It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

german and british embassies attacked

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Let all Western Embassies pull out with personnel and aid and let these people fend for themselves.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Originally posted by queenannie38
reply to post by ColCurious

I also do not think that freedom of speech is something we should defend when it is abused...i.e. as in shouting fire in a crowded theater that is not on fire. The reason is obvious. [...]
That isn't freedom of speech but abuse of that freedom. While it may not be illegal in so many words, it is still wrong. But that doesn't make the violence that erupted any less wrong...[...]
But I can't defend someone who uses that same freedom to incite attacks against other people.

And that's where we disagree.

We should absolutely defend our freedom of speech, EVEN when it's abused by ignorant idiots.
The content anyone chooses to express CAN NOT negate this fundamental constitutional right. EVER.

The way to cope with an insult is to #ing grow a pair and get over it.
That's what we teach minors in kindergarten, isn't it?
Is it really asking too much to expect the same level of maturity of those religious nuts who are running rampant in the middle east?

If we start to restrict our freedoms whenever someone feels offended, where do we draw the line?
edit on 15-9-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
If I badmouth the government of america bad enough do you not think I would get locked up in some federal jail or even killed covertly by the cia??????

And how did you get there?

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Freedom of speech? Does that include iran's right to call israel what it wants OR DOES IT ONLY INCLUDE THE RIGHT OF ISRAEL TO BADMOUTH IRAN?

That's not really a matter of freedom of speech, but yeah, both countries can go ahead and badmouth each other all day, as far as I'm concerned.

Ever heard this saying?
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."

J. Christopher Stevens' family has a reason to complain.
Anyone who feels his imaginary prophet was insulted on youtube does not.
edit on 15-9-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
the fck? what the hell do the germans and the british have to do with this movie. i mean #

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Okay so a holy war at the end of 2012,

Isn't that what all of us 'certain types' have been saying would happen for a few years now on ATS?

edit on 15-9-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MastaShake

Obviously, it's because all Western countries are under control of the Zionist regime of Israel, so all must be attacked in order to stop those Zionist pigs who are oppressing the entire world with their Zionist bankers and economic sanctions.

Zionist Jews rule the world, after all, and oppress everybody that isn't Zionist. So all Jews must be punished everywhere in the world until Israel is dissolved and a free, unoccupied Palestine rises in its place.

According to some bigots, both extremist Islamic and neo-Nazis, of course.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Why are only the anglo-saxons getting attacked?

has anyone read the poem "when the saxon began to hate" by Rudyard Kipling?

these events call such an idea to mind....

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patoote
Let all Western Embassies pull out with personnel and aid and let these people fend for themselves.

That's not really how Ambassadors for any Embassy in any African country would handle it.

Whoever organized this strategy on the Muslim side is pretty dumb. I guess they didn't think things through.

Ambassadors have "diplomatic immunity", they cannot be prosecuted for any crime that they might commit. Stop for a moment and think about it. Ambassadors in all the various countries in Africa, whether German, British, or US cannot be prosecuted for any crime that they might commit.

Do you really think that the Ambassadors themselves are going to just sit back and watch their neighboring Embassies be attacked and not retaliate? Do you think they'd actually wait for a politician in their own country to tell them what to do or how to handle it?

--OR--

Since Ambassadors can't be prosecuted for any crime that they might commit, true diplomatic immunity, do you think they'll retaliate on behalf of their neighboring Embassies being attacked?

What is human nature? If you held a job in the British, German, or US Embassies in any African country and you were watching the newsfeed about a bunch of Muslims attacking Embassies, claiming some tard You-Tube video as an excuse---and you know that you couldn't be prosecuted for any crime that you commit--- how would you retaliate? Would you sit with your tail between your legs as politicians in the UK, Germany and the US play talking political games? Or would you take a stab at protecting your Embassies through whatever means possible while your politicians play talking games, which talk doesn't secure any Embassy in any African country?

Who knows which Ambassador that can't be prosecuted for any crime might retaliate? It'd be a rather long list, when it's German, British and US Embassies under fire in at least 3 African countries so far. And if let's say, German, British or US Ambassadors in nearby African countries like Niger, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Tanzania, or any other African country's embassy do their own personal retaliation, there's nothing that the US, UK or Germany could do about it. They can't prosecute them for any crime that they might commit.

Dumb Muslim tactics: their strategy is attack German, British & US Embassies because they are angry about a You-Tube video. Could it be self-genocide? Maybe they should have done some historical research on what has happened to militias in the past in African countries when those militias attacked German, British and US Embassies.

hmmm.. when Ambassadors don't really have their own armies, what's their top means of retaliation against militias attacking Embassies in African countries?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious

But I can't defend someone who uses that same freedom to incite attacks against other people.

