It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't believe that the Loch Ness monster exists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I don't believe that the Loch Ness monster exists. However, I don't go around ridiculing people who believe in the Loch Ness monster. I don't feel the need to read literature that explains why believing in the Loch Ness monster is irrational. I don't buy/use merchandise that promotes the idea that there is no Loch Ness monster. The fact that there are people who believe in the Loch Ness monster does not affect me or the way I live my life.

If my neighbors or friends are believers in the Loch Ness monster I will treat them as I would treat anybody else, with their belief in the Loch Ness monster not influencing the way I deal with them. If they have a Loch Ness monster festival going on, I will go up to them, smile and wish them a happy Loch Ness monster festival, or whatever its called....and I will do it sincerely, without thinking "what an idiot, he believes in this lake dwelling monster that has not been proven to exist".

If someone who fanatically believes in the Loch Ness monster makes trouble for me, for the sole reason that I don't believe that the Loch Ness monster exists, I will do what I can do to put him in place. If a group of believers in the Loch Ness monster are hurting innocents, I as a non-believer in the Loch Ness monster will shake my head in disgust. However, I will NOT cite the bad things perpetrated by certain believers in the Loch Ness monster and make a statement that belief in the Loch Ness monster is a threat to society, because I know that many believers in the Loch Ness monster are good people and live their lives peacefully.

I fully understand that believers in the Loch Ness monster are also trying to earn a living and provide for their families. They too worry about rising prices, crime, political corruption, wars and so on. I do not believe that holding a belief in the Loch Ness monster would change any of that.

That is all.

edit on 14-9-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
This is to God like the porcupine tale is about homosexuality

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Yeah, like you say, Nessie does not exist, but people's livelihoods do.....

Every so often there is a piece in the news about the monster being seen, but it's just to propel publicity at certain times of the year for all the oversea's visitors who are visiting the UK to take a trip to Scotland and rob them out of their good money for something that they can't even see and will never see.........

Americans love it, I have seen them fighting over monster figurines on sale because they are told it is the last one in stock and no more will be available and they barter until someone outbids the other. When those particular tourists have gone from the shop then the shop owner puts another figurine exactly the same as the last in the shop and the same scenario starts again..............Most entertaining....................I have even seen Americans fighting to buy Action Men toys that have been fitted with long hair and nailed to a wooden cross in shops in Israel................Now that was a delightful laugh...........buying such unnecessary and worthless crap................but whatever floats your boat I suppose...........

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

And if someone walks into a shopping mall screaming " praise be to loch mess monster " then blows them self up killing half your family , I guess you'll turn the other cheek ??

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by rick004

And if someone walks into a shopping mall screaming " praise be to loch mess monster " then blows them self up killing half your family , I guess you'll turn the other cheek ??

Believing that an unidentified cryptid lurks in the Loch Ness = / = Believing in a higher spiritual entity.
My point is that another persons belief system has no bearing on me or my life.

edit on 14-9-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Good metaphor, you also forgot to mention when the believers of loch Ness monster run for president and try to make the rules of the entire country according to the Loch Ness monsters doctrine or believes, that's when l"eaving someone alone" ends. Or tell me that i'm a bad person because i don't believe in the Loch Ness and believe that Morality comes from Loch Ness monster.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Good metaphor, you also forgot to mention when the believers of loch Ness monster run for president and try to make the rules of the entire country according to the Loch Ness monsters doctrine or believes, that's when l"eaving someone alone" ends.

They would be balanced out by non-believers in the Loch Ness monster who would also seek positions of power or form organizations to silence the believers.

Also, the Loch Ness monster has nothing to do with doctrine... just a simple stance that there exists a cryptid in the Loch Ness.

Or tell me that i'm a bad person because i don't believe in the Loch Ness

Again, that works both ways.
In our not so perfect world, there would non-believers in the Loch Ness monster ridiculing somebody for believing in the Loch Ness monster.

As for the believers making trouble for non-believers... as I said in the OP
If someone who fanatically believes in the Loch Ness monster makes trouble for me, for the sole reason that I don't believe that the Loch Ness monster exists, I will do what I can do to put him in place.

and believe that Morality comes from Loch Ness monster.

I think you've misunderstood. The OP says "believe" in the Loch Ness monster in the sense.... that thing lives in a certain lake in Scotland.... NOT believe in it as a source of morality.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Good metaphor, you also forgot to mention when the believers of loch Ness monster run for president and try to make the rules of the entire country according to the Loch Ness monsters doctrine or believes, that's when l"eaving someone alone" ends. Or tell me that i'm a bad person because i don't believe in the Loch Ness and believe that Morality comes from Loch Ness monster.

Are you referring to Islamic Theocracies? In the US the President doesn't make laws, Congress does.

new topics

top topics

join