It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threat prompts UT Austin to evacuate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Threat prompts UT Austin to evacuate

www.chron.com

The University of Texas in Austin is evacuating all campus buildings Friday due to a bomb threat, a spokesman said.

"We received a bomb threat this morning from a man claiming to be part of al-Qaida," said spokesman Gary Susswein. "He was saying there was a bomb on campus. Out of an abundance of caution, we're evacuating all buildings, making sure all buildings are secure."

The call came about 8:30 a.m. to a main number at the campus visitor center, he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
To me this sounds like a prank but a bomb threat from some one claiming to be from Al-CIAda cannot be ignored.

Some blogs covering the story say that the man claimed that there are various bombs on campus. I cannot confirm these claims but the story is developing as we speak.

If this isn't a prank I wonder who his behind this and what their motive is. Could it be a false flag to be blamed on Iran, even though they are not usually associated with Al CIAda?

Or could this have to do with the recent anti Muslim propaganda film that was recently released?

Stay tuned for updates.

www.chron.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

North Dakota State University is being evacuated due to bomb threat as well. www.valleynewslive.com...

Two universities, both in the midwest........seems odd to me.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Here is an update from another mainstream source:

UT-Austin gets bomb threats, clears buildings

Update at 11:14 a.m. ET: KXAN-TV reports that the university's Director of Communications, Rhonda Weldon, says the university got a call around 8:35 a.m. local time from a male with a middle eastern accent claiming to have placed bombs all over campus.

The caller claimed to be from the Al-Qaeda terrorist organization and that the bombs would go off in 90 minutes, KXAN reports..

I think this may be a prank since Al CIAda normally don't call in advance to warn about their attacks, but if this is a real bomb, the cound down is on

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

Thanks for sharing!

Al-CIAda do like to coordinate multiple attacks so this threat may have some credence to it. I hope it's just a prank because if this is real this could lead to many possibilities that I'm not ready to speculate about yet.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I would suppose that this is to be expected as those who are naive and or willing to accept the fundamentalist view react to the media-spun hoopla of that ridiculous movie production which nearly any sane person can see was engineered to offend.

Or, it could be some lost feeble-minded student who feels his or her amusement is far more important than any disruption it may cause.

Then again it could be the continued effort to brainwash America into a 'fear' mindset which allows for a two-fold benefit; distraction from on-going repugnant governmental activities, and steering public opinion towards 'retaliation,' which political masterminds and robber barons desperately want us to embrace.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I live 70 miles north of NDSU, University of North Dakota is up here, it has the flight school and only medical school in the state, I have to leave for class in an hour. Not sure if I am going to be going.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
FOX reporting it's past the time the caller said the bombs would go off. They think it's a prank call, but waiting for buildings to be cleared.

Des

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Why do you immediately think 'false flag' or a plot by CIA?

What happens when/if it does turn out to be some Radical Islamist Group??

What you going to say then??

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I also know that NDSU has been in the news alot up here as some football students are being charged with petition fraud by the state. This could be something to do with that at least up here in North Dakota, who knows. www.inforum.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Why do you immediately think 'false flag' or a plot by CIA?

What happens when/if it does turn out to be some Radical Islamist Group??

What you going to say then??

Well if it is Al CIADa as the caller claimed, then it is a group that was created and funded by the United States which would then at least leave the remote possibility that this is some sort of agenda driven event.

It's simple really, it would be foolish not to consider various possibilities, and if you actually read the post you would see that I DID list various other possibilities so don't get offended because you don't like people considering obvious possibilities.

edit on 14-9-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Spoke with my inlaws in Fargo ND where North Dakota State is located, they are saying that no travel is advised in Fargo. A few days ago they had a bomb threat at the airport.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
To me this sounds like a prank but a bomb threat from some one claiming to be from Al-CIAda cannot be ignored.

Since when does Al-queda WARN you before blowing you up?

This part is obviously a fabrication ....

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven

I already addressed this...

I think this may be a prank since Al CIAda normally don't call in advance to warn about their attacks

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You could have read 2 posts down past the OP and seen it for yourself.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Or, if not a prank... When you have something like this, EVERY EMT, police, and firefighting unit will converge on UT. Wouldn't that leave another spot in Austin at risk? Like the state capitol, or such?

Just a thought. Part of my job is to think like the enemy... feints are very effective means of attacking a stronger foe on their home soil.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This could all be a dry run as well, to see how both states react to threats. Like I said earlier, we had multiple threats this week at the Fargo Airport, and Grand Forks Airport.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by OneEleven

I already addressed this...

I think this may be a prank since Al CIAda normally don't call in advance to warn about their attacks

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You could have read 2 posts down past the OP and seen it for yourself.

awww shucks ... I guess you're right ... Silly me ...

I should've given you a chance to correct yourself before i did it?

If it makes you feel better .... you told yourself so ....

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
there is nothing on news about any of this.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Its all over the news, local papers, national sites.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

With all due respect; there is a reason to doubt it was a 'true' threat.

In today's America, you cannot - I repeat - cannot "call-in" a bomb threat and not be found. The technology in place makes the notion of an anonymous phone call almost impossible... unless of course there's someone on the inside to purposefully ignore the location data that comes with the call...

If they were not monitoring this (imagine that, the government NOT monitoring calls) it would be a contradiction of the very reasons they have stripped our privacy and spent billions of our dollars on domestic intelligence technology (which I might add used to be considered unconstitutional.)

But let's say that the caller has some equally advance means of avoiding being located using a telecommunications device... what has more impact... a warning... or an explosion?

Terrorists don't warn. That defeats the shock of terror.
edit on 14-9-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join