org...][/img]

Fake preacher men.. both.

If anyone wishes to test this theory watch X Files Tempus Fugit and Max, and Space, and see if those don't prophetically show flight 93 and shuttle Columbia........thank God for the MIEC (Military industrial Entertainment Complex)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

-Most small business owners are in that $200,000 to $250,000 per year income level.

I guess by the out-of-touch government that thinks employeing 500 people is "small business".

Try a medium business!

Small business is lucky to break even the last 5 years or so...okay maybe $100k profit!

$250 profit was true like 10 years ago before the massive offshoring. People don't have spending income because there are fewer jobs and the pay is lower. This affects ALL BUSINESS because it is a chain reaction.

Go check the SBA website.

www.sba.gov.

Small business to them = 500 employees and $7 million in annual receipts.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilverWraith

Barack Obama's pledge to avoid raising taxes on the middle class, coupled with policy proposals that preserve tax cuts for those earning less than $250K, means that Obama also defines the middle class all the way up into the mid-200Ks.

Speaking of middle class...under Obama the median income has SHRUNK to 1990 level.

Bingo!

We are going the wrong way!

Who wants to follow - Wrong Way Obama-?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Hey, look...another "...but Obama is BAAAAAD" response. Not even a word about the actual topic. Good job!

Obama has the SAME criteria for middle class as Romney. That has everything to do with the actual topic.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Hey, look...another "...but Obama is BAAAAAD" response. Not even a word about the actual topic. Good job!

Obama has the SAME criteria for middle class as Romney. That has everything to do with the actual topic.

does it? The topic is Romney. You all dont even try to defend him. You deflect to obama. Says a lot, really.

And before it even comes, lets make one thing clear-I am not a fan of obama. I just think its sad that you cannot even say anything to defend your man, you can only deflect to obama.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Ok I admit I missed it. I even underlined it.
Mistakes happen when you stay up all night on your day off.

Can I ask why he Romney does not think 100K is middle class?

Will any proponent of Mitt admit when they are wrong?
edit on 15-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

does it? The topic is Romney. You all dont even try to defend him. You deflect to obama. Says a lot, really.

And before it even comes, lets make one thing clear-I am not a fan of obama. I just think its sad that you cannot even say anything to defend your man, you can only deflect to obama.

The independents will decide the 2012 election.

They will vote against Obama.

His policies have failed. It's time to give President Mitt Romney a chance.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Try a medium business!

Go check the SBA website.

www.sba.gov.

Small business to them = 500 employees and $7 million in annual receipts.

Not calling you a liar. I think the figures and the definitions given are completly whacky.

To me small business is 1 to 50 employees. At most 200!

The problem is not obama or romney. It is the government!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Romney is a stereotypical rich scum bag. We already know this. Of course he really believes in these delusions.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Well, that's what most people think when they walk into the SBA and ask for a loan.

How many employees?!

500 ?!

I'm sorry i came down here. What was i thinking?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
My family of 6 and average of 2 dogs lived on $25,000 from 1987-2002.
Now we're all finished with college and one of us is a lawyer.

Romney, just shut up.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

50K is what Romney can find in change in his sofa cushions. Yeah, I wish I was middle class then. I guess at 55K between myself and my hubby we are considered poor white trash. At least I am not on foodstamps or the tit of the county.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q33323
I know lots of folk who have a family income in that range. They are certainly not "living large." It depends on where you live. That amount in jerk-water Nevada would be fine. In San Francisco, $200k, for a family of four, might qualify you for food stamps.

You can barely make it on $100k these days... anywhere.

You're just as out of touch. At 55K per year between us we own a home two cars have all the modern conveniences at our house like cell phones and computers and large screen tv's. We eat well and dont buy our clothing at the thirft stores. Where are you that 100 k is poor? Pluheeese.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
he's not that far off.

you want a nice house, 3 cars, and trips to rurope, you're not getting there on 100k

We dont need a third car . My house is pretty nice. Its very old almost 100 years old and a lovely victorian with high ceilings and crown moldings in every room and hardwood flooring throughout.
We dont travel to europe not because its out of reach, ( we have credit cards) but because there is so much to see and do right here without the travel . This thread is going to out the snobs for sure.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by Q33323
I know lots of folk who have a family income in that range. They are certainly not "living large." It depends on where you live. That amount in jerk-water Nevada would be fine. In San Francisco, $200k, for a family of four, might qualify you for food stamps.

You can barely make it on $100k these days... anywhere.

Not true.

I live in Calgary, one of the most expensive places in North America to live and buy food, and I make roughly 65k a year, which is only about 1000$ a week clear in Canada.

Anyways, I have lots of bills, child, student loan, visa, house! and I live pretty decent and I think I'm Middle-Class.

So take it from there?

You are average for the folks in my circle. I dont have friends that make upward of 100k. We are all plugging away at our daily lives just fine in the 55 -60 k range. Thats middle folks. Not 200-250, thats lawyers and doctors saleries not the average joe who fixes cars for a living or a teacher or a sales person.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join