It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dalai Lama Declares Religion "No Longer Adequate". Beginning Of A One World Religion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Check the article here -

io9.com...

Apparently, the Dalai Lama, who I have never trusted as being wise, loving and sincere, came out with a Facebook post (WTF?) declaring that religion is, in his words, no longer adequate...

All the world's major religions, with their emphasis on love, compassion, patience, tolerance, and forgiveness can and do promote inner values. But the reality of the world today is that grounding ethics in religion is no longer adequate. This is why I am increasingly convinced that the time has come to find a way of thinking about spirituality and ethics beyond religion altogether.

I add this piece to the larger "conspiracy" puzzle.

- the US is heading for a complete crash and most likely a marshal law scenario
- WWIII becomes a little more real every day
- the Trans-America partnership (US/CAN/MEXICO) talks have swung into full gear again
- the Euro crash has happened, they are just waiting to unleash the "solution

and what is the solution?

One World Currency
One World Government

and yes, One World Religion. Given to us in some fake one love packaging that will be pushed by the Dalai Lama, Oprah and whoever else they can get to hock it.

What do you think?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Why cant people just believe in a God and leave it at that. Why do they need a man made controlling 'religion' that governs their every day life and generally annoys the rest of us by trying to tell us how we should be running our lives as well.

IMO if you want to believe in a God thats fine, good for you, i hope it brings you happiness but all religion should be banned!

edit on 14-9-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrdwzrd
What do you think?

From your source -
More from the Dalai Lama -

The moment we admit that questions of right and wrong, and good and evil, are actually questions about human and animal well-being, we see that science can, in principle, answer such questions. Human experience depends on everything that can influence states of the human brain, ranging from changes in our genome to changes in the global economy. The relevant details of genetics, neurobiology, psychology, sociology, economics etc. are fantastically complicated, but these are domains of facts, and they fall squarely within the purview of science.

I don't think he's looking for a One World Religion.
In fact, I think he's looking for NO religion.
Either that, or the 'religion' of science.

His statement here says that EVERYTHING about right and wrong and good and evil can be answered on the animal level with science. He completely casts off the metaphysical. Looks to me like he has lost his faith. (or he tossed it out for something that he thinks is better/more accurate)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Seems like the puzzle is just piecing together now, eh? Personally, for the longest time I though the NWO thing was garbage, but boy as time progresses we just keep getting closer and closer to it. 2012 sure has been a rocky ride so far.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

The Dalai Lama is essentially saying that we must move away from traditional religion, organized religion.

He's correct. Personal religion is what should be encouraged and although there is nothing wrong with like minded peopel coming together to express their beliefs and enjoy each other's company; We should encourage people to treat religion like sex.

Keep it in your bedroom.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
He's on board for anything that makes him having slaves again ok

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by wrdwzrd

The Dalai Lama is essentially saying that we must move away from traditional religion, organized religion.

He's correct. Personal religion is what should be encouraged and although there is nothing wrong with like minded peopel coming together to express their beliefs and enjoy each other's company; We should encourage people to treat religion like sex.

Keep it in your bedroom.

~Tenth

I agree with this message 1000%.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
arguably the dalai llama is not religious anyway, sure, he is a "spiritual leader", but strictly speaking buddhism is a belief system and not a religion - thats my take on it anyway, so no
sound to me like he's trying to be thought provoking...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I thought 'The Book' implied it would be the Pope betraying Faith itself to move to a One World version of religion, or non-religion, as it were... Interesting how events actually turn out to happen.....and how things are seeming to follow the script close enough to be perfectly recognizable at this point.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this.

I think that many people might disagree with me when it comes to my interpretation of the word 'Religion'.
The way you life your life, including everything you experience... is Religion. Simple as that.
There is no room for deities or traditions unless they are personal and stem from your own head.

I must add this quote which I think might put things in perspective:

Religion is the frozen thought of man out of which they build temples. -Jiddu Krishnamurti

Quite true isn't it? Maybe the Dalai Lama statement is a positive thing? To me, it seems like a step forwards in rejoining much division in our human society.
edit on 14-9-2012 by adrift because: clarity

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
God would agree.

Sadly we will find something else to fight about.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
And as usual he hits the nail on the head.

