It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Texas and North Dakota State Closed due to Terrorist Threats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Here it comes .... either real terrorist activity OR nutters who want to stretch our first responders to their limits. I hope this isn't the start of a pattern. Attacking schools .. or threatening to attack schools ... a parents worst fear.

U Texas and N. Dakota State - Evacuations and Bomb Threats

. Thousands of people streamed off the University of Texas campus Friday after a phoned-in bomb threat prompted an evacuation of all buildings and officials warned students and faculty to "get as far away as possible." No bombs had been found by midmorning.

The university received a call about 8:35 a.m. from a man claiming to be with al-Qaida who said he had placed bombs all over the 50,000-student Austin campus, according to University of Texas spokeswoman Rhonda Weldon. He claimed the bombs would go off in 90 minutes and all buildings were evacuated at 9:50 a.m. as a precaution, Weldon said.

North Dakota State University in Fargo, N.D., also ordered a campus evacuation after a morning bomb threat, but it was unclear whether the two threats were related. NDSU issued a statement shortly before 10 a.m. telling all employees and students to leave 14,000-student campus within a half-hour [/ex[

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It's only a matter of time and our streets will look like those in Egypt and in other countries look today.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This is where I'm at w/ this...

I don't trust Washington....so whose really behind this crap? The bad guys in the WH or some terro group which we know isn't al q....(?)

Is this another reason to take our freedoms away?

Is this an attempt to get us to spy on each other? Not trust each other?

We've been lied to again and again...it's one big mind FU*K for tptb.....

It's getting to the point where they're going to make us so paranoid that we won't know who to trust...o wait

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
It's only a matter of time and our streets will look like those in Egypt and in other countries look today.

I agree with that, Stormdancer. The bump that the feds gave the market is just a bandaid on a sucking chest wound. And Obama's foreign policy of 'appeasement and apology' has just melted down (as many of us knew it would). When the collapse comes ... and it will come .... America in the near future may indeed look much like Egypt does today.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Did al Qaeda phone in before the 9/11 attacks to give us a warning? I knew a guy who made a bomb threat when he didn't want to take a test, and my guess is that this is something along similar lines. I don't know what the exact motives may be, but I'm pretty sure it's not an actual terrorist.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
These evacuations and running like scared rabbits for phone calls and empty threats gives the enemy...be it Al Qaeda, Hezbollah or just a punk kid with nothing better to do....all the satisfaction they were looking for without actually having to DO anything AT ALL. It's crazy. and it's stupid...and it makes us look like we're scared to death of our own shadow.

Not only that, but one of these may be real some day, and who is to say the criminal mind who would have pre-panned and had the benefit of anticipation of a known routine didn't plan a bomb where the evacuation was likely to concentrate people and not where they'd have just been fine, going through their day without interruption otherwise?

Bin Laden said before 9/11 and around the time of one of those Declarations of War America just blew off and ignored back then, that his ultimate goal was to break us. Not militarily, because even he knew that was utterly impossible. Not even in spirit, see above. No, I made a mental note at the time with sharpie markers because it seemed so outlandish a concept then........He was going to break the mighty United State's financially.

Well.... thousands of these damn threats later and each one costing 10's of thousands to Millions, depending on where and what departments respond, I gotta say the mission is almost accomplished.....and they never, to THIS date, had to bother with a real device or weapon of any kind in doing it. Terrorism Accomplished, indeed.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This is an emergency message from North Dakota State University.

NDSU campus police have reopened campus as of 1 p.m. Classes and full operation will resume at 2 p.m. Over the next hour, university police will be unlocking buildings. As always, students, faculty and staff may choose not to return if travel is a concern.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I hope, and am fairly certain that these are NOT actual foreign terrorist threats. I believe that, of course, they are terrorist warnings, since any action that causes fear is terrorism. I remember after 9/11, several such calls which emptied classes where I taught. Fortunately, none of them resulted in any real attack. However, there are always sick people that get some sort of sick excitement by forcing thousands of students and professors to leave their buildings.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Seems to me, after enough of these, they will start installing tsa scanners at schools for our "safety".

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower
Seems to me, after enough of these, they will start installing tsa scanners at schools for our "safety".

Yeah, almost as if that's been the whole point sometimes, eh? More gizmos...more billions spent...and so we can be sure those evil shadows don't somehow become real and drag us away in the middle of the night. They treat the public how parents treat very young children except that parents aren't out fortifying their house with multiple mortgages to pay for it...defending against the bogeyman being threatened.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Probably stupid kids looking for a reason to get some extra time out of school =P I remember being in high school right after the Columbine school shooting, and being dismissed from school 3 separate times because some of my fellow students used the fear and paranoia going around in our community in order to get a "vacation" by calling in vague threats. I don't believe there has ever been an attack against a school by foreign terrorists (in the USA, in recent memory, only thing I can think of is the horrible Russian school attack by Chechen rebels), but plenty of attacks on schools by our own citizens. Just more fear and paranoia being pumped into our heads. There's a much higher chance you will be killed by an American then a foreign terrorist, at least here in the USA. In this day and age, though, they have to take every threat as credible, no matter how improbable it would be.
edit on 14-9-2012 by Syyth007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
I hope, and am fairly certain that these are NOT actual foreign terrorist threats.

I agree. I just hope it doesn't give the terrorists ideas. Then again, being terrorists, they probably already have the soft targets like school kids already mapped out and targetted.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Bomb explosions on university campuses, how often does that happen in reality? There are calls, but isn't it mostly harassment?

It would not make any sense for a narco terrorist to do that, because that is where his market is.
It would not make sense for a hidden immigrant terrorist to do that, because he is probably sitting in class earning another degree under a fake name.
It would not make sense for a foreign nation to do that, would it? Did the threat come in through the performing arts department phone line? Why those three universities and not the other ones? Or did they all get threats and only a few made the news? Security betting games, each university for a politician, seeing how they respond according to a secret occult ritual? Hm, I wonder which candidate's name sounds like bomb threat?

There may be a chance that the teachers strike group leaders had something to do with it. Not the teachers, but those covert political engineering agents that make scenes for a living. Educational upheaval theme in the media.

This looks like a job for a politician's platform! To the podium! There are speeches to be made.
edit on 18-9-2012 by Sandalphon because: (no reason given)

top topics

join