It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earths Unsolved X-Files (Part 1 of 3)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Love stuff like this...most of the time I have heard of them but I haven't heard of any of these so far. Good stuff and I gotta agree with the 2nd post

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

S&F Looking forward to II and III although I'm sure the list is endless on planet earth.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Great thread,star and flag from ,look forward to reading more.Just one thing,after a little reading,I feel the The Versailles time slip can be easily explained as a hoax carried out for financial gain,the two women wrote a book two months after the incident,there's no evidence apart from there word.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

HAHAHA! I think I know the books you're talking about, I used to read them as well. Ghosts, Zombies, Vampires, Bigfoot etc... I miss being a kid, the world was so much more wonderful back then.

To the OP.

Great Post, I always find this kind of stuff interesting I'll be following this all weekend. S+F for you!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I heard about the first one, but not the last three. Interesting thread, You aroused my interest in the stories and than I felt like I fell off a cliff when you ended it.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
has anyone heard of the oak island mystery its worth a look

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by shyster
has anyone heard of the oak island mystery its worth a look

Ya, that's a good one...also the story of the Beale cipher, it's another one that has kept me interested over the years.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
S&F really nice tread. I just love this stories. Can´t wait for tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Great post!

Looking forward to tomorrow!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
SandF Sublimecraft. I hope this thread goes on to be an all time ATS Olympic Gold winner of 3,000+ pages. You are coming up with some great stories. The end of one, leaves me hungry for the next.....

Des

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
www.damninteresting.com... all of these and more can be (or probably were) found here, no need to wait.
edit on 14-9-2012 by WhoWhatWhy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Great thread!

1 and 3, though, could they just possibly be flights-of-fancy invented by the individuals reporting them? Perhaps the two women, who reported signs of some kind of faintness (dehydration, heat exhaustion, etc) may have just imagined the whole thing, overcome by the historicity of the location, and fueled by their own delusions.

In the case of the bomb... there's no evidence it ever exploded... so why would it be a miracle if a bomb that ended up being a dud... did not do what it was supposed to? Near as I can tell, from the description, is was a tank filled with gasoline. This won't necessarily explode, only burn. So, something that isn't a bomb, but can burn you, results in no explosion, but serious burns... perhaps we have the answer?

The other three are definitely mysterious, and ones I've read about before.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
i love this stuff, also. i go to a website frequently called Listverse that has lists of great stuff. the crime and mystery section has similar stuff as these cases. check it out.

listverse.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoWhatWhy
www.damninteresting.com... all of these and more can be (or probably were) found here, no need to wait.
edit on 14-9-2012 by WhoWhatWhy because: (no reason given)

Thank you, but I'd rather wait. Sublimecraft has a writing style that makes it worth the wait. Plus, he's hand picking the best for us. And, it on ATS....

Des

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This first mystery involves a man in circumstances dated a little later than the Beale cipher or Omar Khayyam.
They would have been collecting Naval intelligence out at the US base in Australia so that fits.
Probably a similar operation too Arecibo but maybe without the supercooled receivers.

Lots of interesting links about Omar Khayyam.

www.peejeshare.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

LOVE LOVE LOVE this thread! Thanks for all the hard work you put into it

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
S&F op that was a great read can't wait for parts 2 and 3

Only story I have heard of was the Taman Shud case, all the others are new to me so thank you for bringing this to my attention.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

If you want a link, just google all the stuff thats quoted..?
Im sure it wouldnt be that hard to find the link.

Im surprised this thread has so many s/f. Its just the same stories rehashed on this site. And its all copy/pasted.
Isnt there some rule about this?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

You do realize hes not writing any of this right? Its all copy/paste from the web.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I can answer the number #4 on the best I can.

If it was a bomb, then there must of been a trigger, so because the trigger went off prematurely that means something, or someone, just made the connection that said, "Blow up." It did, but at the same time, made it's power not as great, kind of like a heavy metal bowl over a bomb. But if the theory is correct, then it was kind of like a shield with holes.

Theory one, complete.

Theory two, That must be some serious construction work right there, school designed to withstand that kind of brute force, nice!

Oh, will you also include the Zone of Silence?
edit on 14-9-2012 by FreedomCommander because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join