It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ATS political time capsule: Share your predictions for the state of the union in 2016.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Greetings.

As the 2012 electoral season gets into full swing and the partisan rhetoric heats up, I thought we might try a little experiment. This thread is intended to collect ideas and opinions about what the results of the elections might mean for America over the next four years.

Opinions get very charged and intense as we head down the home stretch to October, and hyperbole sets in. Many Romney supporters will tell you the country will be lost if Obama gets another four years, while the a number of Obama fans will say that America is doomed if Romney takes the prize. One thing is for sure: somwbody will win and somebody will lose. This is a chance to lay out your ideas of what might happen in either or both cases, in as lurid or as nuanced a manner as you like. Then, in four years, if we are all still here, I will bump this thread and we will see what is what.

So....

If you are a Romney supporter: Tell us what you think the country will look like in 4 years if your man becomes President. How will he be able to solve the daunting problems that America faces? Will the country be a better place in 2016, and if so, how? What, specifically, will be better? Also, if you wish, give us your predictions about what would happen if Obama wins. What will America look like in four year in that case? How bad can it get?

If you are an Obama supporter: Tell us what you think the country will look like in 4 years if your man becomes President. How will he be able to solve the daunting problems that America faces? Will the country be a better place in 2016, and if so, how? What, specifically, will be better? Also, if you wish, give us your predictions about what would happen if Romney wins. What will America look like in four year in that case? How bad can it get?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I predict you're going to need a third option for supporters of neither and how the US will be a worse place regardless of which man wins the office.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
I predict you're going to need a third option for supporters of neither and how the US will be a worse place regardless of which man wins the office.

All predictions are welcome.

But I'm hoping some of our more partisan members will be willing to go on record about how their guy will save us and how the other will doom us.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The results of the upcoming election will be moot cause the world will end on December 21,2012.

Given the recent events that have played out in the rest of the world this week starting to think "the end is nigh crowd" isn't so far off the mark.

Ok not really.

2013 New boss will be the same as the old boss and the decline of America is a given because neither one right or left has got the # to do what needs to be done.

Between the 2 credit downgrades the second one not getting much press coverage or ATS coverage Bernakes printing more money.

The dollar will continue to fall China's rise will continue to make up the difference of US spending.

Gold doulbed in the last decade near tripling and silver will continue to gain value that is of course til the bubble bursts, and fakes flooding the market by state sponsors.

Also see the student trillion dollar loan bubble bursting.

With 30 million new people going on the Medicaid pay roll that is going to fail for an already failing system.

Social Security and Medicare 1 government program paying for another one and the costs continue to ballon.

Doesn't take nostradamas to know America is screwed both domestically and foreign policy matters.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
My prediction is that you wont be able to view this thread in 2016 because they'll have banned all sites like ATS.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It's a sad day when a poster like you say's something like this.
It's only natural because you have stuck to the facts so far.
Imo they will find a way to keep this up without alerting the masses. Just as the buffalo hunters of the past would take the ones on the edge of the herds so not to spook the masses and by 2016 Jessee Ventura will not have a single chance of changing his under ware much less the U.S.

Were a day late and a 100 trillion dollars short

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Im a Gary Johnson Supporter.

If he were to win, we will see vetoes on stupid bills, that support more waste, and frivolous government spending.

You might even see a few Wars avoided.

Thats MY wish.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
But I'm hoping some of our more partisan members will be willing to go on record about how their guy will save us and how the other will doom us.

Trouble is, the scenario you're looking for isn't feasible. Aside from the diehard supporters (which represent the minority on both sides), I don't think either candidate is viewed as a savior by the brunt of their supporters. This election has become entirely about keeping the person who will do the least damage out of the office. You could get a 10 page thread going if the question was simply "How will Dude XYZ hose the nation if elected?" This is a damage control election at best. That's what you get when you have both sides essentially agreeing with each other on macro issues and the only differences between the two being at the individual voter priority positions.

I guess what I'm saying is we've got a nation of idiots who are completely infatuated with cults of personality swirling around "their" candidates and rare is the man who stops and says "He may have just said some very eloquent words, but there's zero substance behind them and this beautiful man in a tailored suit is the human equivalent to a PEZ dispenser... looks neat and distributes little candies which lose their tastiness within seconds and have absolutely NO nutritional value."

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

... You could get a 10 page thread going if the question was simply "How will Dude XYZ hose the nation if elected?"...

That's a perfectly acceptable way to approach this thread. Obama-haters can talk about how Obama will ruin the nation if elected, and Romney haters can do the same.
edit on 9/14/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Im a Gary Johnson Supporter.

If he were to win, we will see vetoes on stupid bills, that support more waste, and frivolous government spending.

You might even see a few Wars avoided.

Thats MY wish.

I wonder if Gary Johnson has family that he wants to protect by doing the right thing.
They will blackmail him like all the rest if elected.
The system has design flaws from the start and it will take a miracle of grace or a strong sense of false security for all to change that.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I personally don't think America will exist in 2016. At least not as it is now. The people in this country are so far gone that one major incident will cause us all to rip each other apart. With the way the world is currently a crash of some sorts is coming. Wether it be financial, environmental, world war, or all of the above has yet to be seen. I could be wrong, but this is what my gut has been telling me for a long time. I don't think politics will be high on anyones priority list come 2016. I really don't think it will make a difference who is elected either. Same events will probably happen, maybe just differently with each person.

It will be interesting if their is still an ATS to come to in 2016 to read this. I suspect there won't for a number of reasons but we shall see.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
It's impossible to predict I think no matter who wins. Something external is going to force their hand.
Then the internal struggle begins, and it's a global fight for the remaining power.

Tread lightly, it feels.

new topics

top topics

join