It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kate Topless Photos Are 'Grotesque Invasion'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Kate Topless Photos Are 'Grotesque Invasion'

news.sky.com

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have said the publication of photographs showing Kate topless on holiday is a "grotesque and unjustifiable" invasion of their privacy.

French magazine Closer published the pictures today.

St James's Palace has confirmed the pictures are of Kate and in a statement said the royal couple are "saddened" by their publication.

The images show the Duchess topless on the terrace of a private house in France.

"The incident is reminiscent of the worst excesses of the press and paparazzi during the life of Diana, Princess of Wales, and all the more upse
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
On Sky News they've just been discussing the subject of whether or not this could be a criminal act or not?

Fair point, i guarantee that if i went out with a long range lens and took pictures of a woman in the nude/topless/whatever, i'd be arrested in a shot.

After the fiasco with Diana in Paris all those years ago , this has always been such a delicate subject. I think this is hardly going to go down well with the public, British or French.

Some would say that a member of the royal family shouldn't be topless in public view if they didn't want to be seen as "fair game" for the press. Then again by the sounds of it, this picture was taken with a long range lens (not sure how long), so there was an extra effort made to get this pic.

Much as we love to hate them, the media do have an important job to do, and at times they do it well. However things like this just show the scummier side of the press.

Quite sad really.

CX.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
If you go naked outside then people are going to look and take pictures. If you are living off your celebrity .. like Kate .. then you should know better than to go outside naked. Seems like stupidity on her part.

CX

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Good point, but at what point do you have to respect someones privacy, even if they are celebs?

CX.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

I don't see what the big deal is regarding this. It is a pair of tit's for goodness sake! Not seen the pics but i'm guessing she is probably topless on a beach or boat or similar, in other words in public - like millions of other women around the world.

At the end of the day, if she didn't want pictures taking of her tits, she shouldn't have got them out in a public place.

I would have a problem with it if, say, the pics are taken through a window or similar (ie she was inside at the time) as that would be a gross invasion of privacy - more like the Harry incident which i do think was out of order.

ETA:

Ahhh, see Flyersfan beat me to it!
edit on 14-9-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
If you go naked outside then people are going to look and take pictures. If you are living off your celebrity .. like Kate .. then you should know better than to go outside naked. Seems like stupidity on her part.

you hit the nail on the head

she accepts the chance to extreme privilege with her eyes open as to what that entails, if she's got half a brain in her head she should expect this and cover her lady bumps if she does not want them photographed.

CX

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Just had a Google.....as you do.....and they seem to be taken by a swimming pool. A private swimming pool.

Not a boat in the ocean, not a public beach.

That in my opinion is out of order.

I wonder if The Sun here in the UK will follow suit like they did with the pics of Harry......i hope they do as that will be them. (The end of the Sun i mean, they are on thin ice as it is).

CX.
edit on 14/9/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

pics or it didnt happen lol

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

but she is the future queen, sun bathing topless - should she not have expected this before she decided to even start a relationship with the heir to the throne and realise that it may have an impact on her privacy, making her one of the most photographed people on the planet?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

My opinion is that whoever took the photo should be arrested immediately, I think this warrants a 10 year sentence. The publication that published the photos should be smacked with a multi million dollar lawsuit and the editor should face criminal charges. She may be the duchess, but she is also a person. What if that was your wife, your daughter?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
reply to post by CX

but she is the future queen, sun bathing topless - should she not have expected this before she decided to even start a relationship with the heir to the throne and realise that it may have an impact on her privacy, making her one of the most photographed people on the planet?

Realizing it may be a possibility does not make it right for it to be done.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

but she has to deal with reality

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

reply to post by CX

It is a pair of tits. We all have them, male and female. Some are just much nicer than others! I really don't see the problem here.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
what bothers me about this is that she was on a balcony of a private home on private land and these paparazzi scum creep around with long lenses to get pictures.... it is totally soul destroying to see that humanity has devolved to such a level that our future queens breast are fair game for the press and it isn't because i have placed her on a pedestal due to her position, i just hate the fact that this is somehow headline news....all this celebrity bulls**t annoys me because really in the grand scheme of things it is so insignificant that giving it so much attention is morally perverse............

don't get me wrong i love a good pair of tits as much as the next guy but this is not journalism it's blatant invasion of privacy.......i can see charges being brought for this...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

reply to post by OccamsRazor04

but she has to deal with reality

And they should have to deal with consequences. Then maybe she wouldn't have to deal with reality. Know what, the "reality" is your wife and daughter caught my eye. It is now my mission to capture them in every embarassing way possible, preferably nude, and post it all over the web. That's reality, you don't mind right?

Just because people are likely to do something does not make that something right. They should suffer until these things are NOT a reality.
edit on 14-9-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Does anyone really care that much though? I mean honestly, there's plenty of things I find more interesting than a topless photo of the Duchess.

I think they belive they're more popular than they really are.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x

Totally agree about the celebrity obsession but, to a degree, this has always been present. For example, when our past Kings and Queens went on tour around the country populations would turn out simply to get a glimpse. Or people lining the streets to welcome back victorious generals (pick a country or a time in history).

I wouldn't mind the paparazzi as much if they were trying to get long lens shots of the latest experiments at CERN or whatever but when it is Billy Big Boots (choose vacuous celeb) carrying out more shameless self promotion it kind of leaves a bad taste (in my mouth anyway).

Maybe i'm just becoming a grump though!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MartyrCollect
Does anyone really care that much though? I mean honestly, there's plenty of things I find more interesting than a topless photo of the Duchess.

I think they belive they're more popular than they really are.

I'm sure she's now gained more support from young males.

I mean, she a pretty woman and I'm sure most straight blokes would love to see a Princess's tits.
edit on 14-9-2012 by Tykonos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
if she had not accepted the privilege on offer, then she would possibly have her wazzo's out on a beach in benidorm or wherever else, and we could see them wherever, and actually photograph them with impunity.

she's not an idiot, she must have known that this would happen, and chose to do it anyway - after all she knows what the press are like, it's hardly new.

perhaps considering that she is the future queen, she should have realised that some sacrifice comes with that privilege/responsibility and that includes not sunbathing topless as that kinda removes the percieved dignity of her future position.

so that leaves me thinking she did it thinking either "hang the consequences" or it's a nice bit of media manipulation from her to make her more popular, gain sympathy and look more human and terribly modern.
edit on 14-9-2012 by skalla because: clarity

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by Ph03n1x

Totally agree about the celebrity obsession but, to a degree, this has always been present. For example, when our past Kings and Queens went on tour around the country populations would turn out simply to get a glimpse. Or people lining the streets to welcome back victorious generals (pick a country or a time in history).

I wouldn't mind the paparazzi as much if they were trying to get long lens shots of the latest experiments at CERN or whatever but when it is Billy Big Boots (choose vacuous celeb) carrying out more shameless self promotion it kind of leaves a bad taste (in my mouth anyway).

Maybe i'm just becoming a grump though!

yes but turning up to see the royal family on a royal tour to get a glimpse is all well and good but that is a far cry from lurking in the woods outside a private home with a long lens camera waiting to snap a photo to sell to the tabloids.......

now if they wanted to aggressively pursue scientific discoveries like you say then i would be cool with that....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join