It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral projection, out of body experience, hallucinations and communications - a personal experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Hey ATS, it's been a while since i've posted here or browsed the forums as much as i use to. I had a dream a while back that i thought was the most amazing dream of my life, well this experience, trumps that 10 fold. Without beating around the bush, as, if you are like me you just want to see the meat of an experience, i will paste an articulated, syntactically structured story which describes this experience as best i can.

During the middle of the day i had an unusual spontanious desire that i needed to sleep, i was tired but it onset fairly quickly. I am a little bit sick so i figured i was just fatigued.

As i closed my eyes i dozed of quite fast. Even though my eyes were closed, i could still see my bedroom, i could not 'see' it see it, but i could understand and acknowledge the geometric patterns and existing space. I could see in pure dark that i was at the end of a dark cable, i could not make out the cable, or what was on the other end. I was conscious enough to think to myself i am just thinking of this as i drift away to sleep. Sometime later i had a couple of unusually, gloomy styled weird dreams that were not frightening at all, just a gloomy atmosphere. I was in a 2nd hand shop with a friend and noticed a jacket that looked like the red one michael jackson used to wear, i picked it up and said "hey, michael jackson". At this point I, for some reason (it felt like a trigger), decided to wake up. I tried to wake myself up, and as i did, i left the dream. I don't remember being in any kind of space at all. I was now under sleep paralysis, which has only happened to me one time before, at least 6+ months ago. The first time it was frightening, but this time i was not scared at all. My body felt thick, almost as if there were magnets acting in some way on all points of my body.

I began to hear a slight ringing in my ears, then this vibration began to sound, it got louder and louder and louder. the best way i can describe it was as a wave being violently and radically drawn by a needle on a polygraph test, but on the same spot. It was incredibly loud and overpowering, it blocked everything else out. I began to hallucinate, i don't remember the initial hallucinations. I could see the sound i was hearing being visualized in the center of my room. I could see a gold ball of light in the center of my vision, with a white wave like pattern in a box in front of it, almost blocking my vision of it. It was continuously moving in rythmn with the sound i was hearing. I could see my room in the background, though it was faded out in black and white. I tried to move again, but to no avail. At this point i felt my body lift off the bed, limb by limb. I could feel myself moving which is when my point of perspective changed, i was now outside of my body in the corner of the room looking at the center. I could see my body in the side of my vision bent, legs outstretched, chest up straight and arms extended, i could not see my head. It began to rotate, spin and flip quietly. My perspective changed back and forth between my body and the environment. I began to hear someone scream, as if someone walked into the room and saw my lifeless body floating in the air doing flips. I could see a woman to my left from the perspective of my body, i did not recognize her, but she was looking at me and screaming, i could hear the very faint screams in the background of the hugely intense vibration. I was hallucinating this entire time, but i cannot remember the initial hallucinations, but i know they were happening simultaneously to the gold ball of light and wave pattern which was consistantly in my experience/vision.

I was not scared at all, fear is not the right word to use, nor is terror, it was more of an incomprehensible acknowledgement of the unknown, a peak of startlement. I had a sense of linear time, i acknowledged that this process had started, and had been going on for some time, it could have been 40 seconds or 15 minutes, i did not know. But i then had a desire to embrace this nightmarish experience. The whole time i felt like i was at the will of some huge database of information, that i had access too and it was all flooding into me and i was not prepared for such an experience. The only language based thought i had this entire time was "show me something". I had purely an intent to be shown something. The very moment i thought this, i saw tree line, possibly pine trees, on a hill, at night. I could see the stars faintly in the background. Then i saw a large ball of light come in from the left hand side, like a meteorite entering the atmosphere.

