It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama White House Press Secretary,"Protests not directed at the United States."

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Obama White House Press Secretary,"Protests not directed at the United States."

I wonder what Gambia did to set off the Islamic world............?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I just had to. . . . . .

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

www.chicagotribune.com...
Is it just me or has this white house had some of the worse press secretaries I can remember?

Like Clint said, and others have said, the Obama administration has been the biggest hoax every played on the American people,

edit on 013030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by beezzer

Is it just me or has this white house had some of the worse press secretaries I can remember?

Like Clint said, and others have said, the Obama administration has been the biggest hoax every played on the American people,

This White House, this adinistration is reacting.

Not acting.

They are responding in a way that'll make them look good or at least, not culpable. They are not leading. They are just reacting to others actions.

My humble opinion.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Great point...

I think that if Obummer would ACT like a real POTUS instead of reacting like a politician who is afraid of damaging his image during a reelection that half of his detractors wouldn't be so vocal. [He'd still have those detractors] but they wouldn't have as much ammo as he is giving them presently

My humbles...
edit on 14-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Not acting.

I'm not advocating anything.....simply making an observation!

edit on 14-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Hmmmm.... I am reminded of this guy:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by beezzer

Not acting.

Got a point there

Reagan didn't use Nato either or "lead from behind":.
edit on 14-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Carney: Protests not directed at the United States

YouTube:
"Carney: Protest Not Against U.S. Policy"

Totally Unbelievable !!!

The White House is in 100% chaos this week

Obama supporters.....

It's the 3am phone call ringing

Don't answer that, it might be bad news !!

Bueller.....

Bueller....

Bueller !!!!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I miss Baghdad Bob.

At least with him you knew where you stood....*

*Rolling on the floor laughing your @$$ off......

edit on 14-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
OBAMA FLASHBACK: The Day I'm Inaugurated Muslim Hostility Will Ease

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
One of the most important and VITAL thing a President of a nation is to NOT resort to knee jerk reactions to provocations.

For all the Clint Eastwood and John Wayne swaggers, their solutions only exists within the realms of fiction and Hollywood, to deprive you for a few moments of realty into fiction, earning big bucks in the process. Nothing wrong of course, its only capitalism at play.

But in the real world, PRAGMATISM comes into play. For all the accolade heaped upon the great president Reagan for his decisive actions against the beast Gaddafi's atrocity, did it STOP him and his atrocious acts upon humanity anyway? NONE. Terrorism never ended, it only got more adaptive and smart, with the birth of the suicide bomber that sought for no negotiations.

For the masses, the protests indeed ARE NOT directed at US, except the symbol of US where the filmmaker resides in. It is the MANIPULATORS whom had created and sought for this opportunity to wreck havoc upon US precious human lives and properties in their land, much against the will of the peaceful majority.

In truth, USA can just simply pack up and leave those countries alone, without any form of aid or trade. USA is a self sufficient country and can be happily be isolationist and deal with others who shares the same values as america, such as the TPP trade pact with asia.

But may Americans and President Obama have wisdom and compassion. For all the violence ranged in the muslim world, there were many others whom had fought back against extremism, mentally and physically, and even gave their lives, to protect americans and american property.

They did so not because of any gain, except the trust and belief in american and human right values and rule of law.

May we all NOT be manipulated, and not be played fully into the hands of those whom want us all to kill brother against brother......
edit on 14-9-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Not acting.

They are responding in a way that'll make them look good or at least, not culpable. They are not leading. They are just reacting to others actions.

My humble opinion.

I think they are...how did Obama put it - "leading from behind".

Maybe it was in reference to where his head is obviously located. Firmly in his 4th point of contact.

Imagine a military leader (of any rank let alone on par with the CinC ) stating - "we are leading from behind" in any forum in any context. I know that wouldn't fly at any level of the leadership courses from JROTC - to The War College.

I believe zero that the Press Secretary says - I wonder does he want to wash his mouth out after every conference or does he really buy into what they tell him?

Neither option paints him in a good light.

This is simple math and law of the jungle – project weakness and you will get aggression in return.

No one respects weakness and appeasement especially not people from the regions in question.

edit on 14/9/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14/9/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
ROUND UP: Islamists Worldwide Setting Countries on Fire

Islamists around the world are setting their countries on fire.

Tunisia: In Tunis, Islamist protesters jumped over the wall of the U.S. Embasy compound, broke windows and set fire to trees; police fired tear gas at the protestors in order to stop tem. % protestors were wounded. An American school has been set on fire.

