It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

german and british embassies attacked

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by bellagirl

I wonder if the real goal is to take over our western civilization and everything we have built?

I think perhaps they just want the middle east back...thinking back to right before WWI...that ended the Ottoman empire and soon after, Israel popped up, instantly made...and the UK and the US sniffing after the oil...it almost seems like they just want to be left alone...and if we can't stand to leave them alone, they just want us to refrain from insulting their Prophet...it doesn't justify violence...

They aren't trying to take over America...just trying to keep America from taking over the Middle East.
And it seems we are doing the same kind of thing, only vice versa....
Yet often asking for help at the same time....and we always say yes.

It is a mess.

I have been thinking back...in history...trying to get at the root cause...so far it seems due to the fact that we are human beings.
Whatever that means.
edit on 9/14/2012 by queenannie38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
In a considered and proportionally insignificant response to these acts of terror, I am drawing a series of cartoons, depicting The Prophet Mohammad in a variety of different modern day roles. I've just done one of him as a Transgendered ladyboy, pole-dancing outside the Mosque. Another of him stood, ragged and filthy on a street corner, offering himself to passers by for crack money. And my favourite, as a poor, raped 13 year old Yemeni girl giving birth to her rapists baby in a jail cell, the day before they stone her to death for adultery.

I'm only doing them for my own amusement though. I'm not going to upload them or anything, because rather than lighten the mood somewhat (as they do for me), they might get taken the wrong way, by people with no sense of the satire, and actually inflame the situation. Still, it's quite gratifying from my end. It's how I manage to stay so optimistic in the face of such madness and horror.

By looking for any grain of humour, no matter how inappropriate, and lolling, lolling, lolling, with a laugh that will be written of in days to come, as "The Holy Chuckle".

And laughing as we go, we shall bestride the World like a Colossus of Divine Lulz, spilling our Healing Humour like an infection of Sacred Jollity over everyone, Moslem Christian, Discordian or Jew. Let him who has no joy in his heart be bathed in the panacea of our gentle scorn.

That's the plan, anyway. Anyone have a better one?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBeast

What about Jesus dressed up as a Catholic priest with 12 pre-pubescent boy disciples gathered round?
The details I will leave up to the imagination...

How about Jesus and the beloved disciple John petitioning on the White House lawn for same-sex marriage equality? Kissing on the lips and holding picket signs?

What else...let me think...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I'm only doing them for my own amusement though. I'm not going to upload them or anything

Send em to me, Ill upload them

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Ouch!! That hurt. I see the point that you're trying to put across but derogative comments and videos of a said Prophet doesn't give cause for said believers to go out and destroy property, hurt others who don't believe the same as them and kill.

When I read what you wrote I didn't want to do that .

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I say close all our embassies in the middle east, bring home all our personnel and troops, stop the foreign aid to these countries and lets start helping Americans here at home. All the other western countries should be following suit. These countries are nothing but timber boxes ready to explode. Let them reap their own violence, we don't need our sons and daughters to be sacrificed over extreme religious beliefs and be in the middle of secular violence.. It's time we start minding our own business and if countries are in the mist of a civil war, let them deal with it.

When will we all learn that we can't force our ideology and belief systems on other countries. It gives us nothing but heartache and pain to watch our innocent and brave soldiers die for dirty oil, corporate and government agendas.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I agree with the above! We should not have gotten involved in the Mid-East or the Balkans, wherever! I saw that film on youtube and could not stop laughing at how pathetic it was! ahahaha

These hominids who are burning those embassies prove the film right. Religion makes people go cuckooooo.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

this is getting ridiculous

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

WEll if noone else will star your post I will.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I bet Assad in Syria is happy to have the limelight taken off syria for now. Notice how Iran and syria seem to have controlled protest in regards to this silly movie. Me seems to think the muslim brotherhood are behind these firery protest.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

What about Jesus dressed up as a Catholic priest with 12 pre-pubescent boy disciples gathered round?
The details I will leave up to the imagination...

How about Jesus and the beloved disciple John petitioning on the White House lawn for same-sex marriage equality? Kissing on the lips and holding picket signs?

What else...let me think...

Jesus said you may speak against the Son of Man, but the one thing he would not forgive was to blaspheme (slander,scoff,ridicule) the Holy Spirit. So, i just ignore people when they make fun of Jesus. They wouldn't make fun of him or ridicule him or us if they knew what he did for them and all of us.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I am really crossing my fingers guys that this outrage doesn't spill over here inside the U.S. I think all us should keep our eyes wide open.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBeast
In a considered and proportionally insignificant response to these acts of terror, I am drawing a series of cartoons, depicting The Prophet Mohammad in a variety of different modern day roles. I've just done one of him as a Transgendered ladyboy, pole-dancing outside the Mosque. Another of him stood, ragged and filthy on a street corner, offering himself to passers by for crack money. And my favourite, as a poor, raped 13 year old Yemeni girl giving birth to her rapists baby in a jail cell, the day before they stone her to death for adultery.

I'm only doing them for my own amusement though. I'm not going to upload them or anything, because rather than lighten the mood somewhat (as they do for me), they might get taken the wrong way, by people with no sense of the satire, and actually inflame the situation. Still, it's quite gratifying from my end. It's how I manage to stay so optimistic in the face of such madness and horror.

