It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Marines killed as rebels breach base in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Hi.

I just came across this...

www.foxnews.com...

Two Marines were killed when Afghan militants armed with rocket propelled grenades and small arms breached the perimeter of the main U.S. Marine base in southern Afghanistan not long ago, following a rocket and mortar attack on the base that is shared with British forces.

Army Maj. Martyn Crighton, a spokesman at International Security Assistance Force's Joint Command, said the attack on Camp Bastion/ Camp Leatherneck may still be ongoing. There are at least two fatalities and a number of wounded. The base took indirect and small arms fire, causing major damage to buildings, an aircraft hangar and several military jets.

This facility is often subject to indirect fire, but officials in Afghanistan say the damage that has resulted is far more severe than normal. Officials in Afghanistan said it is too early to know if this attack was motivated by the anti-Islamic YouTube movie that recently went viral on the Internet.

I am quite sure they attacked because of the movie or they are using that as a reason.

This is getting out of hand really quickly. I hope it ends soon before we have all out war.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
At least Afghanistan is a warzone so these guys have the resources to fight this one properly. It's time to bring them all home if you ask me.

Semper Fi brothers, I'm sure you went down fighting.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
At least Afghanistan is a warzone so these guys have the resources to fight this one properly. It's time to bring them all home if you ask me.

Yeah...at least they have bullets in their guns there...I hope....

Des

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Two dead Marines is 3 too many. Makes me sick and as a former Marine it breaks my heart. R.I.P and Semper Fi.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by usmc0311

Yeah...at least they have bullets in their guns there...I hope....

Des

The other Marines were armed supposedly. I guess that was a bogus story made to make Obama look worse than he already does. Although I will withhold final judement on that until I hear a confrimation from any of the Marines present. Who knows what to believe anymore. I just have a feeling that if they had been ordered to not carry ammo they would have raised a fuss and it would have gone public long ago. Not many Marines I know would stand a post like that without being armed. It goes against their purpose for being their. Word travels fast amongs Marines so I expect we will here from the horses mouth sooner or later.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Yup..my brothers should be capable of defending themselves...time to bring the rain or evac

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Are the Taliban assuming that Prince Harry might be on this base? BBC is reporting this was an American section of a British base that got attacked.

Just speculation at this point, not much news on this attack yet.
edit on 14-9-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

I saw this story plastered all over the place.

Funny thing is, 250 Americans have died in Afghanistan so far this year but youd never know it.

So why is this such major news?

Sensationalism at its best.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Are the Taliban assuming that Prince Harry might be on this base? BBC is reporting this was an American section of a British base that got attacked.

Thanks for the heads up. I hope it's a rumor of Prince Harry being there. He is a darling of the U.K. Plus, from what I understand, the U.K. is about half Muslim population...could bode not so well, depending how this rumor goes.

Des

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Very good point there. They released a statement a few days ago saying that Harry is now a primary target. I thought he was anyway, but I guess they need to make statements like that to get all their radical loons all riled up.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Thanks for the heads up. I hope it's a rumor of Prince Harry being there. He is a darling of the U.K. Plus, from what I understand, the U.K. is about half Muslim population...could bode not so well, depending how this rumor goes.

Des

What?

Half of my country is Muslim? What complete idiocy

And the vast majority of Muslim people in the UK are moderate, support our military, and came here to escape the religious insanity of their own nations and dictators.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Des

What?

Half of my country is Muslim? What complete idiocy

And the vast majority of Muslim people in the UK are moderate, support our military, and came here to escape the religious insanity of their own nations and dictators.

Thank you for the education. See, I only have info from what little I've read. It's nice to have *correct* info, from the horse's mouth. so to speak. But, in relation to your previous post. Why was Prince Harry listed as a primary target. Only his relation to your Queen? TIA

Des

edit on 14-9-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

According to the census, 91% of the UK's population is "White".

UK's demographics.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Prince Harry is a Royal here in the UK. I suppose if your President had children old enough to be a Marine or Pilot resetc and was sent there, they would be on a list as well.
Personally I think he should not be there as it could put other people at risk more than usual if they find out where he is. I wish that all the British and Americans would just head for home as too many good human beings are being killed and for what?
I have the greatest respect for all of our guys fighting there, but just found out as well about the 2 Marines who were killed and my heart goes out to their families.
I firmly believe that no country will ever defeat them, Russia tried and gave up, look at America and Britain plus the other countries who are there. Look at the lives lost plus the enormous cost in dollars to fund it. Would our countries not be better spending that money on our own people instead of killing?
Kill one tribal leader over there and another stands in before he has hit the ground.
Just my pennies worth.......

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Thanks for the reply scotsdavy. I agree with you. He should not be there, it does bring increased danger to others, as well as himself. I think it's going to escalate to the point that extricating American and English civilians, and Military, becomes a daunting task. Where is Obama in all this today....*crickets*......

Des

edit on 14-9-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
since when does indirect small arms fire cause major damage to buildings and aircraft hangers

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well, think what it would be like if they either killed or captured him? Fair enough he is in the Forces, but to go there is crazy. Also, I reckon he will have his own bodyguards like the SAS guarding him all the time so he isn't like a normal soldier there either.
As you say, where is Obama in this, also, where is David Cameron, our Prime Minister as well? Too busy having lunches on the taxpayers I suppose....

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I have no clue what's going on with this "movie" . I know of it's existence, but have no clue if it was manufactured with intent to incite violence.

I have no clue how many of the incidents we're partially started/funded by CIA operatives. I'm sure that after a few sparks, more people joined in at other locations...it seems to be getting a bit out of control.

...but maybe not. Why the hell are the security forces without bullets at these embassies? Seriously? again, SERIOUSLY???

I look at the media portrayal, and it seems a bit more blown out of proportion than it is in reality.

Putting this all together, whether it started out as a false flag OP, or not...it's being steered in a direction and for a reason.

It seems best to keep our emotions in check and critical minds sharp to try and figure out exactly WHAT, by WHOM, and WHY this is happening.

top topics

join