It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

german and british embassies attacked

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Those poor people in those Embassies who did nothing wrong! must be terrified.

... and yet we still see this statement over and over again ''it's only a small few extremists, the majority of muslims are just as disgusted as the rest of us and don't agree with the violence etc'

I'm sick to death of hearing that stupid statement and others like it!

Of course I know why it is said, and understand it's good intentions! but when I see different, i'd sooner not lie to myself anymore, no matter how comforting the lie is!

*sigh*

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

From what I've read, they aren't even sure if there was an actual 'full' movie. What was shown over there was just the trailer...the same 15 min or so that's on youtube.

Apparently, someone from the ME found it on youtube and then spread it around.
The full-movie, if it existed, was supposedly shown to a virtually empty theater in Cali, I think Hollywood but I can't recall off the top of my head right now...just once.

The maker of the film is probably not even an American but if so, has family ties in Egypt and is said to be an Arab Christian who has done prison time for bank fraud, I think it was. His name is not the same he gave to the reporter(s) he spoke to on the phone before disappearing from view.

He's not an 'Israeli Jew' either, as he said he was.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by chasingbrahman

Originally posted by Suspiria
And recently passing law banning Circumcision has got their knickers in a twist too apparently...

Your choice of words Suspiria...oh dear...

Sometimes I can't help meself...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Dear detachedindividual,

This may be off the direct flow of the thread, but something you said sparked a thought for me.

This is a very extreme minority of people acting with violence. But I still think it needs a clear response - pull out our people from each nation under safety. Make it clear that relations with each nation will be reviewed.
I'm bringing this up because I must be misunderstanding you and would like clarification.

It seems like you're saying that the response to the death of American diplomats, and the destruction of our embassies, should be to abandon our other embassies and to announce we'll think about whether we want to withdraw completely from their countries.

What do you think we'll gain from this approach, which sounds like the "run away if threatened" policy? Will we win respect and admiration? Will we have more ability to influence nations? I'm just wondering what the upside is.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I think it's more akin to the "If my help isn't needed here ... lots of luck gentlemen." attitude displayed by Mr. Wolf ...

edit on 9/14/2012 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by bellagirl

I wonder how many of these "protesters", actually saw the movie?

Probably none ... and those who did, I'd question their faith :-)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
My take on things. Why so much control? Control this , control that. I have been around the world. I have seen almost everything. Who the F# wants wimen running around in these burka's? Just another plore to control, only at a different level of understanding. TAKE THE VAIL OFF. GET TO KNOW THE PERSON. Why would someone want to cover gods creatures including man? It is within the mind, is what is the person. TO HIDE, i say let it all hang out, why hide. OH, I KNOW. It is what they always hide, to instill a brain set that of the material world of what is in and what is out. Embarrassed? WHY? These are the tools that were planted and all those other words like, PRIDE,LOOKS,MATERIAL BELONGINGS,HATE,FEAR,PROPAGANDA, AND SO ON. Things like: oh, i'm better than they are because i make alot of money, or i am better looking, so thus i am better than they are. THEY ALL EXCUSES TO HIDE THE PAIN AND SADNESS ONE HAS. If one recognizes these pains, then one can heal and overcome. 2012 PEACE AND ENLIGHTENMENT. thanks.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
These 3rd world countries need us more than we need them,so if they can`t or won`t protect our embassies then we should all just pull our embassies out of their countries. It should then be made clear to all travelers that we don`t have embassies in these countries because they are dangerous and unstable countries so if you choose to travel to these countries you do so at your own risk.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_

Its really pathetic isn't it. Throwing their toys out of the pram because things get a little uncomfortable for them. If they were on the true path, then no matter what anyone threw at them, they would shine above all others. Such a shame that they keep on exposing to the world just what they truly are. If they cannot handle other sides of the story being told, then it just shows how fragile their path is. Its not fair to shut out all sides, people need to make an informed decision regarding something as important as religion. If a religion cannot allow another side of a story, a challenge in any form to be presented, then it is obvious they are not the true religion.

The film 'trailer' that is allegedly sparking this unrest is NOT the same at all as the one linked to, by the poster you were replying to here, at all.

NOT AT ALL.

The offensive one is not some 'other side of the story' at all. It is a direct and concentrated attack on their Prophet and even if that weren't forbidden, it is offensive no matter who it might be about...and it is not true and it is gross exaggeration of suppositions and the rampant ignorance that prevails more and more in lieu of respecting the rights of another religion to exist...which would be easier to swallow if people educated themselves instead of repeating nonsensical rants and insults.

