It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ticket paid with 137 origami pigs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
A guy whose YouTube username is "Bacon Moose" has done something I find very funny. I like this kind of original ways to protest

My wife has done something similar once at the local supermarket when she used hundreds of 1 cent. of euro coins to pay all the groceries she bought

I got this ticket in a town where the cops (and absurd redlight cameras) are pretty much a money trap and that's it. I decided to pay in an appropriate manner - 137 origami pig $1 bills, put in a pair of dozen-donut dunkin donut boxes.

edit on 14-9-2012 by AQ6666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
That cashier is the personality-free person I've ever seen. He doesn't look the guy in the face or greet them or anything. NO sense of humor at all until his superior found it amusing.

edit on 14-9-2012 by Schkeptick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I think its childish. Both the origami and the 1c thing. The only thing it does is annoy the cashier. And they are not at fault

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by StareDad

Well, not sure about the cashier at the police station but the one at the supermarket was a very arrogant and rude person and my wife had a lot of complains against both the supermarket and this particular cashier.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
They should legally have to take it. It even says on the federal reserve note "this note is legal tender for all debts, public and private".

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Brilliant................the guy behind the counter says pretty little piggies........made me laugh...........

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

Well, maybe its not so funny to count all that dirty 1c coins for the one who has to do it and the others that maybe wait in line.

CX

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Lol thats funny.

Reminded me of when i was serving in Germany back in the 80's, i went to take a statement from someone, came out half an hour later to find my police car covered in bacon.

Was a pain to get off but we had to laugh.

CX.
edit on 14/9/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Awww poor fat boy would have to take time out of his busy day, over-exert himself unfolding the pig-shaped dollars, breaking a sweat and all. Boo HOO

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by StareDad

Don`t worry, it wasn`t at a busy time and there are several lines in the supermarket

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

All cool, just have relates that told me nearly the same just from the cashiers sight. Therefore I know both sides and the side I know better is not amused

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

somebody else posted this
AFTER you

so as to not waste my post there [in case it's deleted]:

Originally posted by Hawking
It took over 4 hours to fold them?

What an idiot

no, the idiocy was in being a good little sheeple and following orders
he was making a statement, and then allowed himself to be censured.

i would have informed the ULB at the window that he could have left the unfolding to the bank [lol, i know]
and that my video recording [having recorded it's image in detail beforehand] would serve as sufficient legal evidence of my payment of the fine, and walking away,while also informing him of the choices available: rejecting the payment, and open himself and his agency to getting the fine dropped in court later on [this would cost more than $137, btw], simply accepting the money and stamping the fine paid, or taking the money, and claim the fine still unpaid leaving him and his agency liable for harsher accusations.

of course that's just me, not that i would ever be caught dead paying a fine.
the only time i ever did get fined in my life, the cop forgot to put the date on the ticket, thus invalidating it. after pointing this out to a few ULB's their solution was to ask me when the event occurred so that a new ticket [it was $5K btw] could be writ up and i'd be able to pay my fine.

i laughed in their faces: " you F up, give out an invalid ticket that can not be legally enforced, and expect me to bend over backwards and help you rip me off for $5k i don't have? HAHAHAHAHA!!!! i tossed it on the desk and walked calmly out, hoping to get busted [and win a few million in court], but nope, nobody came after me, and the municipality of san juan had to eat the ticket.

edit on 22-9-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

edit on 22-9-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: fixed so as to not fall afoul of excessive posting, errm quoting ban i meant

edit on 22-9-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: see previous edit

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
A recent viral video shows a male who pulled an appealing stunt in an act of spite at a courthouse. The male in the video, whose name is unknown but goes by the user name “Bacon Moose” on YouTube, sustained a traffic fine. Naturally, he folded 137 $1 bills into origami pigs, arranged them in two donut boxes and dropped them off. Origami pigs are pretty novel. Usually, when people get cute about paying parking tickets, it’s usually people paying parking tickets with pennies. It was really a funny incident. Reading the story made me laugh for the day.

new topics

top topics

join