By looking for any grain of humour, no matter how inappropriate, and lolling, lolling, lolling, with a laugh that will be written of in days to come, as "The Holy Chuckle".

And laughing as we go, we shall bestride the World like a Colossus of Divine Lulz, spilling our Healing Humour like an infection of Sacred Jollity over everyone, Moslem Christian, Discordian or Jew. Let him who has no joy in his heart be bathed in the panacea of our gentle scorn.

I'm sitting here reading your comment over and over and over AND I was hoping I read it wrong but I didn't. My question is WTF ARE YOU WRITING?

Please correct me if I am soooo wrong but why the hell would you draw cartoons like this knowing that this kind of stuff making people flip-the-hell-out and go on an rampage?

I bet you will tell me that, its your freedom of speech right?

Just by you saying this is why the world is itching and dying to pour more violence into the world because of your amusement right?

You wrote "my favourite, as a poor, raped 13 year old Yemeni girl giving birth to her rapists baby in a jail cell, the day before they stone her to death for adultery."

Its s#!* like that makes me sick to my stomach and throw up!!!! You really pissed me off!!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Happens here on a smaller scale and for a shallower cause every year. People being trampled to death on black Friday for a 3 dollar waffle iron.... Mob mentality knows no bounds. Most people behave like cattle.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I'm sorry, I have only known this jesus through a ridiculous fairytale.... What did he do for me again? What did he do for this world because from what I can see, his influence doesn't mean very much to anyone in todays world.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Well, here's what I have to say:

If it doesn't make sense, then it's probably not true.

Does it make any sense that these people all over the world, now, are attacking our embassies over a movie clip? No. Now our Embassy in Tunisia is on fire.

Please, people! Stop this bickering over religion and figure out what the LIE is! We are being fooled and we're playing right into the trap of "divide and conquer!"
edit on 14-9-2012 by angellicview because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
These 3rd world countries need us more than we need them,so if they can`t or won`t protect our embassies then we should all just pull our embassies out of their countries. It should then be made clear to all travelers that we don`t have embassies in these countries because they are dangerous and unstable countries so if you choose to travel to these countries you do so at your own risk.

This has nothing to do with being a 3rd world country, whether they need your help or not. The point is someone has insulted an entire religion and just because they take their religion seriously (Unlike godless yanks etc) you think they do not have a right to protest.. If they kill people because of something that was created in the USA, the people who created it should be held responsible for what they have done. But no doubt, Terry F**kwit Jones and the Jew will not be prosecuted and they will be scheming another way to insult an entire religion.. maybe they will depict Mohammed whislt burning Korans next time..

I agree with you though, yous should pack up your sh*t and get the hell out of there.. Obviously yous are not wanted there.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshRandall
Happens here on a smaller scale and for a shallower cause every year. People being trampled to death on black Friday for a 3 dollar waffle iron.... Mob mentality knows no bounds. Most people behave like cattle.

The difference is the people in the middle east are fighting for something they actually believe in.. Yous kill your own for a sale.. disgusting..

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
It's very uplifting to see so many people able to coordinate among themselves like this to overthrow powerful invaders. I wish we could do the same in this country someday. Maybe now we'll GTFO of their countries...but I'm sure we'll just go in harder now. They will then retaliate harder and be labeled terrorists or extremists for defending their sovereignty or family. Perpetual bloodshed, debt, and tragedy is all that's left. What a waste. This is certainly in someone's agenda tho.
And they're not Muslim.
edit on 14-9-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6

Originally posted by BadBeast

I'm sitting here reading your comment over and over and over AND I was hoping I read it wrong but I didn't. My question is WTF ARE YOU WRITING?

Please correct me if I am soooo wrong but why the hell would you draw cartoons like this knowing that this kind of stuff making people flip-the-hell-out and go on an rampage?

I bet you will tell me that, its your freedom of speech right?

If you actually read what I said, there's a bit saying that I was only drawing for my own amusement. I also stated that I had no intention of uploading and posting them online. Just how can my private scribblings make people "flip-the-hell-out and go on an rampage?" I'm not going to censor my own drawings, in my own home, just because some frothy fundamentalist, in a country far away might take offence. They're never going to see them!

And as for "freedom of speech", I'm British, and have no constitutional right to free speech.

Just by you saying this is why the world is itching and dying to pour more violence into the world because of your amusement right?
Actually, wrong. I'm not advocating any type of violence at all. My post describes my totally non-violent coping mechanism in response to the mindless violence of others. I haven't added to the sum violence of this debacle in any way whatsoever.

You wrote "my favourite, as a poor, raped 13 year old Yemeni girl giving birth to her rapists baby in a jail cell, the day before they stone her to death for adultery."

Its s#!* like that makes me sick to my stomach and throw up!!!! You really pissed me off!!

Are you suggesting that the above statement and the scenario it describes are somehow pleasing to me? That it doesn't make me sick to my stomach to know that this # goes on in real life? Because if you are, you've obviously got no sense of satire, and your choosing to take offence at my post is a reflection of your own issues, rather than of my intent. People are getting killed over pointless schadenfreude, yet you seem to be focusing on your own reaction to an imagined slight that you seem to think I've offered you.

I'm not the bad guy here, I didn't burn any Embassies or flags, rape any girls, or shoot any diplomats. I didn't call for any violence, or make any judgements. I didn't directly insult anybody. So, yanno, get over it, and focus on something real.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join