It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were Todays Bomb Threats Dry Runs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I wanted to get my thoughts on todays events out and see what others think.

As we all know, University of Texas at Austin, and North Dakota State University in Fargo were both evacuated today due to bomb threats. I cannot speak for what has been going on in Texas the last week or so, but I can speak of North Dakota.

I live in North Dakota, and so far this past week we have had bomb threats at the Hector International Airport in Fargo, and Grand Forks International Airport in Grand Forks. Add to the that the bomb threat at NDSU today, and North Dakota is suddenly becoming a place where we may no longer to be able to consider ourselves a place where a person can go and never have to worry about the violence of terrorism like other parts of the world.

One thing struck me odd today. Texas and North Dakota are the two highest oil producing states in the country, and today both states were threatened today by a bomb threat at major universities.

Now if this was a dry run, what was learned?

The most important information learned would be what type of emergency response would be initiated. This threat would allow people to determine how long it took to have police on scene, where they parked and set up check points, how many police units were on scene, also how long it took to evacuate the university. This is all important information.

At NDSU, the evacuation was of 20,000 people, and it was done very swiftly and for that I commend the students, staff, and law enforcement for being able to do that.

What do you think folks? Was this a dry run, or just a strange coincidence?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Most likely another CIA/gov. related "terrorist event". I know that there are some actual terrorists not connected to rouge goverment groups, but they are few and far between.

You pointed out the oil production of these states, and they also have large populations of armed citizens. More reason to want control.

Then there is the old "bomb threat to get out of a test" scam. My high school (Pensacola High in FL.) had two years worth of non stop bomb threats. But nothing ever happened. This was pre 9/11 so it never made national news. I'm just glad it was the years after I graduated 1996-1997. Those kids missed alot of learning.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Thought about the same thing, almost like the threats were more symbolic.

If you look at both mascots of the schools both are horned animals,
North Dakota State:Thunder, a bison, horns are dominant feature.
University of Texas: Bevo, steer horns are an iconic symbol of the college elite.
"Bevo XIV attended George W. Bush's second inauguration in January 2005." wiki

I know the hornes can be linked to satanic symbolism.
I know there are more horned mascots out there so why there would be link to NDSU with UT.

Just a crazy hunch.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I think it is a just a small part of an ongoing effort of anti-Americans attempting to bring down the country. I think they are succeeding too. How much does it cost the taxpayers every time this type of incident happens? Roll out every police unit in the area, SWAT, K9, bomb squad etc. and of course it is going to cost $$$. All it takes is a simple phone call. Terrorism fears have not only helped erode American social liberties, but it has cost the taxpayer to develop agencies like DHS and stock them with massive amounts of supplies/weapons and give them overreaching powers.

The police department in my city claimed it cost taxpayers $26,000 just for the one night it took to evict the (maybe 2 dozen) Occupy protesters from the city park! Imagine what these bomb threats will cost in Texas and North Dakota.

I couldn't even hazard a guess as to what federal, state and local law enforcement agencies have spent above and beyond pre-9/11 levels.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'll get back to you late tonight....The day is far from over and a report I just read elsewhere states Explosives have been detected outside a Federal Building in Kansas City. Maybe nothing...Maybe detecting the fertilizer in the the grass just done or something....but actual detection hits now have my full attention.

The day isn't over yet.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

Im waiting for Obamas press conference. When they ask him whos responsible, hell reply "Its Bush's fault"

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It's a possibility, but most likely they are just scare attempts. They can't have real bombs, otherwise the government would get caught red handed in five minutes. By having a bomb threat there is few if any facts to dispute their claim. Kind of like anthrax after 9/11, a minor scare following the big scare.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

I know in England we used to get ira bomb threats all the time some was hoax but some would have been from the real ira but no bomb , you still get the fear factor even if it is hoax ,

But i can not help think maybe there is a little bit more going on in America ,

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I like what one poster said about the kind of data they would be able to get from the threat. Proper planning is key if you are planning on bombing something, especially this kind of info. It makes planning the escape route simple.

And, just to be clear, when I say 'they' I mean TPTB, same folks responsible for 9/11, not the ''terrorists''.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Wouldn't think they are any kind of dry runs.

There is a lot of people who are very upset at this 'offensive' film. The reaction has been sad to see. This the only way some people know how to respond to insults.

The threats are simply to cause as much public disturbance as possible. I reckon there will be lots more over the next few days.

Hopefully nothing more will come of it.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It appears to be the case because a lot of stories with bomb threats but obviously nothing coming to matter.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I don't see dry run here.

What I do suspect is propaganda and conditioning. Given the events of the last few months ( and this week especially ) I'd suspect a culling of opinion for support of another military action in the Middle East.

Frightened citizens are much more apt to support war than comfortable ones.

False flags fly.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Or... is it just conditioning to get us to accept a war in Iran and/or other mid east countries.

I love you, people of Iran.

We know that you are not represented by your goverment any more than we are.

new topics

top topics

join