It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

german and british embassies attacked

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I've got I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire-The Ink Spots playing on Youtube in the background to BBC news live coverage.....It's surreal.

Feck....

1431: About 200 protesters are burning USA and Israeli flags outside the US embassy in London

edit on 14-9-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead

Don't blame FB or social networking for the actions of theses hordes of lunatics, that's like blaming all non-Muslims for this retarded movie.

Actually, i disagree with you here by quite a margin. It is simple enough for them to remove posts, etc, encouraging this sort of action. Failing to do so can be seen as endorsing such action or at the very least is complicity in public order offences (although i have no idea if that is a crime in these countries).

Put another way,if someone in the USA (for arguments sake) started a FB page saying "lynch a Muslim" and a Muslim got lynched by someone who had seen that page, what do you think the reaction by the authorities would be to FB? And the outrage from normal citizens?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by butcherguy

In fairness it is only some Imams. Same as it only some Pastors, or some Priests or some Rabbi's.

Just because of some nutters, you cannot write a group of people off.

Uhm, yes I can!

We are not talking about 25 people somewhere in backwoods Hindukush demonstrating, we're talking about many THOUSANDS of people rioting right now in the Middle East.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This is just like a more bloody and violent sequel to the riots in the UK last year. They aren't fighting for a cause, they are fighting because they know they can get away with it and spill some blood for free while they're at it. This just goes to show how the 'mob mentality' works because I'm guessing the majority of these thugs haven't seen the film and probably aren't really even anti 'west'.

An invasion of any foreign embassy should be considered a breach of sovereign security and defended at all costs. Otherwise this will open the door for more and more embassies around the world being invaded and nowhere in the islamic world will be safe for western citizens.

The coming days are going to be grim.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

i have heard reports that the german flag was riped down and replaced with the islamic flag before they set the building on fire. ---

What is the "Islamic Flag"?

Most likely it was The Black Flag of Jihad. Black field inscribed with the shahada (There is no god but God, Muhammad is the messenger of God.)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Actually, i disagree with you here by quite a margin. It is simple enough for them to remove posts, etc, encouraging this sort of action. Failing to do so can be seen as endorsing such action or at the very least is complicity in public order offences (although i have no idea if that is a crime in these countries).

Put another way,if someone in the USA (for arguments sake) started a FB page saying "lynch a Muslim" and a Muslim got lynched by someone who had seen that page, what do you think the reaction by the authorities would be to FB? And the outrage from normal citizens?

It's not one page - it's a huge web. So, FB and Twitter and all social media are expected to scan and delete millions of updates from anonymous sources that are shared at the speed of light ... scan for what specifically? We can't even stop a 711 from being flash mobbed. Censorship is not the answer
edit on 9/14/2012 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I probably don't watch enough MSM.

Or is the little I do watch too much? I just don't know any more.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

In short, yes.

They can either be responsible and police the content or they admit they cannot police it, which places them under pressure every time something happens. Pubs and bars have a duty of care to their patrons. Why should FB et all be any different?

I freely admit to hating both though, which may cloud my judgement.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

1458: US embassy in Brussels is sending its staff home early after reports of a planned protest, Belgium's Le Soir daily reports

I suppose it's a really bad time to go on short break to the Netherlands on Thursday. I'm not sure I want to go now, everyone there will be dressed as UK WW2 squaddies and US marines. /facepalm

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Pubs and bars have a duty of care to their patrons, OK I guess. But are the bars responsible for everything said and did in the establishment? No. That's like saying the movie theater in Aurora is responsible for people getting killed.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
thankyou for the support from posters on this thread.

due to the fact i dont want to be banned, i now realise that this is not breaking news, and that it is just a social issue.

it seems that the u.s emabassy now in tunisia is showing signs of being set on fire. it seems to me that the news channels are having trouble keeping up with all that is happening. every minute there is more and more breaking news....i mean social issues.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead
reply to post by Flavian

Pubs and bars have a duty of care to their patrons, OK I guess. But are the bars responsible for everything said and did in the establishment? No. That's like saying the movie theater in Aurora is responsible for people getting killed.

Pubs and bars have a duty of care regarding drink as that is what they do. FB and the like have a duty of care regarding inciteful behaviour, etc, as that is what they do. It is nothing like the movie theatre in Aurora comparison.

However, i am thinking we may have to agree to disagree over this........

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
man with a middle easter accent has now rang texas university saying there are bombs and people are now being evacuated.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

Islamic..Christian..Jewish..all of these leaders are such fine, upstanding examples of how organized religion is the linchpin in a system of deception and control.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Probably a good idea to ditch that Prophet costume as well..................

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl
man with a middle easter accent has now rang texas university saying there are bombs and people are now being evacuated.

Why Texas University? Did i miss something? (very possible!
).

Is it simply because it is American?

I hope the creator of this film is feeling very proud today - the idiot. I hope no tax payer cash is spent on protection for him.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl
Oh great, I hope they calm down a bit.
They keep escalating things and we are liable to have people retaliating.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

"inciteful behaviour" isn't easy to define when the FB post likely read something like "Let's all meet at the embassy to peacefully protest"

Anyway, you're right that this can't be settled here, but I'm glad we can not see eye to eye without blowing each other up. I respectfully agree to disagree with you.
edit on 9/14/2012 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Originally posted by jibeho
The KFC /Hardees is now on fire and tear gas fired at crowds gathering around embassy in Sudan

www.bbc.co.uk...

Well, personally speaking, i don't have a problem with that. Bloody horrible food. Leave the embassies alone and burn down all KFC's says I!

It's all about the gravy.. *Drools*

Sweaty chicken every single time i have had a KFC so my judgement is coloured. Nothing worse than sweaty chicken, can feel the bile rising at the thought of it.........

Colonel Sanders would not be happy with what his restaurant chain has become. However, if you ever come to the US and are ever in Shelbyville, Kentucky, do go eat at Claudia Sanders' Dinner House. It's fantastic and is far superior to the KFC fast food chain.
www.claudiasanders.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

reply to post by Suspiria

Probably a good idea to ditch that Prophet costume as well..................

It's not a Prophet cossie, it's supposed to be Naboo, but yeah, best keep my Turban and flip flops at home.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join