It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Innocence of Muslims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I just watched this video "Innocence of Muslims". It's really rediculous. Crappy video.

I just can't get over the fact that somebody can get offended by this. Or for showing a cartoon of a "Prophet". I really don't understand this. I was born in a christian society. In my lifetime I have seen many mock ups of the religious theme. Sometimes they are funny, sometimes they are stupid. But I have never felt the urge to punish or kill somebody for drawing a cartoon where Jesus has intercourse with Mary Magdalene. I have never heard any protests over such things. We have fundamental freaks also...but they wouldn't kill for such things. They would maybe condemn or speak against it.

Is this really the face of Islam? Are Muslim really that easily offended ?

I would like to invite any Muslim ATS members to give their take on this issue.

Are Muslims that live in America equally offended by such content?

I mean...If you were ever to meet me in a street and say..."hey man...your Jesus sucks c***...I would walk away from you. I wouldn't try to kill you, instead I would think that you're probably bat # crazy, because a sane person wouldn't go around saying things like that, even if they meant it.

I would also never feel insulted by this...your faith is your own. I don't feel the need to justify it to anyone, or don't need anyone to acknowledge it. It is the point of faith. You can believe whatever you want to believe.

I would also like to avoid any religious bashing and insulting. Please.

My main question is...concerning this "offending" thing...are only fundamental Muslims offended by a cartoon showing a Mohammed's face or all Muslims are?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Obviously Muslim In America are not dumb or stupid they are very much intelligent people that knows crap for what it is. They have better things to do that wasting their time protesting crap.

I applaud those Muslims.

But be aware that is a group of them that are not here in the US to better themselves and their families, they are here to cause harm, those are the ones that may be protesting on some way or the other.

edit on 14-9-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
As far as I've heard the Shiite Muslims are more like the Christian Catholics in that they do have icons, apparently including some of Mohammed.

Muslims will never insult Jesus, because he is one of their prophets.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

My main question is...concerning this "offending" thing...are only fundamental Muslims offended by a cartoon showing a Mohammed's face or all Muslims are?

According to their religion, it is blasphemous to portray Mohammed. Now, as I've said many times, my apartment building is full of Muslim families, 3 on my floor alone. none of them give two craps about a cartoon or this video. Some hard core fundamentalists would be quite upset. But, you can also take a look at Christians, hard core Christians murdering doctors who performed abortions, it's the same kettle really.

Then you have the fanatics who, in reality, aren't even following Islam, it's a twisted and distorted version of it. Those crazies are just looking for any justification to be insane.

That said....

You do realize the controversy on this right? The fact that this video was edited and overdubbed and the original "film" did not contain any references to Islam, Mohammed, or any of that. At least 1 actress involved has come out explaining this.

This was a ploy to get the exact reaction they got, and as far as I'm concerned, the perpetrator of this sham has a lot of blood on his hands.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

You do realize the controversy on this right? The fact that this video was edited and overdubbed and the original "film" did not contain any references to Islam, Mohammed, or any of that. At least 1 actress involved has come out explaining this.

I wasn't aware of that. And if that's the case, than an obvious agenda is behind this.

Still, the question remains...can muslims so easily be used ??
edit on 14-9-2012 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
has anyone notice the terribly poor dubbing off words in?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The film is just an excuse to destroy some embassies, kill a few people and make a political point. If the film was not there then they (the extremists) would find another vehicle to blame for their behaviour.

Personally, it's getting ridiculous that Islam cannot be satirized or even spoken about. The Islamasists want to close down all debate, just like what happened in medieval Europe. No discussion and no progress, just blissful ignorance and control.

The Islamasists fear gradual westernisation - emancipation of women and erosion of their sad (and brutal) habits. No loss. The West must not give in to demands that taking about Islam in any fashion is wrong. It was our forefathers who fought the all controlling religious and challenged their grip on society, and we must make sure Islam is not treated differently.

Regards

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

the question is; why insult someone who you know nothing about, who came 1400 years ago? whats it to you? QUESTION: WHATS IT TO YOU?

with that being said, if all the muslims were to rise up because of this, the entire world will stop, believe me.

all your seeing is groups of hundreds and thousands but what if the millions came out in protest. what then?

you share the earth with the muslims, why not respect them, oh wait there is no such thing, the Americans and British have been patronising them and harrasing them for 100 years now, what for? Israel? oil? religious war? just greed or pure hate? and now this, stupid films attacking their religion.. when the muslims fight back you tag them as savage terrorists

I'm glad the muslims are not taking this crap anymore, not from western backed dictators puppets, not from brutal regimes, and definitely not from scum filth of a film maker

to sum up, for every action there is a reaction, and what goes around comes around. supporters of zionism will get their bit of karma.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

It is astonishing to me that so many people keep concentrating on that movie as the cause of people in the Middle East and Africa being pissed off at the U.S., with some even saying the Muslims are crazy!? Either people have the memory of a mosquito, or they've been so thoroughly confused by Western propaganda that they actually believe these protests and riots against the U.S. and it's allies are the fault of radicalized Muslims. I hope the protests continue as they have been for years against the mass murderers of America and it's allies in crime.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
The film is just an excuse to destroy some embassies, kill a few people and make a political point. If the film was not there then they (the extremists) would find another vehicle to blame for their behaviour.