My first thought was, "is that all?" I was not happy with this experience or what i was being told, it was not enough, it was not intense enough, it did not contain enough information, it was not lucid enough, colorful enough or prophetic enough. I thought to myself again "is that all you got?". At this point i tried to wake myself up again (i guess due to my dissatisfaction, though i sort of did not want it to end, but it felt like my physical body was trying to pull me back), i tried to spit out my mouth a little bit, but all i could do was pucker my lips. this was nearing the end of the experience and i don't remember when it ended, but i remember being back in my body, in my bed, with my eyes closed, completely unwilling to open them. As my acknowledgement of the hallucination having subsided, i saw, in the center of my vision rainbow coloured lines leaving a middle point, i was only looking at one, but i could see others in my peripheral vision. It moved only 2 dimensionally, up down, left right. It looked strikingly similar to that snake game you use to get on early mobile phones. As this dissipated i opened my eyes and saw that i was under the covers of the bed and i had not pushed away the sheets (which i remember doing because i was hot and restless), i looked at my phone to check the message i dreamed i received, but i did not have any messages. I laid in bed for a few minutes totally shocked just thinking to myself, over and over "holy f**k, what the f**k just happened".

I would have to say, this is the most amazing experience of my life, it's intensity is still lingering within me, it induced excitement and astonishment within me. I had to go outside afterwards to make sure the world was still here and for some time after, and currently still am, seeing little balls of light or particles floating or moving around the atmosphere around me, depending on the backgrounds amount of light.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
And still 'they' want to tell us that it's all just a sleep paralysis dream glitch and to just ignore it.

Enjoy the ride! It gets more fascinating each time you make the trip.
edit on 14-9-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Wow, while reading I could really see pictures. Stare alone for that! Well unless it was a fever induced hallucination, you maybe had a SP and a astral travel at once. The cable description reminds me of that silver line many people describe. What about the women, do you know her? Do you live alone?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I had something similar happen to me. An ex had cheated on me - i was pretty devastated about it. After we'd had the arguments and fights then i decided i didn't want to split up we'd made up...

As I was waiting to go home at the bus stop my energy just slipped from me and I had to sit down. I remember being sat there like in a dream world, collapsed against the wall...then I floated out of my body, still sat legs crossed just looking at the top of me as my then gf was trying to wake me up all panicking. I felt like I had a choice to just leave if I wanted too, I was in a daze in my 'floated self' too, gazing at my lifeless body as my gf tried to get a reaction. After about 90seconds I thought 'i'd better get back' - i didn't know what was happening so not sure where this thought came from. Shortly after I came back in my body and woke with a gasp in shock. I went back to hers after this for a drink before attempting my trip home again...

I've had other psychic feelings before. I KNEW when something was happening, its a feeling in my stomach I get. The only way to explain is I KNOW its happening. Something happened with my mum i dont want to go into, but whilst I was out at the pub the feeling kicked in and i knew something was wrong, specifically with my mum... that night at my gfs i got a call from the hospital. I was right to feel that.

I've had the 'feeling' for football matches, I just 'know' when something will happen. I've predicted Rooneys broken foot 10minutes before it happened, dreamt about earthquakes and tsunamis then the day after they're on the main news (i know they happen all the time but not always in the paper). I've dreamt i was in a plane crash several times (i'm never scared in the dream tho, i know i'll survive) each time theres a plane crash in the same way (water, mountain) etc shown in the media.

I dreamt about the concordia crash before it happened, i even rememeber the carpet and layout of where I went. I'd explained the dream to a cousin before this happened as he was in it - then the crash happened - then the program on the crash on TV at a later date and it shown the area i was stuck, i then said to my cousin "thats where we were - to the right is a kitchen and stairway down on the opposite of the kitchen door, and the carpet changes from purple to blue on the stairs..." i said it real quick too to make sure incase it shown it - and it did.

I've had deja vu dream - where i dream of something normal (a woman dropping a bag, a car with a a light missin) and then the day after i see it. I've started to write dreams down to prove to myself that this is happening.

However, after saying all this I dont feel like i've got some psychic power. If I do I don't know how to use it - i just get this 'feeling'. Its sort of an excited or scared feeling. I've not tried to 'train' it to do anything, just note what happens and any other strange 'predictions' my brain makes.

