It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

german and british embassies attacked

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

german and british embassies attacked

edition.cnn.com

Thousands march on German Embassy in Sudan as angry protests over film mocking Prophet Mohammed spread - journalist.
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 14-9-2012 by bellagirl because: to post a new source. to have my thread moved back to breaking news.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This is only just breaking now. reports are now that the german embassy is completely on fire. the british embassy is also reported to be under attack. also reports of a KFC in lebanon being attacked due to anti islamic protests and the popes visit. cnni seems to be the best source so far for information.

things are predicted to get far worse in the next few hours.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
KFC? Come on!

Attacking anything is bad but KFC??? That is my life!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
bambuser.com...

this is a live link to the egypt protests.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Another day ruined by followers of "God" ... I hope too many innocents aren't killed.

At this point it seems like the Islamic leaders are looking for any excuse to insight a bloody riot. Now graffiti on a wall, in another country is just cause to murder people. It's time for us to send our own message about what we will not tolerate.

...and by "we" I mean rational human beings.
edit on 9/14/2012 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

I wonder how many of these "protesters", actually saw the movie?

I guess ANYTHING "Western", is going to be targeted. Sad these people, need to resort to violence, because of a movie. Reality and Fantasy, and the lack of understanding the two.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Wow , what a savage response. Now and German embassy?
I may disagree with what you say but i will die for your right to say it.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
i have heard reports that the german flag was riped down and replaced with the islamic flag before they set the building on fire.

i think its fair to say this is now becoming a anti western movement now. not just targeted at the u.s

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Yet more evidence these are just evil thugs out for a fight. They have no desire for justice, they just want to destroy.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I remember hearing predictions since Wednesday that today was supposed to be worse than what has been seen so far. It's almost as if Monday was the kick-off to The Twelve Days of Jihad.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, OP. Let's hope that all expats in Islamic nations are now in the process of being moved to safe locations. I'm growing concerned that, given this news you've posted, the incursions will go far beyond US embassies, and will encompass all non-Islamic countries' embassies.

I hope this isn't the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Well... the movie, or as it seems, a clip from the alleged movie - has anybody actually seen this movie in full? - has had the desired effect. Seems like a deliberate psy-op to stir things up big time!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

Originally posted by bellagirl
i have heard reports that the german flag was riped down and replaced with the islamic flag before they set the building on fire.

i think its fair to say this is now becoming a anti western movement now. not just targeted at the u.s

I'd say it's more than that. It's a full on war aimed at anyone or anything not 100% hard core Islamic ... where anything perceived as an insult is grounds to unloose an army of brain washed fanatics who want to die for the cause.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Agree.

Right before the American Presidential elections too.

Coincidence?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Haven't even seen a damn clip of this film?
WTF! I've got a bad feeling about this Scoob....

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl

What is the "Islamic Flag"?

Aside from that, this is really getting retarded. I can just about guarantee that 99.99999999% of these protesters have never seen the film, have no idea what is in the film, don't have a clue what actual "offensive" images or statements are contained in it.

Yet there they are out on the streets, ranting and chanting, attacking property and people...killing people when they feel they can get away with it.

I missed the part where Germany had any connection whatsoever to this movie...

In a word...nuts.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
theweek.com...

An offensive trailer for the film fueled deadly riots in Egypt and Libya. But according to enterprising reporters, the claim that an entire film exists may be a lie.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Sudan is another hot spot that has been waiting to ignite for some time. We've got one hell of a mess on our hands. Libya, Egypt, Yemen, Tunisia, Sudan,... Expect something similar out of Somalia any day now...

I honestly think that we have been waiting and Prepping for something like this for quite a while now. Hillary was in this region at the beginning August.

This attack has Al Shabab written all over it

U.S. is the driving force behind the fighting in Somalia,

Washington has been quietly equipping and training thousands of African soldiers to wage a widening proxy war against the Shabab, the Al Qaeda ally that has sparked alarm as foreign militants join its ranks. "You will push … the miscreants from that country, so Somalia can once again be free of tyranny and terrorism," he told them, according to a video of the May ceremony. "We know you are ready."

These weren't American soldiers. They were from impoverished Sierra Leone in West Africa. But Hogg, a top U.S. Army commander for Africa, was in Freetown, Sierra Leone's capital, because

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The whole region is a powder keg and these embassy attacks spread like wild fire and before the long the attacks escalate to other targets. All made worse by a very weak president Obama and his utter failure in this region and around the world. Time to buckle down folks this is going to get bumpy all the way through an "October Surprise"

Settling Sudan

In South Sudan, which marked a year of independence from Sudan on July 9, Clinton will meet President Salva Kiir tomorrow to discuss topics including “security, oil and citizenship,” State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said in a July 30 statement.

Hostilities escalated in April as troops from South Sudan occupied the Heglig oilfield which is claimed by both, driving the two countries to the edge of war. Even though South Sudan withdrew after 10 days, the United Nations Security Council threatened to impose sanctions if differences over oil transit fees, borders and security aren’t settled by today.

In Uganda, Clinton will urge President Yoweri Museveni to strengthen democracy and human rights, while acknowledging the country’s role in boosting security including trying to hunt down warlord Joseph Kony’s Lord’s Resistance Army, Nuland said. Uganda was also the first country to offer troops for the AU force in Somalia, and the U.S. sponsored training and equipment. She’ll arrive today, James Mugume, permanent secretary at Uganda’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, said by telephone from Kampala, the capital.

www.businessweek.com...

I've got a bad gut feeling ...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead

I'd say it's more than that. It's a full on war aimed at anyone or anything not 100% hard core Islamic ... where anything perceived as an insult is grounds to unloose an army of brain washed fanatics who want to die for the cause.

The problem is this.

a Muslim is an adherent of Islam, someone who surrenders their will to God

a portion of Muslims are Islamists, who believe the best government is a totalitarian Islamic caliphate

a portion of Sunni Islamists are Salafists, or revivalists who believe there is only one right way to do things, like accomplish total global domination

a portion of Sunni Jihadists are Takfiris, who believe in covert warfare and immigration as a weapon for the purpose of killing or enslaving non-Muslims as well as other Muslims who do not subscribe to their narrow world view

a portion of all Muslims are Jihadists, who believe violence is necessary to satisfy an obligation justified by prophetic command or textual interpretation

ISLAMIC EXTREMISM AND JIHADISM

There are too many actors playing different parts, in this bad play.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Well... the movie, or as it seems, a clip from the alleged movie - has anybody actually seen this movie in full? - has had the desired effect. Seems like a deliberate psy-op to stir things up big time!

It would appear to be that way and don't forget this little gem we've had of late....
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Not to mention a sudden knee jerk reaction to a certain comedy we have airing at the moment too..

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

Fridays are always bad within this particular community. The trouble starts right after the Friday (Jumah) prayers end. How ironic!!..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join