It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STOP! Breathe! Think! And REALIZE!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

As I've said before, there is a pandemic of IED within Muslim countries. They need to be quarantined, treated as necessary, and, MOST DEFINITELY, NOT APOLOGIZED TO!

That's an interesting theory. Part of it seems to fit...

Other clinicians attribute IED to cognitive distortions. According to cognitive therapists, persons with IED have a set of strongly negative beliefs about other people, often resulting from harsh punishments inflicted by the parents. The child grows up believing that others "have it in for him" and that violence is the best way to restore damaged self-esteem. He or she may also have observed one or both parents, older siblings, or other relatives acting out in explosively violent ways. In short, people who develop IED have learned, usually in their family of origin, to believe that certain acts or attitudes on the part of other people "justify" aggressive attacks on them.

But there's an aspect of it that doesn't appear to fit...

Patients with IED believe that their aggressive behaviors are justified; however, they feel genuinely upset, regretful, remorseful, bewildered or embarrassed by their impulsive and aggressive behavior.

LOL!

www.minddisorders.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Settled in finally and beginning to go over posts here..

Buying into what the media sells us and reacting is playing into the hands of those who want to tell us what to believe. They've got Madison Ave on their side. They've got all of of the media outlets in their pocket. They've got our leaders on their payroll - world wide.

But we still have this - the Internet - as OUR tool. We have our voice.

We just have to know how to use it.

Twitter, ATS - and other forums like it, IRC, Yahoo chat... You want to get past propaganda? Log onto IRC and find a chat room specific to any nation or cause. Join in and simply say "Hey, I'm an American. Anyone here speak English? I'd like to know the truth about what I am being told..." And you are likely to be surprised by the responses you get. Sure, you might find some folks who are as caught up in the misinformation as most are - but you'll likely also find people who are above it.

We have fallen prey to being told what to think instead of doing our own critical thinking. Research is no longer something we can trust FOX or CNN to do for us - we have to do it ourselves, in a grass roots way.

Believe NOTHING until you've verified it in ten different ways - and then still take it with a grain of salt.

~Heff

reply to post by popcornmafia

Thanks for that. Pantera is exactly what I needed to pick myself up!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Funeral.....reminds me of where the jobs are; fema guards, funeral homes, graveyards, tuxedo rentals (ecOnomical) and private prison jobs galore. Psychologist/trists appear to have a label for every condition as it only takes some imagination. Good thing I've never had a 'label'. I usually buy generic; except for a date.

edit on 15-9-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Originally posted by Deetermined

As I've said before, there is a pandemic of IED within Muslim countries. They need to be quarantined, treated as necessary, and, MOST DEFINITELY, NOT APOLOGIZED TO!

But there's an aspect of it that doesn't appear to fit...

Patients with IED believe that their aggressive behaviors are justified; however, they feel genuinely upset, regretful, remorseful, bewildered or embarrassed by their impulsive and aggressive behavior.

LOL!

LOL!

Perhaps it's a different "strain".

I rest my case!

See ya buddy,
Milt
edit on 15-9-2012 by BenReclused because: I removed a link I shouldn't have used.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

nice. this reminds me of one of the old star wars movies when obi wan tells luke, "Your insight serves you well. Bury your feelings deep down, Luke. They do you credit, but they could be made to serve the Emperor."

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I started avoiding commenting here and elsewhere because it's pointless and I no longer feel I need to put what I think and feel into writing for it to go on the record and if there is God, he/she/it already knows what I know. Nevertheless, here I am again commenting and maybe one of you will be a little bit more awake for the effort.

First, it is essential to grasp that "War" and fighting is in the genetic code of human beings; maybe not all but most and if you think not, remember what I said the next time you watch sports, a pool or chess match but you silly-ones will try to separate "War" from the pleasure of competing. If you think you have raised your consciousness above this primitive trait, like say Gandhi, know that even his methods were a form of war and even the most evolved physical beings in the universe have not escaped it but, that is another level of this topic.

Those of you who have not seen the Norman Dodd interview by G. Edward Griffin in 1982 should watch it and take special note of 25.40 of that interview:

where the Carnegie Trustees met and went on to concluded that "No, no more effective means to alter the lives of an entire people than WAR". So, right there, the next time you think non-profit foundations like Carnegie are the good and wonderful human beings, think again.

I could go on and on about how humanity is manipulated by the elites; how the Military Industrial Complex and all of the Fortune 100 Companies have vested interests in WAR but these are facts you can find if you want to look a little.

All of this aside, I am telling you all that we want War; have been being repaired for war and nothing is going to clear the air and reshuffle the deck except for war. It is sad for the are many victims in War but it also provides the opportunity to settle scores and cull or ranks and let's face it a few million or billion less people will leave a lot of breathing room and opportunity for those who survive.

So, get your mind around this and get ready because some way, somehow, we are going to see a serious war and I suspect it will be soon.

I should add this for you who simply will not wake up..especially you Obamanoids:

You can go here for the More Deadly Than War – G. Edward Griffin in its enitrity without have to click to each part: theunhivedmind.com...

edit on 15-9-2012 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

This looks like a group of people apologizing for the people who committed the attacks. I'm doubting that these people who are apologizing are the same people who committed the attacks. Two different groups of people.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

There's a difference between a muslim extremist and their sheople herd.
When an extremist is seen to not abide by the rules of the flocked, their fate is a self-fulfilling prophecy.
One shot one kill, not one bomb and millions of angry Mothers.
Even in the animal kingdom, a Mad Mother can be a very dangerous situation.
Think! folks. As I said before, If one knew better they would Do better for it's in their better interest as Well as that of their Neigbors.

