It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

german and british embassies attacked

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by bellagirl

Thanks for breaking this news, BTW.

This is not going to be a good day, for Westerners.

It certainly isn't...............................One place you would like to think you can feel safe would be an embassy/consulate..................things have certainly changed now..........no ground is safe ground............

please correct me if im wrong.

but isnt a US embassy on foreign soil, considered US Soil inside the confines?

same with german, british, heck, any embassy?

i think at a minimum leaders of those countries owe it to the countries whose embassies were attacked, where people were murdered, the blood of the killers.

MINIMUM, or it should be considered an act of war. if they dont give up the killers, the leaders should be considered accomplices to the murder of those people.

link   
This sums up the logic of these Islamic extremists...

...but they forgot the next line "we must kill all who disagree"

link   
latest reports out of lebanon regarding the protest there is Update: Lebanese official says 1 killed, 25 wounded during protest over anti-Islam film

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

Originally posted by mobiusmale
I missed the part where Germany had any connection whatsoever to this movie...

In a word...nuts.

100% agreed.
That's why I detest religious nutters... they don't understand nor need logical context.

They don't want our embassies there?
No problem... close the embassies and break all diplomatic relations.
Oh and cut the money too (trading and financial aid).

Let them eat their religion.
edit on 14-9-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious

In a word...nuts.

100% agreed. That's why I detest religious nutters... they don't understand nor need logical context.

No, you see it's a bundle deal! Someone did some anti-Muslim graffiti on a mosque wall in Germany so they're just lumping these two "insults" together
edit on 9/14/2012 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead
This sums up the logic of these Islamic extremists...

...but they forgot the next line "we must kill all who disagree"

They obviously haven't had a real taste of "freedam", either from their government or from their religion.

Thanks for all the intolerance you have made possible, Islamic Imams!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I understand your frustration. But please be aware that without warning, a mod can ban you in a snap. I realize a place like ATS could foster a sense of justice and righteousness within its own ranks, but that is not a reasonable expectation. The level of tolerance and intelligence within their population contains as much variance as any other population. And I bet I even know who it was...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

In fairness it is only some Imams. Same as it only some Pastors, or some Priests or some Rabbi's.

Just because of some nutters, you cannot write a group of people off.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
At sundown on Monday, Rosh Hashanah begins - one of the Jewish high holy days that celebrates the new year.

This could become significantly worse, made so by any one of multiple players. I certainly hope that next week we aren't wishing for the peaceful times of this week...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead

Originally posted by ColCurious

In a word...nuts.

100% agreed. That's why I detest religious nutters... they don't understand nor need logical context.

No, you see it's a bundle deal! Someone did some anti-Muslim graffiti on a mosque wall in Germany so they're just lumping these two "insults" together
edit on 9/14/2012 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

And recently passing law banning Circumcision has got their knickers in a twist too apparently...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

In fairness it is only some Imams. Same as it only some Pastors, or some Priests or some Rabbi's.

I guess I would be happy to hear some of the Imams preaching tolerance and peace, but it doesn't hit the airwaves.
I don't doubt that it exists, but what I get are the edicts or fatwahs that they release which are covered by the news media, which are the opposite end of the spectrum.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

I don't understand why they put the prophet above their god,

It seems that way to me.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Seem's they got into the US Embassy in Tunisia now...

1418: Eyewitnesses tell Reuters that protesters in Tunisia have scaled the wall of the US embassy in the capital

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

1418: Eyewitnesses tell Reuters that protesters in Tunisia have scaled the wall of the US embassy in the capital

Good old social networking...............Facebook et all seemed happy enough to accept the credit for the Arab Spring so i wonder if they will recognise the role they have played in the spreading of these protests.......

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dizrael

Originally posted by davethebear

Originally posted by sonnny1

Thanks for breaking this news, BTW.

This is not going to be a good day, for Westerners.

It certainly isn't...............................One place you would like to think you can feel safe would be an embassy/consulate..................things have certainly changed now..........no ground is safe ground............

please correct me if im wrong.

but isnt a US embassy on foreign soil, considered US Soil inside the confines?

same with german, british, heck, any embassy?

i think at a minimum leaders of those countries owe it to the countries whose embassies were attacked, where people were murdered, the blood of the killers.

MINIMUM, or it should be considered an act of war. if they dont give up the killers, the leaders should be considered accomplices to the murder of those people.

As I understand it, there is an international agreement for the status of embassies to be protected as though they are sovereign soil. Basically, any embassy is an extension of the nation in that embassy, and any attack on that embassy can be considered an act of war against the nation.

All nations hosting embassies are responsible for the safety and security of all those in the embassy.

We had this when the Julian Assange thing kicked off, and the UK government suggesting that they could go in and arrest him was seen around the world as a direct threat against the very basic principals of the diplomatic missions agreement. The UK cannot, under any circumstances, violate the diplomatic agreement signed, not even to arrest Assange. The moment they attacked or entered the embassy without express permission they would have been in breach of international agreements and a century of trust between nations would have been destroyed.

Sudan is going to be held accountable for the safety of those embassies, as will the Libyan government, and any other host nation where this violence has occurred.

You know, it's times like these that make me think we should simply pull everyone one out immediately, stop all flights from any nation where this is happening, cut them off and let them deal with their own BS for a while.

It's obviously extremely complex with oil deals and intel arrangements, banking and business in general. But this is now becoming highly dangerous.

The only way things will change now is by leaving them alone to wallow in their own insanity. Maybe when they are each cut off from the things they like about the west they're come to the conclusion that this kind of religious insanity is not going to get them anywhere.

I hate to sound so condescending, but if these religious crazies want to act like petulant children throwing a hissy fit, stick them on the naughty step, take away their toys, explain to them why their behavior is pathetic, and let them think about that for a while!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Good old social networking...............Facebook et all seemed happy enough to accept the credit for the Arab Spring so i wonder if they will recognise the role they have played in the spreading of these protests.......

And how long before our own disgruntled Islamic young jump on this bandwagon?.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Germany has nothing to do with this movie. Exactly. How do we know that all this violence is over a movie?
Because the MSM said so? Why is it that most of the violence are in the " New Demoncracy" countries?
Maybe these people are realizing that they were duped by the "Arab Spring".

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

And how long before our own disgruntled Islamic young jump on this bandwagon?.

I hope they do, it'll make it easy to identify them.

Don't blame FB or social networking for the actions of theses hordes of lunatics, that's like blaming all non-Muslims for this retarded movie.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I guess I would be happy to hear some of the Imams preaching tolerance and peace, but it doesn't hit the airwaves.
I don't doubt that it exists, but what I get are the edicts or fatwahs that they release which are covered by the news media, which are the opposite end of the spectrum.

Not true. I don't know what you're watching, but the BBC and Sky here in the UK are both reporting that the Muslim Brotherhood have asked for everything to remain peaceful. Numerous Imams and government officials from all these nations have made statements about the film not being an excuse to cause violence.

IMO, it's not enough. But it's something at least.

You also have to consider that there are millions of people in these countries, and only a small minority are protesting, and only a small minority of those are acting violently.

This is a very extreme minority of people acting with violence. But I still think it needs a clear response - pull out our people from each nation under safety. Make it clear that relations with each nation will be reviewed. That might convince those nations and their governments to take this more seriously than they seem to be doing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join