It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Behaviour Modification of America

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by muzzleflash
There is even a smaller microcosm.

From my own point of view, I find myself apologizing to Americans for exercising my freedoms.
Hell I haven't got a chance to apologize to many non-Americans yet.

And yes, I feel like I am being "conditioned" into "getting used to" freedom being a "bad thing".
Which it isn't.

This isn't anything new to us today though.
There is historical precedent and it's as old as civilization itself.

How so?

How so which part?

How do I apologize?
How do I feel I am being conditioned?
How is it a historical precedent and could I articulate?

Narrow this down for me a bit please.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Clinton's statements on the day's events, released through the State Department's website and Twitter feed, condemn "in the strongest possible terms" an attack on the U.S. consulate in Libya in Benghazi that left one American dead, but offer no condemnation of the attack on the U.S. embassy in Cairo.

Instead, Clinton reiterates an apology issued earlier today by the U.S. Embassy in Cairo--now deleted--which said: "We condemn the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims."

"The U.S. deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others," Clinton said. "Our commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation," she added.

www.breitbart.com...

This is the apology I meant.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I gotta go for a few hours I'll be back later so don't hold your breath.
I'll respond when I can...I see you hadn't yet so I'll catch you in a bit.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

How so which part?

How do I apologize?
How do I feel I am being conditioned?
How is it a historical precedent and could I articulate?

Narrow this down for me a bit please.

Apologies.

How is it a historical precedent, and could you articulate?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by beezzer

I will concede, to a degree, that a culture of fearing Islam ( or maybe Crusader guilt ) does come into play. But it's a hard road to walk. For every radical Islamic imam I can source, I can also find a nut job evangelical, here in the US, most with unfathomably large TV viewing audiences, who are just as actively campaigning for the "second coming" and the "end times". The difference really is that the Islamic rhetoric ( as seen in the West at least ) tends to be portrayed as wholly anti Judeo-Christian. In fact it's not. In India, Pakistan, and the Asian nations the attacks are also upon Buddhists, Hindu's, Taoists, etc.

Christian zealotry is really no different, just less earthy. Our zealots just want the entire world to die so that Jesus can resurrect his chosen. But our extremists figure God will do the killing. The Muslims feel it's their job to do it.

Extremism in all forms is bad.

~Heff

The difference I see is this.

In a middle east country they may burn our flag/bible/effigy.
Who cares.

In America, we burn a Koran/make a video and THEY act, and then we react to their actions.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Oh ok.
I got just a sec so I'll say a few things.

It's just basic divide and conquer by restricting and manipulating the flow of information.

The brain operates like a computer, it 'executes it's programming'. By being programmed with mostly false information-poor data, we are led into making irrational decisions-choices.

It is a well known construct that within human civilizations historically that the ruler class would control information thus control the actions and flow of the population.

I will be back shortly, really gotta go now.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Here is a link to The 33 strategies of war. And yes, it's that number 33 again.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Folks, I too have to wrap things up for a while (getting late here).

Will be back later.

Thanks for the participation.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beez... if you want to run to Barnes and Noble and pick up a Koran to burn, I promise ya I won't say a harsh word about it!

Just don't hire sketchy film makers to make a film about it though! OK?

~Heff

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That's what she said in the video I posted.

I still don't see how that's an apology.

I do see it as an untruth, though, because America is an intolerant country, but we just keep it to ourselves.

Our bigotry comes along the lines of:

Political (such as but not limited to liberal versus conservative)
Gender (male versus female)
Ethnicity (minority versus majority)
Religious (religious versus religious and religious versus non religious)/.

America is not a tolerant country, and there are many many many MANY many many examples of it.

America is full of intolerance, bigotry and racism.

But that still doesn't mean we are responsible for that video. We just have a thing for conformity and being right.

And we do things like meddle in other countries so they can be sympathetic to us and install our own puppets so the wealthy elite can get richer and richer and richer while the poor get poorer and poorer and poorer.