If it were about someone still alive, it would probably already be in the courts for slander and defamation of character.

Now...having said that, I am not defending the violence and aggression that has been blamed on that 15 minutes of crap...I am just saying there is no more reason to defend that terrible video than there is the violence now ensuing.

It is deliberately insulting and it isn't any more justifiable to insult someone than it is to react with violence to a perceived or real insult.

This is the textbook example of why TWO WRONGS do not make A RIGHT.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by chasingbrahman

I hope this isn't the tip of the iceberg.

This is the tip of the Iceberg ... and our governments here in the west, have been playing along their floot for the past 12 years (at least).

The entire "liberation" movements in the middle-east, have their core in "removing those leaders who agreed to the existance of Israel".

And you can imagine where it's going to go from there ... eventually. These "thugs" are jumping the gun ... and that should work as a warning.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Exactly. But that movie 'trailer' ignited what has been smoldering for a while...and it was deliberately and directly insulting to ALL Muslims...apparently by someone who is really Egyptian...an Arab Christian, allegedly...who intentionally gave false information that he was a dual citizen of both Israel and the US...that he was an "Israeli Jew" living in Hollywood...and if he is worried about family in Egypt, as is suggested, then he knew EXACTLY what result his actions would have.

It might have only been a matter of time until something ignited the tension...if it wasn't now, it would have been later...or sooner.

And now directed expressly toward Americans and Israelis and/or Jews....and anyone that looks like them, I guess....

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Are you kidding?
These two wrongs are nowhere near the same.
People died. That's hardly the same as some stupid movie clip.

Originally posted by queenannie38
It is a direct and concentrated attack on their Prophet and even if that weren't forbidden, it is offensive no matter who it might be about...[...]

It is not forbidden. Not even if it's stupid, ignorant or offensive.
They get to spew their religious nonsense... others get to make fun of it.
That's the deal.

This movie is a lot of things but it's not forbidden and not the same as killing people.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

And how long before our own disgruntled Islamic young jump on this bandwagon?.

That probably is going to depend somewhat on how their fellow Americans, who are not Muslim, treat them because they are Muslim...

If their right to be American isn't called into question or insulted, they probably would only be disgruntled at the rioters and aggressors. I can't say for sure, but it seems reasonable to consider.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

So you are an expert on the beliefs and tenets of Islam?
And you've also seen the 14 minute video in its entirety?

Or are you just saying what you think is true and/or right and/or justified?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

Have you seen it?

The 'trailer' that is...I don't think there is actually a full length movie from what is being discovered. Just the 14 minute thing at youtube.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

Whoooeee, someone kicked over a bloody hornets nest. There was already a Jihad going on in that region against christians, this will insure that more churches are burned with more martyred christians in the near to present future. I hear the drums of war. I hear the call to arms.

"By the pricking of my thumbs something wicked this way comes" - William Shakespeare "Hamlet"

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

That's good to know...I suspect this is not a statement of Islam in general but is being used to promote the same old agenda by that small radical faction still looking for an abandoned country to take over...and sick of hiding from drone strikes, on top of it.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

I don't give a # about the beliefs and tenets of Islam.
Islams tenets are irrelevant to freedom of speech in the western world.

Nor do I need to know the exact amount of BS in the 14 minute video to say it's not the same as killing people.
edit on 14-9-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by RedParrotHead

In short, yes.

They can either be responsible and police the content or they admit they cannot police it, which places them under pressure every time something happens. Pubs and bars have a duty of care to their patrons. Why should FB et all be any different?

I freely admit to hating both though, which may cloud my judgement.

But if you censor social media...you've got to censor the whole internet...and we all know that no one really wants that...at least that's been the prevailing opinion here at ATS...no one wanted SOPA and it wasn't even outright censorship but rather a poorly engineered attempt to keep the Chinese from making money off our movies and such...

What gets me is that the big money record companies get butt hurt about losing revenue with file sharing and unauthorized youtube videos that fans make to express songs they love...and so I can't even post the video I made of the song Imagine on youtube...but this 'Sam Bacile' character can post a piece of 'original' *crap* that potentially sparked WWIII...and IT'S JUST FINE AND DANDY with youtube...because he has infringed upon no one's 'copyright' (read: profit)...I call foul!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

That's exactly what I thought you would say.
Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join