It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STOP! Breathe! Think! And REALIZE!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Money is really the root of it. We "vote" with out wallets.But that's not the only tool we have. Imagine of every major news outlet, Politician, and media mogul woke up one day to tens or hundreds of thousands of emails, all saying "We are sick of the status quo. We are not stupid and we are tired of the manipulation. We demand that you begin performing your duties with ethics and a respect for the people. And if you don't - we will boycott your industry outright".

That message is more powerful than guns, uprisings, or riots.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

Thanks for sharing this information.
I did not know who Norman Dodd was even so I read the wiki on him.
And it basically drives home the point you have presented.

en.wikipedia.org...

They have engineered every war we have been in and engineered all the directions this country has taken.

What I find hard to understand, is how people can call it a conspiracy and not to be believed that certain people with great wealth, resources and power, can direct a country in a direction they so choose.

Is it also a conspiracy when a person starts a business in his garage, and through an orchestra of actions and study, 50 years later, he is employing thousands in a large business?

Those that have access to our government and work within the government have access to far more data and resources and the ability to set policy than the common man in this country or any independent business for that matter.

It is not far fetched at all.

Some more info on Dodd:

Norman Dodd (June 29, 1899 – January 1987) born in New Jersey, was a banker/bank manager, worked as a financial advisor and served as chief investigator in 1953 for U.S. Congressman B. Carroll Reece Special Committee on Tax Exempt Foundations (commonly referred to as the Reece Committee).[1] He was primarily known for his controversial investigation into tax-exempt foundations.

He then asserted that the Ford Foundation, Rockefeller Foundation, and Carnegie Endowment were using funds excessively on projects at Columbia, Harvard, Chicago University and the University of California, in order to enable oligarchical collectivism.

He stated that the grants given by the Foundations had been used for:
"Directing education in the United States toward an international view-point and discrediting the traditions to which, it (formerly) had been dedicated.

Training individuals and servicing agencies to render advice to the Executive branch of the Federal Government.

Decreasing the dependency of education upon the resources of the local community and freeing it from many of the natural safeguards inherent in this American tradition.

Changing both school and college curricula to the point where they sometimes denied the principles underlying the American way of life.

Financing experiments designed to determine the most effective means by which education could be pressed into service of a political nature."

He cited a book called The Turning of the Tides, which documented the literature from various tax-exempt foundations and organizations like UNESCO showing that they wished to install World Government and collectivism along the lines of Plato's Republic.[3]

The transcripts of the Reece Committee Hearings became extremely scarce for awhile, yet they are available on the internet due to Charlotte Iserbyt, who worked with the Department of Education in the 1980s, and was a friend of Dodd.

Norman Dodd was interviewed by the journalist G. Edward Griffin just before he died and an interview documentary was produced as a result which has gained a very wide audience in later years.

edit on 15-9-2012 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I watched the movie SALT tonight and there was a part in there that was part of an operation that to enrage millions of Muslims,, in the eventual takeover by russia.. it was interesting non the less.
Then I remember the movie "Long Kiss Goodnight" where in the middle of the movie the statement was made how someone would fly a jumbo jet into the twin towers, just to get the government to cough up money for a war.. funny how that movie was made before the 9/11 event.
This whole thing just smells of plan

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

unplug yourself and smell the roses

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

we went to war with you guys?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
An interesting hypothesis indeed.

The British, and then after the USA, shaped the Middle East to what it is today by installing dictators to keep the peace for the oil everyone needs.

Now you are saying that with the move away from oil, they are wrapping up their business in the Middle East by removing dictators and stirring up the people so that they can fight and gravitate to what the people want, even if that is an Islamic Caliphate?

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17

Now, the world is trending toward renewable energy. America is by far the biggest consumer of oil. Within 20 or 30 years, we could be using half of what we do now or less. Our technology will be exported around the world in the name of climate preservation.

edit on 9/15/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

why the threat and not the boycott? would you really believe them if they said "yes" to your demands? they'd put on an act and then soon be right back at it and we'd have to start all over. why not just boycott everything right now? how would we do that?

I don't think it can be done without a major cataclysmic event (not extinction level but enough to drastically change geology and/or climate) to snap us out of our delusion that this nonsense with religion and politics is anything worth killing each other over; when we now have to adapt to survive the coming changes. if anything actually happens

I would like to see aliens come to us individually and give each of us our own little piece of special technology that makes our lives better but also prevents us from harming others. We need another "giant leap for mankind"- a more significant one this time.

edit on 15-9-2012 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Asinine thread that is meant to create sympathy for people who attack and kill others over idiotic things like a movie.

"Freedom of expression as long as it doesn't express itself upon Islam" right?

Here's something I found a while back I'd like to share:

A German's View on Islam

A man, whose family was German aristocracy prior to World War II, owned a number of large industries and estates. When asked how many German people were true Nazis, the answer he gave can guide our attitude toward fanaticism.

