It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As World Burns, Obama Parties with Beyoncé

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Well it looks like the Obama Campaign is not too worried about voter perception.

We know We know.....it was a planned and scheduled event.

No need to let attacks stop the show !!

While the world is engulfed in Islamist ragefests, including the storming of Western embassies across the Middle East and the evacuation of the University of Texas at Austin due to bomb threats, President Obama is doing what he does best.

He’s hobnobbing with celebrities.

Last night, as the German embassy in Sudan smoldered, Tunisian police fired tear gas at US embassy rioters, the American military upgraded its presence in Yemen, investigations continued in Libya, Islamists burned American flags in London, Islamists invaded the US embassy in Tunisia, rioters went insane in Lebanon, protesters in Jordan went crazy, protests continued in Egypt, and crowds began to form in Malaysia, Bangladesh, and Iraq, the Obama campaign tweeted, “Beyoncé and Jay-Z are hosting the President in New York—your chance for two spots on the guest list ends at midnight.” Priorities, people!

It's OK, the voters will understand

Does anyone have a strange feeling about the President's reactions ?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

He certainly doesn't seem to be taking things seriously. He parties with Beyonce and still continues to ignore his security briefings .... even ignores them the day after the attacks and instead goes to Nevada on a campaign fund raiser. :shk:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
He will Fix Everything lol.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Nero fiddles, while Rome burns.

May not be the End of the World. But I'm guessing in a year this device I am using will be absolutely useless.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Doesn't this seem to indicate he's ducking for a reason?

Speculate all you want. All I know is this feels unreal.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Hopefully he'll get a chance to squeeze in a quick round of golf before going back on the campaign trail.

Honestly, I don't really understand it. Even if he did nothing more than make an effort to appear concerned and engaged it would appear more Presidential. He's not exactly helping himself.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
If I had the chance I would be, too!! Are you kidding me?

I'm not sure what he could be doing in DC that he can't do wherever he is now.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Fine. If Mitt Romney will agree to suspending his campaign and fund raising for a week, then I'll personally write a scathing letter to the POTUS telling him to do the same.

Besides, I can spend the next hour on Google and find article after article of past Presidents going on vacations, attending functions, and golfing when previous fires were burning. From both parties.

They are POTUS 24/7. They have to keep life going while they cope with emergencies.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
You're just jealous you weren't invited. I was.

And if he didn't show up and stayed home, you'd be complaining about how he let all his contributors down.

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He parties with Beyonce and still continues to ignore his security briefings ....

Join us in the digital age, won't you? He doesn't ignore his security briefings. He reads them. Computers are fascinating, aren't they?

link   

They have these Devices nowadays, called Phones.

POTUS have personal to keep up with current events, and alert him if need be.

What would you have him do?

Hunker down in AF1 and circle the Country?

Please man, I know your trying, but blaming the man if he needs a 10 min Crapper visit, or maybe grabbing some shut eye, is silly , as are ALL your Obama Threads.

link   

If he vacillates on a strong response and things get worse, he's toast imo.

It appears he will either win or lose the election on this issue alone.

The scary thing is that it pushes our economic issues off the front page again.

The near future is not for the feint of heart. Strap on your seat-belts, everyone. We're gonna need all of the luck we can get.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Well it looks like the Obama Campaign is not too worried about voter perception.

We know We know.....it was a planned and scheduled event.

No need to let attacks stop the show !!

While the world is engulfed in Islamist ragefests, including the storming of Western embassies across the Middle East and the evacuation of the University of Texas at Austin due to bomb threats, President Obama is doing what he does best.

He’s hobnobbing with celebrities.

Last night, as the German embassy in Sudan smoldered, Tunisian police fired tear gas at US embassy rioters, the American military upgraded its presence in Yemen, investigations continued in Libya, Islamists burned American flags in London, Islamists invaded the US embassy in Tunisia, rioters went insane in Lebanon, protesters in Jordan went crazy, protests continued in Egypt, and crowds began to form in Malaysia, Bangladesh, and Iraq, the Obama campaign tweeted, “Beyoncé and Jay-Z are hosting the President in New York—your chance for two spots on the guest list ends at midnight.” Priorities, people!

It's OK, the voters will understand

Well I did a search and I cannot find any confirmed report that this event occurred last night. Most all say "some date in the future".

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Nero playing his fiddle as Rome burned.

There are several ATS threads about America going the way of Rome.
One thread, dated Sept. 11, 2012 compares the two civilizations. Maybe Obama hob-nobbling with celebs while our international relations are in chaos should be added.

Will America imitate Rome?

Perhaps it's not just America falling like the Roman empire, but all western countries.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana

I'm not sure what he could be doing in DC that he can't do wherever he is now.

How about meeting with Netanyahu and governing.
That would be a start.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

How about meeting with Netanyahu and governing.
That would be a start.

Let Netanyahu come to where he is, not the other way around. Who's begging who for support? As for governing, I haven't seen a politician in 40 years that I wouldn't prefer to be any where but DC.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Please tell us what you want him to do beside what he is doing now.

Would you like him to start a war in each country where our Embassies have been attacked?

Would you like him to use drones and and drop bombs on people who may have nothing to do with the destruction and protests?

Would you like him to sit in the White House all day and then criticize him for staying in all day?

Seriously, what do you want from him?

Here is a guy who has the most modern technology and gadgets in the world to communicate from wherever he is in the world, and you complain despite not knowing what Obama is doing behind the scene.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

If he vacillates on a strong response and things get worse, he's toast imo.

It appears he will either win or lose the election on this issue alone.

The scary thing is that it pushes our economic issues off the front page again.

The near future is not for the feint of heart. Strap on your seat-belts, everyone. We're gonna need all of the luck we can get.

I think we are starting to see the tip of the terrorist iceberg here, in the U.S..

What is happening all over the Mid-East, is giving the green light to every hatred filled solo terrorist in our own front yard. Today alone, we are seeing multiple reports of bomb threats called into Universities, and now a breaking story of a bomb threat in KC. Tip of the iceberg folks....

The more POTUS turns a blind eye to what is happening, and how fast it is escalating....the less of a chance he has to win this election. No matter how many fund raisers he attends, or how many jet setters he pals around with.

jmoho....Des

Des

edit on 14-9-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Well I did a search and I cannot find any confirmed report that this event occurred last night. Most all say "some date in the future".

You might be on to something......

keep checking.

this could be a way to alarm voters !!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Please tell us what you want him to do beside what he is doing now.

Here is a guy who has the most modern technology and gadgets in the world to communicate from wherever he is in the world, and you complain despite not knowing what Obama is doing behind the scene.

Doesn't matter how many *gadgets* he has. It's not the same for me, an American citizen, knowing he's at the White House with his finger on the out-of-control world political pulse, and holding press conferences to reassure me, and the rest of America, that he is indeed, tuned into what is going on. One would think of all situations that may apply...now is the time for his to step up, and live up to his title of, Commander and Chief.

Des

edit on 14-9-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yep, the entire worlds burning and here we sit arguing over which brand of fire extinguisher will put it out, dem or rep, and guess what both will be useless.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join