It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threat prompts UT Austin to evacuate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

Thnx they did do a short piece just now on cnn.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

if he would have studied, he wouldn't have had to pull this prank to get out of the Friday test.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Why do you immediately think 'false flag' or a plot by CIA?

What happens when/if it does turn out to be some Radical Islamist Group??

What you going to say then??

I swear, the tin hatters of ATS....

....i used to run a 400 seat call center. At least 3 times a year a bomb threat was called in, usually by someone either wanting to get even for being fired, or someone who just wanted a reason to not come to work.

In high school, when this one kid had a test he would pull the fire alarms to postpone it (did it twice).

Occams razor and what not.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Considering their was a 'warning', that rules our al-Qaeda to me.

And the fact that someone called up specifically to say they were part of or affiliated with al-Qaeda, that is suspicious to me, as well. That reeks of someone trying to push culpability onto them.

So then I start considering other possibilities. If it is TRUE that there are bombs, and it is beginning to look as if it is not, then who would have the capability and opportunity to conduct such an operation?

The CIA and by proxy the government has a history of creating terrorism and blaming it on other people. Call it a 'false flag', call it blowback, call it whatever you want...

If you knew your history, you would know this.

And I do not wear a tinfoil hat, mine is made out of paper mache and I decorated it with sparkles and neon markers. Gotta be stylish in today's day and age.

EDIT: Considering the recent discord in the Middle East, it sounds to me as if someone is trying to take advantage of that situation here in the US. With all the pissed off people around the globe, I would not be surprised if al-Qaeda or any other radical Islamic group tried to pull a stunt here in the US. However, I think that those types of people are going for shock and awe, as much terror as possible (hence the term 'terrorist'), and possibly as many casualties and as much confusion as possible. That doesn't seem to be the case here.
edit on 14-9-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

I agree that this could just be a distraction. Something to pull all LEO towards one area in order to pull off a bigger event somewhere else in the city.

OR it could just be a prank pulled at 2 separate college campuses and the kid/person trying to get out of a test thought, "Well, I don't want any suspicion leading back to me... I know! I'll call in another bomb threat at another school and say I am from al-Qaeda!" Perfect plan.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

The IRA used to warn the UK Authorities ll the time.... so your notion of 'terrorists dont warn about bombs' is false!!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

There is a major difference between the IRA and your standard Islamic terrorist fighting 'the Great Satan' or the evil Western world.

The IRA, despite being terrorists, did have more respect for life than our radical Muslim brothers.

I even found an article addressing this specifically.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

"IRA terrorists cannot be compared with perpetrators of the World Trade Centre and Pentagon suicide attacks because they always give bomb warnings, a former Provisional IRA prisoner said yesterday."

You are pointing out the direct difference between the 2 terrorist organizations.

So your notion that all terrorist organizations are all alike is shortsighted and uninformed.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
So then what if this is the IRA posing as Al-Qaeda?

I would normally subscribe to the idea that these were pranks - but two different schools in two different states - as well as the fact that North Dakota has had ongoing bomb threats recently.

So...

It's not just a few disgruntled people.

The wiser here are not paying attention and the paranoid appear somewhat justified so far.

Consider all events and the magnitude and the frequency of the current events.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Most of you in this thread said baumb,terrerist and thret.
Guess who is on the watch list now.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
If this were something simple then I'd have no problem admitting it.

I usually let the facts lead me to a conclusion, not form a conclusion and try and fit the facts.

As stated, we have multiple schools all receiving bomb threats on the same day. A 'warning' that tried to insinuate al-Qaeda involvement. Previous bomb threats to nearby airports. And then you have the actions in the Middle East.

Being able to see the bigger picture and connect the dots is definitely a refined skill and it takes work. I'm not making assumptions, simply doing just that - connecting dots and trying to formulate a bigger picture based on what the evidence is telling me.

My mom was all ready to think this was some sort of crazy false flag to institute martial law this morning after reading the headlines. I had to calm her down, mostly because it was simply too soon to make such ridiculous assumptions. She thought the DHS buying bombs and ammo was connected, but there is no evidence of that. Mostly because they have not found any bombs! lol

Something is going on here, but I don't know what. If I were to make an assumption, it seems to be some sort of scare tactic. But it has already been mentioned that it may be a dry run. I have just created another thread talking about the fact that I believe a terrorist attack in the US is imminent, really. It has been far too long, our borders are still not secure, and the unrest in the ME is leading towards something. The embassy attack and murder of an ambassador will not be the worst of it.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I don't think there is such a thing it's all hollywood drama. We have no enemies just high elites making themselves comfortable while manipulating the beliefs and mindsets. After all they provide everyone with arms and then make us all racist against each other and inject doubts, Which is quite obvious by the posts. I believe it's another attack plan to or they are doing something close by these sites and need to draw the attaention elsewhere

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2

Hold on.... I just had to come back at you here because I never said 'ALL TERRORISTS ARE ALIKE' . Nowhere in my Post did I say that.... all I said was 'THE IRA USED TO WARN ABOUT THEIR BOMBS' which is a TRUE statement. What you said was a FALSE statement.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I think this is just some kid who is trying to take advantage of the perceived hysteria and possible anti-Islamism (despite my reservations that that is even a word, lol)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Nothing I said was false.

You were trying to say that someone was wrong for thinking it strange al-Qaeda would warn before a terrorist attack. They historically do not display that behavior. You used the IRA as an example, going across the spectrum and using another terrorist organization to prove your point. You weren't talking about all terrorists groups but you were painting with a broad stroke.

"so your notion of 'terrorists dont warn about bombs' is false!! " This statement should have been - "So the IRA used to warn about bombs, but I don't really know about other terrorists, such as al-Qaeda because I haven't found an example of this concerning them."

You were right that the IRA used to warn before striking. You were wrong to dismiss all terrorists based on the actions of one group. I was simply pointing that out.

No need for your ego to be bruised. Go look for an example of al-Qaeda or another Islamic group warning before blowing something up, that would be more relevant. I'll wait here.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I never dis-missed all Terrorist Groups!!

I simply said that the IRA used to warn about their attacks... I was countering the Idea in the OP about was said 'Terrorists dont warn of their Attacks'

There is a big difference between the two Terrorist groups, I know this.... what I dont understand is why you are trying to belittle me??

I know what I said and I know what the OP meant.

You wrote "So your notion that all terrorist organizations are all alike is shortsighted and uninformed"

This is the False Statement I was chatting about as I never said All Terrorists Organizations Were Alike

edit on 16-9-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I'm sorry if you were offended. This is the internet and you need to have thicker skin than it seems you do.

The point others were trying to make was that AL-QAEDA usually do not warn people before they attack, as they want as many casualties as possible. To me, it seemed as if you were trying to argue that point. Not with me, but with someone else.

That was my exact point really, that the IRA and al-Qaeda are different. I'm glad you understand that. I interjected and simply pointed out that although the IRA warned people before attacking, it isn't really relevant here.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Ok, all is good.

I just wanted to have my point I was putting across in a way that people could understand what I was saying.... I've posted many posts and sometimes people take what I say out of context which annoys me.

Anyways..... np.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Yeah, that annoys the hell out of me, too. It's hard sometimes over the internet to truly get your point across. Definitely no ill will directed towards you, I completely understand.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join