Not to sound strange here, though, there Is quite an audience Above us at the moment.
Many are unsure what to do about it since it's out of their control and they know it.
I wonder, who do they think they are fooling; surely not themselves?
Well, this Is ATS; right?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

It really is terrible that those behind the curtain use something like religion as an excuse to incite violence and possible war, just to further their economic, political and security agendas.

Just like the crusades, which had nothing to do with religion and everything to do with amassing wealth, when history tells the story, we are all lead to believe they were "holy wars". There is never anything "holy" about war in my mind.

America won ww2 and our nation boomed for 20 years....then in the 60s we churned out another war to sustain us.....too bad we did not win that one. Our nation has been sliding since our failed attempt in Vietnam, and everything we have been doing since then are minor patch jobs to keep us afloat.

This 11 year war our govt has been waging does not seem to be paying off so far......but instead of admitting that and trying a different approach to our nations problems, our govt just digs in deeper....adding more fuel to the fire....

Pretty soon we will have dug a hole so deep, it won't matter if we "win" this war, our nation will be so emotionally screwed up, that we will struggle for many years to recover.....think about how long it took people to come to terms with Vietnam.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I think the OP might actually be on to something.

The press knows this film was made by an Egyptian, but they keep calling it an American film.

Why are they leaving out the "written, directed and financed by an Egyptian" qualifier?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

Have an uncle that was a CSM in the vietnam war.
He would tell you it was a political war, not run by the generals but by politicians for the benefit of a banker or two.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
No riots in Saudi Arabia. The nation of Mecca, the home of the bin Laden family. Immense wealth concentrated in the royal family. This seems conspicuous.

Oil has provided a lot of wealth throughout the Gulf, but largely due to Western technology. Engines, drilling tech, subterranean scanning. So, there seems to be a stable business relationship among the elite despite resentment throughout the population.

Now, the world is trending toward renewable energy. America is by far the biggest consumer of oil. Within 20 or 30 years, we could be using half of what we do now or less. Our technology will be exported around the world in the name of climate preservation.

So, a hypothesis: The West fears a reduced demand in oil wealth for the Saudi's will lead to a weakening economy of Islam's holiest nation and a scarcity of resources. Which will lead to an increase in jihadist ideology among the wealthy who have the means to present a significant threat.

Because of this, America and allies is slowly closing in around Saudi Arabia. Inciting riots to justify an increased presence and influence among Saudi's neighbors and lowering the potential for the spread of extremism from the top down. Also, buffering the ability for the Islamic world to form a politically unified nation. The caliphate movement is a topic I wrote a thread on a few weeks ago, here. I believe it to be the most understated facet of the Middle Eastern drama. The Islamic world identify themselves by religion before nation-state and naturally gravitate toward a theocratic empire.
edit on 9/15/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

wow someone who knows what they're talking about. You're exactly right.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

It has always intrigued me that the most extreme Islamic nation in the world, Saudi Arabia, has always been an ally and a good guy - according to the media.

But, hey, it's all part of the script that we like don't vilify them. Oh, and the reason why? They're part of the team that writes the script the rest of us is fed on a daily basis.

Then again, they're engaged in modernization and diplomacy and they're part of the template for the coming world - so they're immune to the rhetoric and hate mongering.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Or, public perception is a smokescreen and Saudi Arabia is no ally but the target of all of this.

Speculative.
edit on 9/15/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I heard an interview today and the person being interviewed suggested that it was the Taliban who funded the anti-muslim film to be made in America in order to incite violence. Interesting theory. But that would mean that the right wing backers (Steve Klein, right-wing extremist and consultant for Islamophobic cinema, for example) of the film were also in cahoots with the Taliban in order to create a crisis for the president. What a tangled web we weave.

Pure speculation right now, but Klein himself said they went into making the film knowing this would probably happen. Personally, I do blame the makers of the film for knowingly committing what is seen as a crime towards the Muslim community in order to garner a violent reaction. The film was, in essence, a weapon who's sole purpose was to cause conflict. As for "freedom of speech":

"Fear of serious injury cannot alone justify suppression of free speech and assembly…. To justify suppression of free speech there must be reasonable ground to fear that serious evil will result if free speech is practiced… that the danger apprehended is imminent…. the evil to be prevented is a serious one."

—Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357, 375 (1927) (Brandeis, J., concurring)

The First Amendment doesn't cover everything. Shouting fire in a crowded theater is one of them. In my opinion, this film is akin to shouting fire in order to incite a riot. Religion is a dangerous tool. I don't subscribe to organized religion, myself. Too often religion causes people to go against their religious beliefs and the teachings of that religion in order to "defend" it. That is what extremists do.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

This looks like a group of people apologizing for the people who committed the attacks. I'm doubting that these people who are apologizing are the same people who committed the attacks. Two different groups of people.

I tend to agree with you. In all sincerity, I believe there are a great many Muslims, worldwide, that don't support the actions of those that seem to gain most of our attention. In hindsight, I feel my lapse of judgement in posting that link was truly distasteful. I have since edited the link out.

To those that may have been offended by my use of the above mentioned link, I truly DO apologize.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 15-9-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I agree

edit on 15-9-2012 by shuar911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Though the 'royal' family was of the seed of satan, every soul has a choice as it surely is separate from it's container. ImageIn that.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by talklikeapirat

Finally, what a relief! I hope your thread takes off, mine didn't. I dont care anymore, i just hope the messages gets out. It's a crucial point in time.

The faster we realize that we are being used as pawns in a game, the more quickly we can remove power from those who are pulling the puppet strings.

and how exactly do we remove their power? stop using money and the internet?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join