We don't need religion anymore. We need ethics.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Revelation 22:9
In regards to worshiping him, Jesus said,

But he said, "No, don't worship me. I am a servant of God, just like you and your brothers the prophets, as well as all who obey what is written in this book. Worship only God!"

It is the 'worship' of a prophet or of set of teachings that create religion.
Religion is unnecessary and gets in the way of personal relationships with God.

No one is going to be able to 'force you' to believe in a 'One World Religion' anyway. Are you really worried about this?
Are you worried that people are going to start 'worshiping' Love? (Because that actually sounds great!)

You are free. You are free. You are free. To do, act or be(lieve) anything you wish. Alright?
So don't worry about it.

And you know what? In my opinion...there is One Truth. There are a million ways to get there. But there is still One Truth.
edit on 14-9-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This is extremely wise. Philosophers have been saying basically the same thing for ages. What he is implying, in part, is a desire for people to return to the self. To seek spirituality through the self first and foremost. This is also wise because he obviously realizes that with all of the conflicting religions all over the world, they cannot all be right. He doesn't want people basing their search for ethics and love on a bunch of dogmatic garbage that may or may not be true.

There are many good reasons for abandoning standard religious practices for those who truly seek to better themselves and humanity in general. BUT, for those who only utilize religion as a social practice, or for other reasons that are not in line with bettering themselves and other people, religion could remain in place. I found out long ago that, besides the problems in religious texts, all religions have a way of holding people back with their teachings. This is true of just about all religions on the face of the earth because if you are being taught a certain way to do something, and that way is not correct, you will never reach the point of being able to do that thing. People can't reach an enlightened spiritual state, mainly because they are being bombarded with too much crap.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

I agree with the Dalai Lama on this one. Religion is antiquated and unnecessary. It is obvious there can and is only one god. That god is rooted in peace, acceptance of others, and charity/love. When religions around the world are controlled by men these values are lost, and those leaders move forward with their own agendas. I am not afraid of a one world religion, providing it is not a religion, but a way of living reflected by the person who practices and aspires to those principles. It does not matter to me who anyone else calls god, so long as I know those people are honest, loving, compassionate souls that seek self introspection and forgiveness. Until we as a society engender these principles, we will not move past our present predicament of wars and hate.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
its the simple recognition that religion has fallen to the power of the State.

Totally subdued and contained...having meaning only on the individual level and no practical value as an institution that it has been for a time.

a one world religion will be inadequate. i care as much for your beliefs as you care for mine...and neither of us has the power to impose ourselves upon the other.

religion is dying right in front of your eyes.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Very wise post. Jesus on multiple occasions said that he was the son of god, not god. But that only through following him would we get to heaven and closer to god. He was setting an example of how to live that we should emulate. We are indeed free...the only sin that exists is in our perception of sin. Obviously, killing people, stealing and cheating is bad, but it is more bad for you as a person to do that as it destroys your connection with god.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I agree with most everyone's replies, I feel the same way, I think organized religion has run its course and is definitely dying on the vine. (I am not a part of any organized religion btw)

People are looking for something else and as I am a student of the ancient mysteries I believe in a central source of God, or the Divine Energy of All That Is, as it is sometimes referred. So I can see how this basic message is being construed as a positive one, most people would agree with this statement at face value, I would too.

My fear is that this statement runs the same course as the basic Problem>Reaction>Solution as government and economic ones do. Most people are turning away from organized religion but humans need something to fill this void. "Spirituality" will be sold as the new religion, almost a non-religion.

If the real basic tenets of the ancient teachings were to be employed I would be happy but we know they will subvert it for control and domination like they always do.

I do believe that we are all ONE but that teaching can become toxic quickly to the uncritical mind and once fed to the sheeple it becomes a harmful tool in the wrong hands.

This is my fear when I see people like the DL make these statements. He is a government tool and these statements are propaganda. I also think it is wrong to label him a "spiritual" leader, he is Buddhist and while I agree with many Buddhist principles, it is filled with racism, classism and sexism and often comes from a place of "do what I say not what I do"

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Wow....how freaky!

I swear, I just had this conversation with my wife 2 nights ago. And voila, it appears here on ATS!

My premise is that there was an interpretation error during the ages that the concept of God was passed down. I feel that the concept that "God is the creator" may originally have been, "Everything around you is God."

top topics

join