It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do some people have a natural repellent to mosquitos?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Logged and worked the bush for twenty eight long years.....
Didnt shave or cut my hair for the last sixteen years.....never had a mosquito problem when fully beareded and haired.
The trick is to start taking vitamin B complex for a month before starting into the bush...it keeps the mosquitos at bay....you must smell bad to their nose or something.....
Vitamin B complex....its one of the Bs so take em all in one pill.......really works

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
reply to post by DocHolidaze

The same people that don't get bothered by mosquito's too often, also don't get bit by other biting insects.

Biting insects love my wife, but I can be outside all day and never get bothered with any of them...I thought it was because all I drink is Mtn Dew, hum' didn't know they were others out there like me.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
so it seem opposites do attract. as u can see alot of stories here my wife gets bite but i dont, hopefully us anti buggers will create a new generation of ultra resilent offspring, the next step in human evolution...............

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

One of the blood types mozzies don't like but also mozzies won't bite if you don't have sugar

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Perhaps you don't overly display the signals to tell the bugs your lunch.

I believe Misqitoes track by body heat, carbon dioxide from breath and I am sure alot of other things. Perhaps you don't exhale as much as other tempting targets around you. Thus are less attractive to the bugs.

One way to test is to go out in forest solo and see how much you are bitten

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus
I have the exact opposite problem. I'm allergic to mosquitoes but unfortunately they seem to find my blood an utter delicacy. I have to sleep with my head under the sheets throughout most of summer otherwise I get eaten alive during the night

We are too were plagued during the night by mozzies also... BUT invested in a GODSEND $10 light nylon mosquito net with built-in round plastic hoop at the top to keep it in shape. The net hangs from a metal cup hook screwed into a ceiling joist - tucks behind the headboard when not in use during the winter months and when in use spreads 3/4 way down our double bed (keep your legs in the bed - lol). Combined with a bedside electric fan to keep cool in the heat and to blow the little suckers away! WARNING! - Check first that the inside of the net is clear of the varmints. Once my missus got up during the night and unknowingly trapped me into the net with a Mozzy inside. I woke up WTF? I'm bitten to hell! LOL!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join