Personally, it's getting ridiculous that Islam cannot be satirized or even spoken about. The Islamasists want to close down all debate, just like what happened in medieval Europe. No discussion and no progress, just blissful ignorance and control.

The Islamasists fear gradual westernisation - emancipation of women and erosion of their sad (and brutal) habits. No loss. The West must not give in to demands that taking about Islam in any fashion is wrong. It was our forefathers who fought the all controlling religious and challenged their grip on society, and we must make sure Islam is not treated differently.

Regards

there is a difference between debate and mocking.

I can go to an 'emo boy' and debate his style and piercing and use of make up, or I can just make fun of him and ridicule him and call people to laugh at him because he is different.

do you see the difference? if not then you are a hypocrite moron

the muslims have been pushed far enough, and enough is enough.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

But be aware that is a group of them

This is not "a group", there are thousands of people on the streets right now in almost any Islamic country, 10.000 people on the streets in Cairo alone. The whole fricking middle-east is rioting as we speak. Stop lying to yourself and telling yourself that it's only "a few people" being radicals.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by trysts

I hope the protests continue as they have been for years against the mass murderers of America and it's allies in crime.

You hope the protests (and violence) continue? Why? Are you nuts?
Who just killed people (and keeps doing it) over some stupid Youtube movie?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

I hope the protests continue as they have been for years against the mass murderers of America and it's allies in crime.

You hope the protests (and violence) continue? Why? Are you nuts?
Who just killed people (and keeps doing it) over some stupid Youtube movie?

The U.S. and it's allies have murdered over a million people in that region of the world, in case you were asleep for decade. There have been protests every day in the former lair of dictators supported by the U.S., for years, in case ya' didn't know. There are tens of millions of people whose lives have been ruined by "some stupid" invasion of the Middle East and Africa. There are too many disgusting reasons for the people of that region to be inspired to murder U.S. officials, and burn down American corporations.
The protests should, and will continue, as they have for years, in case you're deaf.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

The U.S. and it's allies have murdered over a million people in that region of the world, in case you were asleep for decade.

Not sure of your sources, but you know what you say is twaddle.

The vast majority of violence in the Middle East is Muslim against Muslim with not a single Westerner in view. This has ever been the case. The Taliban were killing and killing long before NATO moved in and the Iraqi’s have been busily brutalising each other for decades, including under charming chap Saddam.

Ask the Iraqi Kurds and Shi'ites or the occupants of Mazar-i Sharif (if you can find any) and countless other locals.

Regards

edit on 14/9/2012 by paraphi because: tidy up

edit on 14/9/2012 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I was only referring to US Muslim groups, no the agenda that is been wagged in other countries. After all it is US we are talking about, so far you don't see intelligent Muslims wasting their time with crap.

But it could be some groups here in the US that will try to cause trouble, be this groups radical Islam or foreign infiltrators.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
EDIT:

Just in case ATS gets beheaded or the Westboro Baptists come and picket us

edit on 14/9/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

The U.S. and it's allies have murdered over a million people in that region of the world, in case you were asleep for decade.

Not sure of your sources, but you know what you say is twaddle.

The vast majority of violence in the Middle East is Muslim against Muslim with not a single Westerner in view. This has ever been the case. The Taliban were killing and killing long before NATO moved in and the Iraqi’s have been busily brutalising each other for decades, including under charming chap Saddam.

Ask the Iraqi Kurds and Shi'ites or the occupants of Mazar-i Sharif (if you can find any) and countless other locals.

Regards

edit on 14/9/2012 by paraphi because: tidy up

edit on 14/9/2012 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

Not sure of my sources?! Is that a joke?
Americans murder each other constantly, so your silliness about Muslims murdering Muslims in predominately Muslim countries is obvious. We are speaking of whether this film incited violence against the U.S., and I'm saying the people of that region have millions of reasons to hate U.S. officials. If this film adds to the fact that millions of peoples lives have been ruined by the U.S., then I'm far from surprised..

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
In Denmark, most muslims think it is ridiculous, shake their heads, and move on. Except, we have Hizb ut-Tahrir, a political party who did a demonstration against the american embassy with around 1000 people. It should be noted that they are fundementalists, wanting a sharia state in Denmark, and it has several times been discussed if the party should be made illegal, since they preach hatred and wants to overthrow the danish government.

It is for sure only fundamentalists that would do these kinds of things, I'm just surprised at how many there are of them in the world.. So sad. But that being said, I wonder why deeply religious muslims are often so aggressive compared to other people, can someone explain that to me?
edit on 18/9/12 by Thain Esh Kelch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I am extremely confused about this whole issue. Obviously, the video did not actually motivate these attacks. But how is it possible that almost everyone in the media and in the general public is taking the supposed offensive nature of this trailer at face value? I watched the clip. Maybe it is enough to piss off the fundamentalists in the Muslim world (but, then again, what isn't - these are completely unreasonable people who riot over everything from sneaker logos that vaguely resemble Arabic script for Mohammad's name to some school teacher naming a teddy bear after the prophet), but we've got national political figures and respected media outlets bashing the video as if it were the most shockingly offensive material ever released. This simply is not factual, and by letting that insane narrative stand, we risk losing First Amendment rights and who knows what else.

How can so few others see this?

top topics

join