It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STOP! Breathe! Think! And REALIZE!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+109 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Suddenly a badly dubbed, laughable little movie comes along and sparks outrage in the Islamic community - a match to ignite untold eons of rhetoric and manipulation.

The West reacts with offense and indignation, and we find ourselves gleefully chanting for war.

This is all in the script... The one we weren't given. This is all manipulation. It's a psyop.

The faster we realize that we are being used as pawns in a game, the more quickly we can remove power from those who are pulling the puppet strings.

Our emotions are our Achilles tendon. Our weak spot. They are the open nerve that TPTB are experts at pushing.

Do we give in and run with the mob in this orgy of blind hatred or do we rise above it?

I guess time will tell

It is time to take away the matches from the people who want to see the world burn.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
excellent thread. well said.
i'm glad one of the mods finally stepped in an let their voice be heard.
this whole situation is madness.
this is not us against them.
its about occupation,power,manipulation,and lies.
it saddens me to see so much 'war fever' in the last days on ats,of all sights.
i have tried somewhat to be a voice of reason to many threads,but a lot of memers are still of the mind -
'america rules' disagree and die!!!
this whole thing has my gut turning,and my head aching'.
nothing good will come from this,whether we are told the truth or not!

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

A scenario that involves piting religious folk together is pretty tried and true. It works wonders. I'm sure there's something else going on this week or in the coming days that they wanted to draw attention away from.

It's sad really that we are so easily brought to our knees and blame each other for the current climate instead of those really responsible.

So is the world we live in however. A lack of education, interest in world affairs and a consistent effort by our media to distract us with non-news is what we can blame for our current mentality.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
In the headspace that I find myself in currently, I offer some insight from music - my personal choice as the thing I prefer to call religion:

Both very much on topic.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Not me, where would we fight this war exactly? What continent? What country?

It is only a matter of time now.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Thank you for saying this.
Thank you for putting it out early enough
that we can actually can, stop and breathe.
I'm exhausted just from the stupid movie
and it's impact so far.
There is certainly more to come, but
hopefully this will help many to see what's
really at play.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well put, S&F.

It's amazing how something so little and unimportant can spark so much hatred between people. TPTB know exactly how to play us, the game is rigged and most are too caught up in the spectacle to realize it.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Finally, what a relief! I hope your thread takes off, mine didn't. I dont care anymore, i just hope the messages gets out. It's a crucial point in time.

The faster we realize that we are being used as pawns in a game, the more quickly we can remove power from those who are pulling the puppet strings.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

My thoughts exactly, and nicely said.

What troubles me most is the fact that the intellectual prowess of the world is so lacking that one of the worst videos I have ever seen could be taken so seriously as to cause violence and death.

I had a hardy laugh when I watched it, and have remained in utter disbelief as to how much upheaval it has caused. Bizarre and tragic World we live in.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

The West reacts with offense and indignation, and we find ourselves gleefully chanting for war.

Did I miss a headline. The only ones on offense are those attacking embassies.

I believe many average Americans would rather see less US presence overseas and effort spent to fix America.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I really like your posts. I've noticed them on a variety of threads, and now this thread is right to the point. Its a False Flag and a particularly ridiculous one. This is what they kept hinting would come in the fall. Would they start WW3 over this silly, but very ligthweight, compared to my opinions for example, video?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
People need to wake up and realise that religion has kept them imprisoned. It is holding them back. It prevents people from thinking for themselves, it masquerades as spiritual, when it is anything but as it manipulates the animalistic. It feeds violent tendancies, it limits sexuality, and blinds spiritually. People are prevented from being true to themselves, and end up being puppets of very dangerous people.

All this crap going on is totally unnecessary, and if they did take a second out to actually think for themselves, they would see this. Many people have done so, and have refused to get involved in the violence. However, many have been dragged into it, and if it escalates, many more will be forced into it. There will definitely be a prevalent "us vs them" attitude, and it will be impossible to remain neutral and survive, as both sides will see you as the enemy.

I just hope that things do not escalate, however, with the 2012 hysteria running rampant in addition to all of this, with the planet going haywire all around us, its possible that this could finally be the end of this current civilisation. Its not something I care to witness, but it is inevitable, as history repeatedly shows us.
edit on 14-9-2012 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

The backlash is already fomenting and the eye for an eye mentality is already beginning to groundswell. Just read a few threads here and you'll see the warmongering.

I'm no hippie or peace activist. It's time to stop the madness and stop waging war for profit. My country is not the muscle arm of any corporation and it's time we let our leaders know that we are not stupid, easily controlled, or apathetic.

I fight for the right reasons - not because some folks with agendas want to push my buttons for their own benefits.

My anger, BTW, is not directed at you. I'm just fed up with what I'm seeing in the world lately and am speaking my mind.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The hatred has been there along time.
But what caused this great divide in religions?

There is a historical and traditional connection between Christianity and Islam. The two faiths share a common origin in the Middle East.[2] Muslims consider Christians as the People of the Book. From a Muslim standpoint, belief in the Injil (the original Gospel of Jesus) is an important part of Islamic theology, although Muslims view the current Gospels as corrupted. The bond extends even further with the Islamic Prophet Muhammad instructing Muslims to defend the Christian faith from aggressors in certain circumstances after treaties of peace have been signed, such as in the document called the Achtiname of Muhammad.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

A scenario that involves piting religious folk together is pretty tried and true. It works wonders. I'm sure there's something else going on this week or in the coming days that they wanted to draw attention away from.

QE3???? Haven't seen much talk about that since ole Ben came out and told the American people to bend over!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

So why are you ignoring the intolerance of those who are doing the attacking......and didn't realize "the west" is clamoring for war. For the most part, people in the west recognize that the film was made to incite violence, but also acknowledge that the individual who made that garbage has the right to do so.

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by tothetenthpower

QE3???? Haven't seen much talk about that since ole Ben came out and told the American people to bend over!!!

Might as well call it QE to infinity.
edit on 14-9-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I think I agree with the wait and see on getting too worked up to run out and buy pallets of supplies at the last minute or do anything rash....although topping off gas tanks isn't a bad idea.

Today is Friday and Friday prayers are traditionally used to rile up the population. This may have settled largely by Monday as people get burned out without common purpose to keep everything going.

It could be the signs of a far more serious and coordinated thing happening, too. Another few days is what I'd say tells the tale for the potential of deep, long term momentum to something more or a really REALLY bad reaction to what some saw as one insult too many for awhile. Hopefully, it's as spontaneous and uncoordinated as some virtually insist it is.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by roadgravel

The backlash is already fomenting and the eye for an eye mentality is already beginning to groundswell. Just read a few threads here and you'll see the warmongering.

I'm no hippie or peace activist. It's time to stop the madness and stop waging war for profit. My country is not the muscle arm of any corporation and it's time we let our leaders know that we are not stupid, easily controlled, or apathetic.

I fight for the right reasons - not because some folks with agendas want to push my buttons for their own benefits.

My anger, BTW, is not directed at you. I'm just fed up with what I'm seeing in the world lately and am speaking my mind.

~Heff

What did I miss? Are you saying that the protestors were hired to attack the U.S. embassy?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

While some provocateurs may have been paid - the majority of those people were just reacting a perceived slight - and their leaders pushed their emotional buttons.

Now the West is building up in reactionary affront.

We, Muslim, Christian, and otherwise - are all being played.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

All true but it hardly matters what we think. At the height of the opposition to the Iraq "war", 70%+ of Americans were against it.

Nothing changed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join