Sudan: Gunfire was heard at the U.S. Embassy. The German Embassy in Khartoum was invaded; 5000 protestors had circled the embassy as well as a nearby British mission. When the Islamists forced their way into the German Embassy, policemen simply stood aside.

Lebanon: One person was killed and two wounded when security forces fired on protesters in the northern city of Tripoli and a KFC was burned.

Yemen: Marines have been sent to the U.S. Embassy to ward off attacks.

Jordan: In the capital, Amman, members of the Islamist demonstrated in front of the U.S. Embassy holding up flags reading "Only one God and Mohammed is his Prophet."

London: 200 protesters are burning USA and Israeli flags outside the US embassy in London.

India: In Chennai, Muslim protesters burn a U.S. flag outside the U.S. Consulate-general.

Egypt: The Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood actually called for a protest; protesters clashed with police in Cairo near the U.S. Embassy.

Jerusalem: A demonstration was held near Damascus Gate in Jerusalem's Old City.

Crowds were also forming in Malaysia, Bangladesh and Iraq.

Jay, Are we fully understanding the magnitude of all this ?

Obama...Are YOU fully aware yet ?

edit on Sep-14-2012 by xuenchen because:
:shk:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

A laders actons dictate what a policy should be.

Obama writes policy and then obeys the dictates.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
OBAMA FLASHBACK: The Day I'm Inaugurated Muslim Hostility Will Ease

www.breitbart.com...

Yep. They are so cozy they offered to build him a bon fire to keep warm by......

Oh wait..... Not a bon fire.....

Afghan protesters set fire to an effigy of U.S. president Barack Obama, as they shout anti-U.S. slogans during a demonstration in Jalalabad province September 14, 2012.

yahoo news

How does Jay Carney still have a job?? He's like the White House's freakin' weather man. Wrong most of the time, but still gets camera time. Sheesh.
edit on 14-9-2012 by OneisOne because: fix link...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

For all the Clint Eastwood and John Wayne swaggers, their solutions only exists within the realms of fiction and Hollywood, to deprive you for a few moments of realty into fiction

I can think of a few other big time swaggers in Hollywood though not of Clint or John Wayne fame, but decidedly more liberal, and they do way more violent and aggressive things on screen, ya know shooting people mercilously for money and such. At least Clint and Wayne are genuine American heroes with good hearts. The forays into fiction? Hollywood is great at that no matter the actor.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

They are only protests, which is normal. Which nation does not protest when it perceives its rights had been trampled upon? Even america has its protests one week or another over something.

What is abnormal is the scale of organisation and timing. WHO organised and planned for it is the critical issue we mankind must resolve before anything else.

Trade is the lifeblood of the world. No sane human can hope to survive without trade and the economic benefits it brings. It is only emotions when strung up that we see atrocities happen during protest.

This is not 1939 or arab states Nazi Germany, whom had swallowed nations whole, with Chamberlian appeasing such monstrosities by Hitler.

This is not Iraq, with Bagdad under heavy bombardment and invasion, with bagdad bob lying through his teeth, but only protests and the odd atrocity happening.

No need for fear mongering for political grandstanding.

As mentioned, let the RULE OF LAW take place, instead of emotions be the law, and find out theTRUE root and source of who really is behind this. It will benefit USA, the affected civilised nations and the world as well.

Let not the pain, suffering and lessons of a world war past be forgotten, replayed, or ASSUMING the situations are the same. World changes, people changes and the circumstances too changes. Fault find the circumstances, and the rest will be more easily fixed .
edit on 14-9-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Storming bunches of embassies and killing people are not normal protests. Why do certain people view violent protest as normal then turn around and ridicule the Tea Party, the most non-violent protesters since Gandhi. And what exactly has America done to Sudan? Yemen?
edit on 14-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
One of the most important and VITAL thing a President of a nation is to NOT resort to knee jerk reactions to provocations.

For all the Clint Eastwood and John Wayne swaggers, their solutions only exists within the realms of fiction and Hollywood, to deprive you for a few moments of realty into fiction, earning big bucks in the process. Nothing wrong of course, it’s only capitalism at play.

Change some words around and this is the perfect response....

Who owns this country....

BOOM!

Well, he (they) should have thought about having some form of protection for our diplomats then.

Said after we turn his "palace" into a pile of rubble.

The next one to take charge might take more care to protect our diplomats in the future...

Rinse and repeat as necessary.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join