It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan: Two Dead In US Camp Bastion Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Afghanistan: Two Dead In US Camp Bastion Attack

news.sky.com

Militants armed with rockets have attacked the main Allied military base in Afghanistan, leaving at least two people dead and a number of others hurt.

The perimeter of Camp Bastion was breached as it was hit by small arms fire and there was major damage to buildings, an aircraft hangar and several military jets.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Blow back in it's finest form.

Do you think the "sleeper cells" call has been made?

It's a very troubling time and I honestly think the only way to stop all of this is to uproot every US base around the world, pack up and come home. I know this seems too "simple" for it to work, but I bet 2 decades after that occurs that terrorist attacks on Western nations would cease completely. IMO.

You stop killing peoples friends and family and they'll stop holding a grudge and trying to kill anyone at all from your country. Sure there is the religious nut aspect, that still may swear to death to other religions but the wars, IMO, would stop.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 14-9-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The Middle East really is like a tinderbox right now, we're at the point of no return now....

By the way OP, Camp Bastion is a British base
. Just saying.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Sorry to hear the sad news about those deaths.
Just to correct you, Camp Bastion is not a US Camp. It was built by The British and is the main British camp in Afghanistan :-

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I saw this story plastered all over the place.

Funny thing is, 250 Americans have died in Afghanistan so far this year but youd never know it.

So why is this such major news?

Sensationalism at its best.

edit on 14-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

It's a very troubling time and I honestly think the only way to stop all of this is to uproot every US base around the world, pack up and come home. I know this seems too "simple" for it to work, but I bet 2 decades after that occurs that terrorist attacks on Western nations would cease completely. IMO.

Your right and at the same time you are wrong....It would work if we brought our troops home! How do you think the military contract lobbyists would feel about that? You know, the guys that work for the military contratactors that give our senators and congressman fat envelopes stuffed full of cash!!!

War is a business, and unfortunately our elected "representatives" have chosen to represent the corporate lobbyists and let the tax payers of America take the brunt and responsibility for their corrupt behavior!

Thus making your simple and logical response to solving the problem at hand NOT POSSIBLE!

But yet, I will watch people on this site adore and idolize the criminals who are responsible for our downfall in this country! How freakin pathetic can Americans get?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
It's started... US forces need to get the hell out asap before they get what's coming..

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I think we should leave. Drop them flat and change our way of life here in America. Get back to being self-sufficient. It would take a huge change in lifestyle, but updating rail trains and mass transit will help stimulate jobs. Advocating, growing your own food. It takes less than a 1/4 acre of land to have a garden. Seriously, start recycling. Which will generate jobs. Different trucks, pick up different materials. More factories to deal with the recycling will create plants.

Nothing is impossible. American's just have to want it bad enough, and stand up and tell the government that.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This is not the map of protests that the news showed earlier today but there were a crapload of protests from northen Africa to middle east,

maps.google.com...

When those soldiers got murdered in Afghanstan earlier from "burning those korans" who did not get a service as we saw today for a "diplomat" which irks me.

Those thousands of American soldiers who have died in Afghanistan in the last decade didn't get any recognition either.

But suddenly the BS flying out of the current administration agian blaming everyone and evertyhing but them selves is par for the course.

This is the one the news showed:

maps.google.com...,42.1875&spn=57.886601,105. 46875&z=3
edit on 14-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Noticed you posted almost copy and paste replies to one of your other threads Calgarian. Anyhow the only way U.S. bases will be dismantled is if they become not strategically viable anymore, too expensive for the strategic value or a capable enemy declares war on the U.S.

Anything less would look weak and the U.S. military is not accustomed to that, so even if bases are being closed and troops sent back home the chances of the public hearing about it are slim, less they need to appease the anti-war activists and pacifists to quell protests or bad PR gain votes and popularity and so on.

Top that off with the White House saying on numerous occasions that the War on Terror will take decades, didn't Tony Blair say it would probably never end? lol, either way it's a carte blanche for the military industrial to make money perpetually with no foreseeable end, keep people terrified and distracted while passing draconian laws to further tighten the noose around society, and ultimately usher in the infamous New World Order.

It goes much deeper then those few points mentioned as it would appear nothing good has come from this agenda and abundance of evil is what looks like this will bring, contrary to what the architects of it would believe. Keep telling a lie over and over again and eventually it becomes the truth.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by onethatisrampant
Noticed you posted almost copy and paste replies to one of your other threads Calgarian. .

Yes, well no one viewed that thread because it was shut down immediately lol. So I got no feedback.

If I said something else entirely, wouldn't I be going back on my statement

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Also sorry! IT's a UK base but 2 US marines died.

Also, PRINCE HARRY is stationed at that base. How did they know?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

The newspapers reported it then the T*liban said it was their aim.

uk.news.yahoo.com...
edit on 15-9-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Also, PRINCE HARRY is stationed at that base. How did they know?

The Taliban knew because the Prince's second tour has been widely reported.

To the OP. This is a bit of a poor effort because although two US soldiers tragically died, 18 or more insurgents were killed. It is no wonder the Taliban's preferred weapon is the IED when they get a hammering like that.

Regards

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
NATO releases details of brazen raid on base in Afghanistan

STORY HIGHLIGHTS NEW:
Insurgents in U.S. Army uniforms attack the camp where Prince Harry is based

The four NATO troops killed by Afghan police were American, an official says

The well-trained, well-armed attackers kill two Marines and destroy six jets

Prince Harry was not in danger, British and NATO sources say

VIDEO: www.cnn.com...

Pretty damn brazen.
edit on 16-9-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

How well our hard earned tax dollars used to kill our own soldiers, "insurgents dress in US uniforms, armed to their teeth with probably US weapons and damage 6 jets that cost million in dollars and to add more insult, our defense budget cuts do not include the foreign aid to those countries.

top topics

join