It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor Bloomberg’s soda ban will cause New Yorkers to poison themselves with more aspartame

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Mayor Bloomberg’s soda ban will cause New Yorkers to poison themselves with more aspartame

Ah, the hilarity of the nanny state knows no bounds, it seems. Especially not in New York City, where Mayor Bloomberg oversaw a large-sized soda ban that just became law. The really hilarious part of the law? It does not apply to aspartame-laced “diet sodas” which, by any honest measure, are far more toxic to your health than regular sodas made with HFCS.
HFCS may cause diabetes and obesity, but aspartame causes neurological damage and early-onset Alzheimer’s. But that’s just what New York needs, it seems: A wave of crabby soda-drinking senior citizens who are half blind and can’t remember where their apartment building is located. (Or has that already happened?)

Don't you love how the FDA can just ignore countless studies and just push this poison on people? See we need a nanny state to control how many calories we drink, but it's okay to drink soda laced with aspartame. The kicker? The cops will come and shut down your lemonade stand... but Coke can put Coke Zero in your child's school lunch room. The Feds will shut you down for selling raw milk... but Pepsi Max is A-OK!

That the New York city health board actually thinks diet soda is healthier than regular soda is a sad, sad commentary on the state of nutritional ignorance in NYC

mmMYEP!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I don't understand why they are saying it is being banned because of all the sugar in these drinks. Heck, it isn't sugar that is killing these people, it is High Fructose Corn Syrup!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by herenow

Actually sugar is very harmful as well.

146 Reasons Why Sugar Is Ruining Your Health

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I just want to add that the idea of needing a politian to tell a grown person what he or she can drink is so unreal that I don't even have the words. Grown adults being talked down to like they're children asking for a cookie before dinner. This country really needs to screw it's head back on straight. What the hell is wrong with people that in America they let this happen?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Heck, as a business person, I would jack up the price of a "regular" large soda and offer free refills. I think people would wind up drinking more soda just so they could get the free refill. Ultimately, being worse, healthwise to the consumer but from a business perspective this makes sense. People are free to make their own decisions (at least about what they consume). They will find a way!

Amazing how fast our government can pass legislation on the goofiest things.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
ABSOLUTELY FREAKING RIDICULOUS! The State telling you how much soda you can drink? Whats next? The ban of fast food places? How can this even be possible?
Well, that just gives me one more reason not to ever visit New York.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The reason the human race is in such hot water already is because we refuse to allow the most innane, irrevocably stupid of our ranks to bring harm to themselves. We are the only species which doesn't allow one member's stupidity to be their undoing. Nope, we can't just let you be the *&$%tard you were born to be.

Let them eat their own faces for all I care.

Wanna die from diabetes? I certainly can't interfere with what one person would enjoy doing to themselves. Eat yourself crazy...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

I agree and I honestly think the nanny state is out of control.

Legalise stupidity.

new topics

top topics

join