'Very few people were true Nazis,' he said, 'but many enjoyed the return of German pride, and many more were too busy to care. I was one of those who just thought the Nazis were a bunch of fools. So, the majority just sat back and let it all happen. Then, before we knew it, they owned us, and we had lost control, and the end of the world had come. My family lost everything. I ended up in a concentration camp and the Allies destroyed my factories.'

We are told again and again by 'experts' and 'talking heads' that Islam is the religion of peace and that the vast majority of Muslims just want to live in peace. Although this unqualified assertion may be true, it is entirely irrelevant. It is meaningless fluff, meant to make us feel better, and meant to somehow diminish the spectre of fanatics rampaging across the globe in the name of Islam..

The fact is that the fanatics rule Islam at this moment in history. It is the fanatics who march. It is the fanatics who wage any one of 50 shooting wars worldwide. It is the fanatics who systematically slaughter Christian or tribal groups throughout Africa and are gradually taking over the entire continent in an Islamic wave. It is the fanatics who bomb, behead, murder, or honour-kill. It is the fanatics who take over mosque after mosque. It is the fanatics who zealously spread the stoning and hanging of rape victims and homosexuals. It is the fanatics who teach their young to kill and to become suicide bombers.

The hard, quantifiable fact is that the peaceful majority, the 'silent majority,' is cowed and extraneous.

Communist Russia was comprised of Russians who just wanted to live in peace, yet the Russian Communists were responsible for the murder of about 20 million people. The peaceful majority were irrelevant. China's huge population was peaceful as well, but Chinese Communists managed to kill a staggering 70 million people.

The average Japanese individual prior to World War II was not a warmongering sadist. Yet, Japan murdered and slaughtered its way across South East Asia in an orgy of killing that included the systematic murder of 12 million Chinese civilians; most killed by sword, shovel, and bayonet.

And who can forget Rwanda , which collapsed into butchery. Could it not be said that the majority of Rwandans were 'peace loving'?

History lessons are often incredibly simple and blunt, yet for all our powers of reason, we often miss the most basic and uncomplicated of points:

Peace-loving Muslims have been made irrelevant by their silence.

Peace-loving Muslims will become our enemy if they don't speak up, because like my friend from Germany , they will awaken one day and find that the fanatics own them, and the end of their world will have begun.

Peace-loving Germans, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, Rwandans, Serbs, Afghans, Iraqis, Palestinians, Somalis, Nigerians, Algerians, and many others have died because the peaceful majority did not speak up until it was too late.

I never held any ill will against anyone for any reason before I moved back to Norway. That's when I first realized that there's a dividing line between people. I don't care what anyone says, because I know this to be the truth: Beyond the pleasantries we share, there is a "Them VS Us" mentality.

Crime in Oslo and other communities is sky rocketing thanks to M.E. immigration. Who sells drugs in Oslo? Middle Easterners. Who has been going on a raping spree forcing the American embassy to issue an alert in Oslo? Middle Easterners. Who owns the biggest gang in Oslo which leave the cops scared to enter certain areas? Middle Easterners.

I can go on and on and I have so many times before that I just don't feel like it anymore. If you're stupid enough to believe that Islam is "peaceful" then you A) Never lived around any Muslims or B) Are so politically correct it leaves you handicapped to the truth.

Open your eyes, just because it isn't politically correct and "uncomfortable" doesn't mean it isn't true. So stop living in your la-la land and get with the program. Islam wants the West.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Did you actually read the OP? Did you see any apologetic rhetoric in it at all? Or did the idea that you are being manipulated into hatred set off your internal protectionist software?

I think you've misunderstood the entire point.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

That's because the SA uprising was put down very quickly and severely, with our weapons and support.

They know that causing a riot there means prison, if you're lucky.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Great post, simple and informative yet very striking.

I started reading and as i suspected, blind ignorance creeps in within the first 2 pages.

I can fully understand where the Muslims are coming from with this, they've been blatantly took the piss out of.
I don't condone for one minute the actions that some have since undertaken but it's obvious that this reaction would occur and this whole scenario has been orchestrated to create such a reaction. With recent events over the years and differences being highlighted between eastern/western cultures (as opposed to educating each other the reasons for our different cultures), the hysteria which has ensued was inevitable.

These false flags are just so blatant now, i believe that we're all having the piss taken out of us.. We really are that stupid as a whole :/

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I agree, we again are being manipulated, for something, I don't know what.

But it does seem things are starting to culminate and I wonder how long it will take to come to a head. Things are not good, and not as all it seems. But to what end....?

Star and flag

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

IMO the reason is fairly obvious. Destabilize, incite fear ( in all cultures ), making us all blame one another...

And then along comes the promise of security, prosperity, and peace - all in the guise of one world government. A power promising to end all war, hunger, and disease. And, stressed, worn out, and frightened, the masses will all cry out in praise and acceptance.

We'll stand in line to accept our shackles, give up our rights, and trust the few to control us all.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Sweet.
Hey lady.

edit on 15-9-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

More "western" troops being killed by the troops they trained and thought they could trust.

