It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa GOP Elector Refuses to Vote Romney

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Source

Republican Melinda Wadsley, who is in the electoral college for Iowa, has decided to resign rather than vote for Romney. She issued a statement.

"I have always been a straight-ticket Republican, and for the first time in my life I am an undecided voter, therefore, I need to resign my position as a Republican presidential elector," Wadsley said in an email exchange with The Associated Press.

She has become undecided because she has been supporting Ron Paul and did not feel he was treated fairly. She goes on to say..

"They've never given Ron Paul a fair shot, and I'm disgusted with that," Wadsley told the AP for the story that preceded her resignation. "I'd like to show them how disgusted I am."

I love it. Good for her. I wish more people like this would stand up and speak out about the way Ron Paul was treated.

I used search and searched all the political forums for this story, so if it is already posted I am sorry!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

If ever someone wanted to say there was a true conspiracy to disinfranchise voters and those who would have common sense rule the day, the way they treated Ron Paul in the news and in fact was it.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

From Article.....

Iowa GOP Chairman A.J. Spiker said in a statement Thursday that the state party's central committee would begin the process of selecting a replacement, essentially allowing the party to confirm a die-hard Romney supporter.

I would have stuck it out, and said No, I will not vote. Really, what could they have done?

Especially if I felt that strong about it.
edit on 14-9-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

That is very true but really, what a hard decision. Maybe she didn't feel comfortable not voting, who knows.

I have no doubt they will appoint a very pro-Romney elector. But, we are talking about Iowa here.

Iowa Polls

Currently, Obama only leads by .5% He won Iowa in 2008. This could end up being a non-issue, or it could be the game changer there.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

If you believe in Ron Paul,and his Principles, you tend to think outside the box anyways.

What allegiance does she really have to the GOP? Do you really think, they will ever take her back, in the position she held? Nope. She burned her bridge.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I respect this woman for her honesty, I thought that Ron Paul was a way better candidate than Mitt Romney from the beginning and also from watching Mitt Romney in previous debates wondered how he even made it as far as he did regardless of his accomplishments and non accomplishments as a governor and ceo, I really believe that Ron Paul was shafted, when the presidential and vice presidential debates start I think people will see that they chose the wrong two nominees to represent them and the republican platform .

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

If Ron Paul had won the nomination I would have voted republican for the first time.

However, he did not. I refuse to vote for Romney, and I'm unsure on Obama at the moment.

I really think the GOP messed up. College students swayed the election in 2008 and they will again. And you can bet the majority won't vote Romney. Just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
No matter how the press treated Ron Paul, he still is too 'extreme' in his views to have gotten enough votes in the primaries to win under the GOP ticket. He sacrificed his possibilities when he joined the GOP and and decided to go up against the "chosen" candidate. It was Romney's turn. There's no way the GOP would have allowed anyone else.

Ron Paul screwed up his chances. If he had gone Independent or Libertarian, he would have had a much better chance. Why he sold out to the GOP, I will never understand.

I admire the woman in the OP for not betraying her own personal judgment in voting for Romney. I think there are going to be many more voters who get behind that privacy curtain and do the same. They may vote for Mickey Mouse or write in Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

He had my vote when he was a Libertarian.He had it in 2008. Yes, he should have went INDEPENDENT.

Gary Johnson has my vote now. I don't understand why he isn't backing Gary Johnson, 100%.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
No matter how the press treated Ron Paul, he still is too 'extreme' in his views to have gotten enough votes in the primaries to win under the GOP ticket. He sacrificed his possibilities when he joined the GOP and and decided to go up against the "chosen" candidate. It was Romney's turn. There's no way the GOP would have allowed anyone else.

Ron Paul screwed up his chances. If he had gone Independent or Libertarian, he would have had a much better chance. Why he sold out to the GOP, I will never understand.

I admire the woman in the OP for not betraying her own personal judgment in voting for Romney. I think there are going to be many more voters who get behind that privacy curtain and do the same. They may vote for Mickey Mouse or write in Ron Paul.

Though I agree with Paul I believe that at this point in time the American people could not handle real freedom because of the personal responsibility that comes with it.....

The trend I see in presidential elections is that people vote against someone or party... If that is the case they have already lost.... even if they win the election!

They have been turned and played by a system that manipulates the choices the same way the conflicts on reality TV shows are scripted....

game, set, match ..... we all lose!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
reply to post by phinubian

If Ron Paul had won the nomination I would have voted republican for the first time.

However, he did not. I refuse to vote for Romney, and I'm unsure on Obama at the moment.

I really think the GOP messed up. College students swayed the election in 2008 and they will again. And you can bet the majority won't vote Romney. Just my opinion.

If they want a job after graduation they will. Obama has proven he can't get the job done. I will vote for a maybe over a definite dud.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

She has my complete respect for staying by her principles it is rare in politics.

new topics

top topics

join