It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dollar no longer primary oil currency as China begins to sell oil using Yuan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

The Conspiracy Theorist in me says this was all part of the plan.
The Elite behind the scenes packed up the productive part of America to China, and now their completing the finishing touches.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
geez, next China is going to want their money repaid.

the dollar, oh the dollar, what will become of it. China has the balls and resources to pull this off these days with how totally screwed up the EU and the US have become and might i add in debt to China as well. lets look at it like this, if Greece had the Fed, they would "appear" to have a decent economy right now.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
That financial crisis that was on the horizon is now coming into closer view. A lot has been happening very quickly lately, but the the fall of the U.S. dollar has been like watching a train wreck in slow motion. I can see that the bridge ahead is washed out and the train isn't even trying to slow down. I'm headed for the last car, maybe that won't sustain as much damage in the crash.

1) Remove the Manufacturing Ability from the nation on a massive scale, which makes recuperating near impossible
Check

2) Remove the US Dollar as the worlds reserve currency
Check

3) Country Prints currency, again and again (QE1, QE2, QE3, QE?) to fight the inevitable, this ensuring its on destruction
Check - and coming soon

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I'm going to sell tail at 100 ego points a turn......got some ego?....lets talk.....irrelevant and stupid...china can suck it.....they are a slave nation pretending to matter...they could pretend they have a grand plan of salvation....they do not...they are a mass waiting for a leader....who could do such a thing...oh...perhaps the repulitards? I have an answer...be free you f'ers...stop waiting for the west to tell you how to be free in your own world....go grow some rice and live happily ever after...the rest is stupid at it's finest...
edit on 14-9-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
All hail the Amero!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Not sure if this was posted in response to your question but have you heard of the War of 1812? (This may or may not have anything to do with the dollar but it answers your question)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Oh, and I will gladly educate you a bit further as you seem to have nothing for me. China has spent a great deal of effort devaluating their currency. If they replaced the dollar their currency would skyrocket. What happens to a country who lives on cheap exports when their currency skyrockets?

You just print more money silly, what do you think the USA does? This is so so bad.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This was predicted months ago if not years, since early last 2 year I think.

Yes, this was predicted BEFORE the US debt ceiling vote.
Later, economist inform of China moving into the EUR, dumping USD slowly.

The reason China making this decision is mixed and multi faceted respond - Middle East stuff, unkept USD value, resource hunger (energy sector), cheaper oil
and an early response to USA moving into South China Sea/South East Asia; and the list goes on.

China is kinda fed up with USA.

For those who think China dont have strategic plan, you are terribly unaware of China ability. This is already their 2nd if not 3rd respond to US. For military stuff, yeah you are right, your punch is stronger, until you got hit, until then, yeah, keep convinced that yours are stronger.

Enter the new era, new leadership, new representative of the world - China. Whew, lucky us, their Navy kinda the lesser kind.

USA ? Oh thats kinda "irrelevant", just like Russia after collapse.
Too bad, USA did it by themselves, just like others.

Heads up: Soon India, Brazil, Russia and South Africa will denounce dollar, just expect it.
Google : Master Agreement on Extending Credit Facility in Local Currency and the Multilateral Letter of Credit Confirmation Facility Agreement. (main suspected reason)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacobe001

The Conspiracy Theorist in me says this was all part of the plan.
The Elite behind the scenes packed up the productive part of America to China, and now their completing the finishing touches.

I am the same too. You do have to wonder if the whole thing is orchestrated...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mardukiscoming

Please correct me if I am wrong.And I really hope I am wrong.
But to my understanding,this means that the U.S. just moved a little bit closer to being a Third World country.

I do not think America is becoming a third world country. Just having to learn she is now entitled to a smaller portion of the cake...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Build and create American made factories and undermine chinas poor and shoddy workmanship with grade A+ products, goods and services.
Have you been to a Walmart lately?

Why?

Because the goods there are cheaper and despite what Romney thinks, most Americans are just scraping by.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Build and create American made factories and undermine chinas poor and shoddy workmanship with grade A+ products, goods and services.

You get what you pay for. The Chinese are capable of making high end goods if someone is willing to buy them...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

go invade china, if you think they have no military power.

for all you know china could have 50,000 nukes. no one knows.

second, they're not going around the world invading countries.
so they don't need b-2 stealth bombers and nuclear carriers trying to dominate the world.

they're fighting the united states economically, starving it of resources and financial strength until it collapses upon itself.

the united states defeated the ussr without firing a single bullet or landing one boot on soviet soil.

china is doing the same thing to the united states.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09

Originally posted by boeserwolf
As with the downfall of any empire, the USA will become more and more irrelevant on the world stage. This is just the beginning.

How does the country with the greatest military machine in history EVER become"irrelevant"?

"Hey USA, what makes you so special?"
"We have the best protection in the world!"
"What do you have worth protecting?"
"...well our military stuff is really expensive. We need to protect that."
"Let me put it this way...anything worth taking?"
"Did we mention the military yet?"

USA USA USA !!!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

How does the country with the greatest military machine in history EVER become"irrelevant"?

It will reach a point when it cannot afford to run its military.. Same as what happened to the Roman Empire...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by WiseThinker

China has no military power. They are trying to flex political and economic power though. It will become news when their currency starts being used.

The PLA is the world's largest military force, with approximately 3 million members, and has the world's largest (active) standing army, with approximately 2.25 million members. The PLA comprises five main service branches, consisting of the PLA Ground Force, PLA Navy (PLAN), PLA Air Force (PLAAF), Second Artillery Corps (strategic missile force), and the PLA Reserve Force.

Chinese Military

I'd say they have a decent military.

General Liang Guanglie has claimed that China is 20 years behind the United States, but this is a good way to throw off an enemy.

They have upgraded weaponry, space based weapon systems, and there are reports of other weapons of varying degrees.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
It is interesting to note that Chinese Military spending is basically spent on inexpensive labor component and raw materials procurement.

US spending supports super executive salaries of private enterprise, multilayer profit margins and expensive material procurement.

The real value of the relative expenditure is a lot closer than some figures suggest. Another saving for China is that they often use alternative methods of initial R&D otherwise known as espionage.

China cannot project hostile assault forces at long range but then, they don't want to and they don't need to.

In recent times they have warned the US against any military moves. One of the more recent warnings was when the Chinese Navy surfaced an attack sub within killer range of an Aircraft Carrier and on the inside of the defense ring of the battle group.

Quite simply, the West has no idea what China's capabilities are except that they can blow Carrier Groups out of the water.

P

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

unfortunately, increased tariffs and taxes are passed onto the consumer to maintain corporate profits. You would have to make it a big move in order to make production within the US viable.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia unplugged their currency from the US dollar. They also said in 2007 they weren't accepting US dollars for oil. China's their biggest oil buyer now.

China's just working with the Sauds to not use the dollar anymore. How come the US didn't attack Saudi Arabia??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join