And that's where we disagree.

We should absolutely defend our freedom of speech, EVEN when it's abused by ignorant idiots.
The content anyone chooses to express CAN NOT negate this fundamental constitutional right. EVER.

The way to cope with an insult is to #ing grow a pair and get over it.
That's what we teach minors in kindergarten, isn't it?
Is it really asking too much to expect the same level of maturity of those religious nuts who are running rampant in the middle east?

If we start to restrict our freedoms whenever someone feels offended, where do we draw the line?

I don't think we disagree so much as I do not express myself as well as I'd like to. And I'm seeing more behind your initial reply as the discussion continues, helping me, hopefully, to clarify my own.

I do agree with you about 'where do we draw the line?' because the whole idea behind freedom of speech is that there is no line to draw.

I also feel maybe that if we could ask Chris Stevens if he had any second thoughts on what happened in regard to their perceived offense, and why he was there, himself...and freedom of speech...that he might very well say he considers himself to have died with his boots on....that's the way I see it. He was a brave man, from all reports, and dedicated, and surely was very aware of the situation and the risks. That doesn't mean I agree with the thread that states he 'got what he deserved.' That is taking it to an extreme, imo.

However, you said this to someone else in this thread:

J. Christopher Stevens' family has a reason to complain.
Anyone who feels his imaginary prophet was insulted on youtube does not.

EXACTLY.
And the point I am trying to express but to which effort I am not being effective, is maybe not solely based in our right to freely express ourselves.

To use that right to knowingly provoke others for one's own aims, either without consideration for, or worse even, being fully aware that, it is more than likely and even probable if not certain, that such an exercise will result in someone's death, seems to me to be bordering on ideas like 'reckless endangerment.'

It is selfish and childish and while those traits don't restrict anyone's right under the first amendment, they have, in this case, I think, infringed on other rights of other people...and now there are four families mourning a loss that might have been preventable...but not necessarily given the situation in the ME...without the mentality behind this person's exercising of their rights.

This might have happened regardless...but it might not have, too...the circumstances might have been such that these four would not have died. Or if they did, it would have been because of the expected potential conflict arising from actions broader than one person's ill-advised endeavor.

I can't justify the violent response...but I can't help but put some blame on the film-maker...not because he chose to exercise his first amendment rights but because of the reason for which he did so and the knowledge he had to have had regarding the consequences.

CX

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Protests here in the UK too now.....

Around 300 people have been protesting outside the US Embassy in London as demonstrations over an American-made anti-Islam film spread across Europe.

The crowd - many associated with the hardline Hizb ut-Tahrir group - shouted slogans and held placards saying, "America - get out of Muslim lands".

The gathering, mostly men but including some women and children, listened to speakers condemning the controversial film, US foreign policy and "oppression" of Muslims.

Hundreds In London Anti-Islam Film Protest

CX.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

To use that right to knowingly provoke others for one's own aims, either without consideration for, or worse even, being fully aware that, it is more than likely and even probable if not certain, that such an exercise will result in someone's death, seems to me to be bordering on ideas like 'reckless endangerment.

This is only true if you except as a premise beforehand that Muslims are "more than likely and even probable if not certain" to act like uncivilised, immature retards.

Again, I'm not endorsing the content of the video, but If this reaction in the ME was a given factor to be taken into consideration in interaction with religious nutjobs, then I don't think we (as the western world) should give a single # about it.

It is selfish and childish and while those traits don't restrict anyone's right under the first amendment, they have, in this case, I think, infringed on other rights of other people...[...]

How so? What and whose rights were infringed here?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

The crowd - many associated with the hardline Hizb ut-Tahrir group - shouted slogans and held placards saying, "America - get out of Muslim lands".

The mindset needed to even come up with this slogan is funny and at the same time scary. Muslims are trying to make all lands Muslim.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

Yup, I've been saying for years, that TPTB have been working double-time manipulating
everything directly towards a so-called Armageddon because they are ALL such
Fanatical Religious Nuts and their obsessive need to prove that the predictions of the
supposed written word of their own religions Deity, is the one and only Alpha and Omega.

My opinion of the Bush Regime and its move to war on Iraq, was all part of an attempt to possess Babylon.

"All gods are homemade, and it is we who pull their strings, and so, give them the power to pull ours.'
-Aldous Huxley-

"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion."
-Arthur C. Clarke-

"The more powerful and original a mind, the more it will incline towards the religion of solitude."
-Aldous Huxley-
edit on 17-9-2012 by azureskys because: added more

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join