It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Hi all

I hope this is in the right section of the forum ?.

Any way.

I have a Galaxy tab 2 10.1 p5110

I have been trying for a few days to install CM10 and managed to complete this. The problem started when I went to check if the tab was rooted and it cam back with a NO. So I tried to install root again via CW which seemed to install fine but still no Root, I then cam across a thread saying I could try to install via Odin so I tried this method which failed the first time, so I tried again. The tab now is saying that I must start a recovery mode in KIES I have tried booting in CW and download mode but to no avail.

I have searched the net and people recommend that I download KIES and start from there.

Is this the best solution as Im hit a wall now.

Thanks peeps

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
hi.. to use those you have to root first . then install busybox and superuser. theres an file to root - universal gingerbread root - download it then with tab in recovery mode select update file ... it will install then it will reboot.. if your running icecream sandwich theres root file for it too.. check xda-developers forums they cover it all quite well there.. my english is limited.. hope was help...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Yes I already rooted first, but it did not seem to work. so I tried to root again and now it seems to be bricked???

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
apologies slow reply.. just finish dinner here...
ahh .. ok.. couple links that should be of help to you..

to unbrick your tab : http:// forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1133590
to root your tab : http:// forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1788625
you will have to unbrick first then reroot ... they have all the files and steps you need ..
alot of good info on xda .. learned alot there about android still learning yet myself on it ...
hope this helps

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I think I have sorted it !

You will be amazed at what fire can do lol

out of my hair and in the bin

Thank for your help.

top topics

join