That's what America is all about. It is not about tolerance and understanding.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

There has to be a point where a line is crossed though. In schools the verbal bullying is also a right to freedom of speech but it is used to suppress others to gain power for oneself. If it works good in school than these kids turn into big bullies in religions and in society. They are the ones who get control of the power in our country and they think it is best that the most ruthless run things. Now there are some that don't turn out that way but the more cunning ones do. A person can also be a bully with morals and protect the meek. They usually are targeted by those higher in society for destruction. Can't have any real Robinhoods around you know, Robinhood is only a fantasy.

I'm not saying that I am against freedom of speech, I'm against abusers of the right. I am a firm believer in the right to bear arms also but I am also against those who abuse the right and frighten others.
edit on 14-9-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Also that paragraph was taken out of context of the entire video.

Before she says that, in the video she says that America is not responsible for that video.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

America has the responsibility of controling their citizens as applied to the world. Our freedom of speech is valid here in the USA. If an American goes outside this country and starts mouthing off, he has no protection from the USA. While he is in this country he is the responsibility of the USA. If charges of slander are brought upon the filmmaker and Libya or even Greece sends extradition papers, our government has to address the issue because our freedom of speech applies only to the release of information in this country. I see a shutdown of the internet internationally brewing in the future. What a shame, lot of my research of natural medicines and the effects of foods on the brain and body comes out of Europe

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

In a middle east country they may burn our flag/bible/effigy.
Who cares.

Who cares? Did you pay any attention at all the day that happened? Do you really think the news corporations are going to miss a chance to up their ratings or stir the people of America? They get money for people watching their channel, you know. People watching their shows.

There's a benefit to upsetting people, sadly. And a burning American flag is prime rib to the people who benefit from it.
edit on 14-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Mr. Beezer, I do indeed share some of your concerns. Burn the Quran, people are killed; draw a pict of the prophet, people are killed; make a vid, people are killed. It's gotten to be quite tiresome, and one can't help but wonder if and where the line will be drawn, and when the tolerance from the rest of world will wear thin.

Like yelling "fire" in a theater, is the person who menacingly yelled "fire", responsible when people panic and are trampled? Or are the people who panic and trample others responsible for their own fearful behaviors?

Is the film maker responsible for inciting riots? Or are the murderers responsible for their own behavior?

Is there a knee jerk reaction among middle easterners to go into a violent frenzy when they disapprove of something? How much should we tolerate and where will it lead?

We don't want to incite riots; but neither do we want to be the puppets of killers.

Obviously they love their prophet, but I don't think they truly realize how much we value our freedom of speech.

They've picked a hard core value to take issue with, but perhaps we will be intimidated into accepting consequences for our freedoms, because freedom is not popular or valued in some areas of the world.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

When is America going to be to afraid to express themselves for fear of retaliation?

It happens on this site all the time. Some people feel compelled to provide a disclaimer before their opinion. They say something like..." i have nothing against Arabs, but...."

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Again...these people do not think like us...you have to respect that. All must!! It's not ok to run around and just say whatever pops out of your mouth. If you don't agree or believe what others do...it doesn't matter...respect them and shut-up about it unless its under the proper venue!

The above quote is from another poster in another thread. It is a perfect example of what I am talking about. The behaviour modification of a nation is working.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ
reply to post by beezzer

When is America going to be to afraid to express themselves for fear of retaliation?

It happens on this site all the time. Some people feel compelled to provide a disclaimer before their opinion. They say something like..." i have nothing against Arabs, but...."

Yet even with the disclaimer, people still voice their opinions. It's when they no longer speak, when they are afraid to speak, is what is at issue here.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

I'm not saying that I am against freedom of speech, I'm against abusers of the right. I am a firm believer in the right to bear arms also but I am also against those who abuse the right and frighten others.
edit on 14-9-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

When is it abuse?
When is it suppression?

Thse are fine lines that I think are being crossed now.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by beezzer

Beez... if you want to run to Barnes and Noble and pick up a Koran to burn, I promise ya I won't say a harsh word about it!

Just don't hire sketchy film makers to make a film about it though! OK?

~Heff

Why not? If I want to express my opinion in that manner, why shouldn't I be allowed to?

If we limit our own freedoms based on the opinions and reactions of anyone else, we diminish ourselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join