It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel wins out...I must applaud the effort

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Link, please!

Plus, you're forgetting the grants and loans.

Even if what you say is 100% correct, a tiny country like Israel getting 1/5 of our entire foreign aid budget, when there are so many countries in the world, doesn't strike you as lopsided and wrong?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Dear FissionSurplus,

I'm really sorry that I forgot the link, that's below my ususal standards and you were very right to call me out on it.
Nicely done.

The link goes to a current Congressional Research Service report:
www.fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL33222.pdf (Heck, I just discovered that I don't know how to make that clickable. Cut and paste, maybe?)

Among other things it points out that Israel is scheduled in 2013 for $3,100 Million in military grants and $15 million in refugee assistance grants. That's the total. It gets no other grants. It does have loan guarantees, like Solyndra, but that only costs us if Israel goes bankrupt. They last used a loan guarantee in 2005.

As to how much Israel should get in relation to other countries, that's a debatable issue and has been for sometime. But in any event, I still maintain that we're only coughing up $10 a citizen each year.

With respect,
Charles1952
edit on 14-9-2012 by charles1952 because: Line spacing

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

“Heck, I just discovered that I don't know how to make that clickable. Cut and paste, maybe?”

here you go

U.S. Foreign Aid to Israel

www.fas.org...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

thank you very much.
this is what middle easterns say day and night that Zhionists(Israel leaders, their western and eastern freinds) are a threat for peace.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The U.S. has been funding terrorists more than Israel with weapons of all sorts and cash. The next war between the Arab nations and Israel won't go so well for Israel, especially if Egypt gets involved. I highly doubt were going to do anything against Israel, especially if Obama gets his 4th term and finishes ruining the U.S..

Israel just may very well go "poof!" into the night, because if they launch nukes at Iran, Russia and China will launch them at Israel, so if Israel does have a "Samson Plan" theyre going to have to spray and pray them at every enemy capitol and hope some of them hit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join