The most worrying one is a dream I had when 15 (10year before i was a 'conspiracy theorist) that last only a few minutes. I ran round the corner from my house too look at 'something' when I got round the corner my old brother came running to me in a panic too - he said "whats going on", i explain to him "its happening now" like I knew what was coming, then a massive fireball hits earth followed by intense heat (i woke up reallly hot) you could see the blast coming and my brother said "what now??" I said calmly back "this is it..." then the blast hit us I woke up.
Last year - i was talking to my brother about the satellite that was crashing to earth (Sep 11) and he told me he keeps having this dream of a fireball hitting earth and i come running over to him, just as it hits i say something, but he never knows what i say... I told him my dream. We were both pretty shocked. But yet still skeptical. Sometimes I need to hear or see something 'unbelievable' several times to beleive it or pay enough attention.

People seem to always come to me for help too - and the help i give seems to really help them. Yet I can't help myself when i'm struggling with stress or things, i dont know what to do at the time etc. I always pull through but the advice i give never kicks in when i'm the one on the wrong end.

When I read some things on ATS or the internet, I get the feeling. I feel connected in some way to something. Some energy. I dont know what, or how it works but i definitely feel it. I've heard stories we're all connected some way, or we're all 'beings of light' or other stories. Theres that many i dont know which are true - part of some link to others and some make more sense than others but i've never found an answer yet.

I think this is why i'm drawn to sites like this. I think thats why a lot of people have an 'awakening' or something in their life leads them on a path to try to find this enlightenment. Nature seems the answer - being connected to this Earth or Space and Time or What... Ive yet to find the connection.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by StareDad
Wow, while reading I could really see pictures. Stare alone for that! Well unless it was a fever induced hallucination, you maybe had a SP and a astral travel at once. The cable description reminds me of that silver line many people describe. What about the women, do you know her? Do you live alone?

I know of the silver cable people talk about, i did not acknowledge it at the time though. i could not 'see' it, it was almost as if it was invisible but my mind was creating the an imaginary acknowledgement of what was really there.

As for a fever, i'm not sick enough for that explanation i believe, only a minor chest infection it would seem, just congestion, which i assumed accounted for the initial fatigue. The women i did not know, currently my mother lives with me, though she is not here permanently. It did not look like her, it looked like a younger woman, in her twenties, black hair, neat sort of short dress possibly. Though i think the more i think about her, the more i create a memory rather then a recollection of the memory.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by masontaft

I know what you are saying, i've never considered myself psychic in anyway, i don't think anyone is, because to me, that implies they possess a form of communication or potential that others do not. I am of the opinion anyone and everyone can experience these things, there is just barriers, perhaps in their own psyche, their own lack of acknowledgement might contribute to that. Just saying 'i believe in god' is not good enough to open yourself up, i believe it's an epiphany styled genuine realization that this is real, and not just an idea, that it is a literal, physical, mental, energetic thing that is literally happening or can happen.

I've had a few dreams where i've 'predicted the future', i've posted a couple of them before, but the first one i had, simply put, i had a lucid dream of a friend screaming after i told him this was just a dream. This friend whom i had not seen in at least a year, randomly came around out of the blue and told me he had been having night terrors where he would scream in his sleep and recently had a dream where aliens were chasing him down (hes catholic and would almost never consider such a thing being real).

I've had many many dreams about lights in the sky or lights coming down to earth, as well as a dream where i was with a person i use to know at primary school, i looked out the window and a huge wall of white light washed across the planet, and i felt the most love i have ever felt in my entire life, i attributed to a metaphor of what people would call ascension.

Personally i think lights coming to earth is more of a metaphor than a literal event, light is energy and energy is arguably a form of communication, as everything in existence can be seen as communication, or relationships between things, so i would say the light represents earth gaining information or being spoken to. I guess you could attribute this to Terence Mckennas timewave zero, the mayan prophecy, the whole 2012 scenario basically.