It could be a psyops campaign or it could be exactly what it is - the middle east has had just about enough of Western nations coming into their lands and pillaging them.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

What I proposed was more along the lines that they are stirring up the people to incite violence to justify an increased presence in various countries to prevent the Islamic Caliphate and curb extremism among the influential that is bound to rise as oil profits decrease and resources are more scarce.

Mouthful.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
OK. I am now dressed in my customary T-shirt and ancient blue jeans ( The traditional Heff uniform ), have eaten dinner, fed the cat, fixed my roommates computer issues, made all the necessary phone calls to out of state family members, regarding todays funeral, and have taken my PTSD meds. So I can begin to catch up here.

One thing I did notice, in scanning over the posts is the emotional attachment many of us have to our personal positions and the lengths we will go to in order to justify them.

As a parent and a guy who's getting along in years I can very much see a similarity between some behavior here and behavior I encountered much earlier in life... Watching children fight.

Billy: But DAD, I had every right to punch Timmy because he...

Timmy: Well DAD, I did THAT because Billy said...

Billy: Yeah, well I said THAT because TIMMY touched my....

Timmy: But DAD said you have to share your toys with me...

And so on.

The problem with these emotional justifications is that nobody actually owns up to their own trespasses, nor do they even stop long enough to analyze whether there is a right or wrong actually anywhere in the mix.

It's all mired in egocentric indignation.

The point of this entire thread is to point out that not all of our firmly held beliefs make sense. And, in fact, many of them are created, fed, and manipulated by outside sources. Sources who have agendas.

Do we want a world where justice exists and people only fight over legitimate and correct causes? Then we first have to strip away the deceit and lies that we've been conditioned with for generations. Then we have to own our personal accountability for our own actions. And then we have to educated ourselves to avoid being fooled and manipulated further.

That which separates us is trivial in comparison to that which unites us.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Just found a really good source.

An analysis of the Prophet Muhammad in resolving conflict

In fact, in the very beginning of humanity in Heaven, the creation of Adam and Eve, we see the conflict between the Adam-Eve and Satan (devil). According to the Quran, Allah Himself declared their enmity. 2 From then, human civilization did never go without conflicts, battles and disputes. As a result, Allah gives complete principles in resolving conflicts, which are underlying in theQuran and Hadith, traditions of prophet (pbuh) 3

On the burning issues of peace and conflict, we see a number of traditions along with the verses of the Quran. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) led his fellow peoples to the ultimate peace resolving all sorts of disagreements by his numerous speeches and actions, from which scholars have formulated the Islamic idea of peace and conflict. These traditions exist mostly in module of his sayings as he directed the ‘ Ummah ’ on variousoccasions

An example:

At the age of 35, Muhammad (pbuh) resolved a bloody conflict on the occasion of rebuilding the ‘ Kabah ’ , the house of God. At that time ‘ Kabah ’ was in badly need of reconstruction because of a violent flood that had shattered it.
Maybe a bit of a metaphor for the contemporary?

After completing the reconstruction work, there arose a dispute to reset the sacred Black Stone in place. Every tribe claimed their exclusive right to have this honour and no one was ready to sacrifice his part in this prestigious issue.

“While we are all standing here, let the very first one to pass through the gate of al-Suffahbe our arbitrator in this dispute ” (Haykal, 1976, p.66) . This proposal was granted and the first man entered through the gate was Muhammad(pbuh). Seeing him as their arbitrator people spontaneously gave their consent with his verdict. After realizing the whole matter, Muhammad(pbuh) took a robe and placed the Black Stone on the middle of the garment. Then with his suggestion the elders of each tribe took the edge of the robe and carried that to the ‘ Kabah ’ and finally, Muhammad (pbuh) himself set the holy stone in place (p.66). Every one became pleased and the building was continued and completed

So, if Muslims are to follow the example here they must transcend tribal conflict, walk through the door of the temple in construction, and but the sacred stone in place.

A juxtaposition:

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." Matthew 5:9

If each culture could take the best of their scripture in the context of the 21st century and apply it....

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I wish I had more to add at the moment but I just wanted to say that Heff, you seem like a real smart and enlightened dude.

I have been reading this site for a long time and only recently have I been actively posting and taking part in the discourse but it is posts and thoughts like yours that make me truly happy that I take part.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

It's not a script.
Some idiot made a movie with full intention to piss off arabs to prop up his people

In turn we have Islam, which is making itself look like a big fat joke, they are destroying their own credibility. they respond to anything that isn't Pro-Islam with violence like a bunch of neanderthal cavemen. It is absolutely embarrassing to all the good Islamists, that their religion is constantly in the middle of violence because these people can't ever turn the other cheek.

In the end yes, the US will invade yet another country, and rape it's resources. it's what we do, and Islam will have yet another black eye because to many of it's followers take everything so seriously instead of just enjoying their religion. They are a joke, sorry to all you good islams but these clowns are embarrassing you

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join