It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: University of Texas evacuates buildings after al-Qaida Bomb Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Breaking News: University of Texas evacuates buildings after al-Qaida Bomb Threat

All buildings at the University of Texas at Austin have been evacuated "due to threats on campus," according to an alert on the university's website Friday.

"Immediately evacuate ALL buildings and get as far away as possible. More information to come," a notice on the school's online emergency page and its Twitter feed said.

A man claiming to be with al-Qaida called in a bomb threat to the University of Texas at Austin, according to university. I’m hearing several stories right now. Some are reporting that numerous bomb threats were called in this morning. I also heard the caller described as having a “middle eastern accent.”

I live in the Dallas area so I will update as the story unfolds.

My first thought is that it's BS. If it were al-Qaida they would just blow it up rather than advertise....we'll see!!

edit on 14-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Don't Al normally blow the place up and then claim responsibility.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

My first though is that it's BS. If it were al-Qaida they would just blow it up rather than advertise....we'll see!!

I agree. al-quaida is probably just the first thing that came to the anonymous sources head.

Hopefully it's just someones idea of a sick joke and nothing more.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'm about 2 blocks away.
Here's the best local feed I think.
www.kxan.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

All buildings at the University of Texas at Austin have been evacuated "due to threats on campus," according to an alert on the university's website Friday.

"Immediately evacuate ALL buildings and get as far away as possible. More information to come," a notice on the school's online emergency page and its Twitter feed said.

A man claiming to be with al-Qaida called in a bomb threat to the University of Texas at Austin, according to university. I’m hearing several stories right now. Some are reporting that numerous bomb threats were called in this morning. I also heard the caller described as having a “middle eastern accent.”

I live in the Dallas area so I will update as the story unfolds.

My first though is that it's BS. If it were al-Qaida they would just blow it up rather than advertise....we'll see!!

edit on 14-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Of what possible use is the information about the callers accent?

He had a middle eastern accent?...sounds legit.

I'm calling "student with aproject due that needs more time"

I hope I'm right and it's not that other thing

edit on 14-9-2012 by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Of what possible use is the information about the callers accent?

He had a middle eastern accent?...sounds legit.

I'm calling "student with aproject due that needs more time"

I hope I'm right and it's not that other thing

A radio caller on WBAP 820 in Dallas said the caller had a ME accent and claimed to be al-Qaida. Terrorists usually wait until it blows and the dust clears before taking credit. Why take credit for what is essentially a harmless bomb scare at the moment?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
That's exactly right Seabag.
This reeks of Frat boys or
some ridiculous false flag.
I have a feeling this is just the beginning.
And the caller allegedly added;
'The bombs will go off around 10am.'
What terrorist school did he go to?
edit on 14-9-2012 by sealing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
yes,i agree. if a bomber (i try to refrain from using the word 'terrorist') was gonna blow something up.he wouldn't call it in first,he'd just do it!!! history shows this.
its either more propaganda to drum up war fever,or its a few university kids wanting to skip class!
the only time we really hear about an actual bomb threat is when someone finds a 'suspicious'
package in a mall or something!
having said all that,if a bomb does go off in u of t,i will be highly suspect of it.
america is notorious for 'false flag' operations.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Live stream link www.kxan.com...

One of the girls just got interviewed and she said there were little to no cops at first.

update- apparently still no cops there other than directing traffic.
edit on 14-9-2012 by scottromansky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
My friend lives a few miles from Texas and he first told me about. According to msn.com North Dakota State University also evacuated because of a bomb threat. They aren't sure if the two are related.

Link: usnews.nbcnews.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

UT Director of Communications Rhonda Weldon said the university got a call around 8:35 a.m. from a male with a Middle Eastern accent claiming to have placed bombs all over campus. He said he was with al-Qaida and that these bombs would go off in 90 minutes.

Threatening caller spurs UT evacuation

That seems to be the story so far.

I'm watching the live feed but there doesn't seem to be any audio?

edit on 14-9-2012 by BritofTexas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sealing

And the caller allegedly added;
'The bombs will go off around 10am.'
What terrorist school did he go to?

It’s a kinder, gentler form of terrorist who wants to give people time to escape!

Ya, I think that report of al-Qaida may have been elaboration on the part of the caller. It doesn’t fit their MO.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

This has false flag written all over it! Election is coming up so time to start up the fear mongering on the American Public once again!!!

FBI Warns of Violence in America

Seems they aren't wasting any time doing it either........

Also, makes me wonder what new forms of control this session of the boogey man attacking us is going to be ushered in by the control freaks...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Also, makes me wonder what new forms of control this session of the boogey man attacking us is going to be ushered in by the control freaks...

More support for stricter gun control??

Check THIS garbage out! They're already moving forward. I'm sure in the end this incident at UT will be blamed on right-wing extremists.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Seems very quiet behind the reporter!
How do I know that the clips of violence are not just old ones?....
I have a long time ago stopped believing news like that.
Until I see the reporter herself running in the middle of it, trying to talk to the camera, I do not believe it.

Not to sound like an idiot but it just looks so cliché.

This is a typical example.
Sorry for the link, could not find it on youtube.
reporter bending the truth....

edit on 14-9-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Well, the University has confirmed the “accent” and ties to al-Qaida.

UT Austin, a sprawling campus home to 50,000 students, received a phone call to its main number Friday morning from a man who claimed he was with Al Qaida.

"He spoke with a Middle Eastern accent and said there were bombs placed around campus," communications officer Rhonda Weldon told the Daily News.
link

I just heard on the radio that classes are resuming at UT and the threat is over!!

NOTHING TO SEE HERE, FOLKS!

MOVE ALONG!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Another bomb threat today. This time at LSU.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

new topics

top topics

join