Either way, these events have been happening for thousands of years but our western, consumer industrialized capitalistic, materialistic fetishism refused to acknowledge anything that can't be hit with a hammer so to speak. That is why i think the small amount of people who are open to these experiences will experience them, i think its possible it also happens to basically tell people "hey, things aren't what they seem, so let us prepare you".

And similarly, this even has caused me to start a dream diary, friends have mentioned it before and ive thought about it for many many years as i've been a vivid dreamer for as long as i can remember.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

So did you asked her if she was the one who entered the room, screaming?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I think these things are currently beyond what we can even suppose, but i also think that if you have the right intent, clarity and right understanding or acknowledgement, you can frequent these experiences to the point of harnessing them so to speak. It's all part of the ride, do we really want to know the answers yet?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Get the truth from Prometheus?
ATS 101

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by StareDad

She was not home when this happened, she arrived about 3 hours after it happened and i told her everything that happened, it did not trigger any deja vu or memories within her.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

edit on 14-9-2012 by BeforeTheHangmansNoose because: duplicate post for some reason

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

spooky
I tried it one time, I achieved it with reality checks, several times a day I tested if I can stick my index finger through the other hand. Off course it did not happen so I knew I was not dreaming. Then, every evening I said to myself when I wake up next time I dream and one time it worked. I woke up in a mixture of my previous 3 rooms I lived in, totally strange. I remembered to stay focused on tasks because I read in that guide that you have to be busy all the time and if you stop you loose contact or so.

However I woke up and the first thing I did after looking around was walking straight through the wall into the living room where my roommates cat freaked out and I woke up. I don´t know if I dreamed that up and included the cat freaking out into the dream or the cat freaked out because of me. That would be strange and the cat would have be able to see astral travelers -if it works- and -if if they are really detectable in the RL-

addition: what I wanted to write is that when walking through the closet and the wall into the living room I had fast flashes of what I felt was like smell and taste combined. The wood, the plastic layer ontop of it, empty space, sandy and acidic, paint and another space, all flashing but not that I tasted it, I recognized them, would be better to say. really strange but it could have easy been a intense dream, too.
edit on 14-9-2012 by StareDad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I've sent a star your way as this topis has always been of interest to me.

I feel the same as you. People either have this or not, or are in tune or not. Those that have had these types of feelings really understand what the other is talking about. Try explaining this to a 'sheeple' and you'll be laughed at or ridiculed. You have to know to KNOW.

On the other part - i do feel its a message of some kind. Some kind of awakening or enlightenment, or even ascension. Things aren't as they are suppose to be - war, death, hunger, disease... something isn't right.

It seems strange to me I feel something big is about to happen - but i dont know what... only i'll not survive it BUT i'll be one of the people everyone will ask questions AFTER it happens or seek guidence from. It's just a weird feeling I get - part of the same one. Sort of like Neo in the Matrix without sounded like an idiot. It's hard to explain, but thankfully you've had similar experiences. As I am now, i'm not leader, i'm just someone who likes to help and open peoples eyes. I'm not sure I could be a leader - but part of me feels like i'll thrive after 'the event'.

I feel kinda stupid referring to an 'event' or 'after it happens' - especially being 2012 etc - but also i dont know what that means. I just know from past experiences that the feeling is 'real'.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by masontaft

I don't know if i feel we are on the brink of something, because my unfortunately rational mind always says "what makes you and your generation so special, why you?". To which i don't have an answer too. I use to lean towards it, but now i've just taken my seat as a spectator of existence, as much as i'd like to partake, i cannot stand our dead, decaying culture. However i know things will be clear in the next couple years.

We have always been taught and conditioned to assume that everything is the way it seems, it's heavily built into our psyche and it's a hard nut to crack. Guess you just gotta ride the wave while everyone else scurries around inflicting pain, ignorance and judgement on each other until they realize the rat race they are in.

new topics

top topics

join