It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 per cent Brits clueless where their heart is located

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

But then again you have made a most convincing point. I can't bare that programme it's not allowed on in my house

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Most people don't know their arse from their elbow anyway! So what, more money for the heartless grabbers!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by leosnake

of course brits dont know how many teeth they have with there lack of oral hygiene im sure they all have different amounts lol

Lol....we get FREE dental care, so those with bad teeth are few and far between.
Im 32, ive not had any fillings, my teeth are what you would call perfect. I suppose having parents that cared enough to send me to the dentist twice a year for my first 18 years of life kinda helped.

ON TOPIC:

Walking around shopping centers talking to brain dead consumers about anything will yield poor results.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

of course brits dont know how many teeth they have with there lack of oral hygiene im sure they all have different amounts lol

do you know what a pratt is
just google it

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Just remember this, the average person is dumb. That means half of them are super dumb

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Just remember this, the average person is dumb. That means half of them are super dumb

So you mean dumb and dumber..............

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Personally I don't know my own blood type, never been in for an operation etc and if I did they'd probably do their own checks before connecting up the blood even if I told them what type I was

Probably 50% of the people survey'd were doctor who fans and wondered which heart do they want?

Oh yes does the UK have its own TAPS (Thick As Pig S**t) who can barely walk and breathe at the same time but luckily for me and suspiria we have them contained in Chell & Bentilee around here with a Hanley bus station for when they need to lick new windows

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I see threads like this on ATS sometimes. It's like a sickness with this online community--a survey is given where most people give wrong answers and then we all get treated to the arrogance of ATS:

"Ha ha ha......I, of course, know the right answer for every single question on that survey. "Regular" people are so dumb. But I am on ATS--I am amazing.....I am brilliant....me me me......me me................oh yeah.....me."

Fringe thinking does not equal intelligent thinking.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333
I see threads like this on ATS sometimes. It's like a sickness with this online community--a survey is given where most people give wrong answers and then we all get treated to the arrogance of ATS:

"Ha ha ha......I, of course, know the right answer for every single question on that survey. "Regular" people are so dumb. But I am on ATS--I am amazing.....I am brilliant....me me me......me me................oh yeah.....me."

Fringe thinking does not equal intelligent thinking.

You've never been to Bentilee have you?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It's totally out of context and not a legitimate study.

Although people like to claim the education levels are dismal, I generally like to go by the literacy rate to determine these things. And it appears the literacy rate is 99%+ for the UK.

Most of the world falls under that literacy rate %, in comparison.

The reason I use the literacy rate as a criteria is because if they can read than they can be educated.

For example I know this one guy, I think he's like 17 or so years old. He seems like a very normal kid and seems really "slow" and "ignorant". However, he wanted to know where I was the other day because he claimed "I always learn something new when that guy is around".

Goes to show you, judging someone like this reveals our own inner ignorance and prejudice. There I was thinking this kid was "slow", and it turns out he has been thinking-listening the whole time. Thankfully I treat people as intelligent and talk to them in that manner as principle.

I also am convinced that if a person's brain works, they can learn anything and think of anything that I or anyone else can. It really boils down to motivation. Most people are not motivated to learn new things and question their ideas and seek answers.

All we really gotta do is motivate people to realize that learning is beneficial and will raise their standards of living drastically. Think constructively, help our fellow man reach new heights. Uplift our peoples from the depths of ignorance.

You wanna know what is really stupid? Refusing to use your own gifts or powers to improve the world around you for everyone across the board.

Knowledge isn't something you keep to yourself and brag about, using it to ridicule those who do not have it. It is meant to be shared and spread freely in pursuit of improving everything.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Not to nitpick, but i find it hard to believe that both lungs are exactly the same size. There would have to be slight differences. Having both lungs be perfect mirror images would be quite amazing IMO.

So if i am correct and both lungs are not exactly identical, wouldn't it stand to reason that one would be larger, even if the difference is very slight?

Before reading this i had never payed any mind to the size of my lungs, but if i was put on the spot and asked the same question my educated guess would be that one is slightly larger than the other.

DC

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Gotta be honest...about half of that stuff, I didn't know either...

How am I supposed to know how many pints of blood we need? I'm not a doctor, and I don't measure my blood as it's pouring out!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Some people don't know this stuff because it's not relevant to their life. Do you want to know the average lifespan of a blue sea slug if you're an automotive engineer? Do you want to know the precise number of ounces of bamboo a koala consumes every day when you work as a firefighter?

Exactly. Sometimes, there's information that cool, information that's necessary, and information that we really couldn't care less about. And the blood-processing ratio between the liver and the pancreas is information that I'm fairly certain I could live my whole life not knowing.

Unless I planned to impress a smokin' hot nursing student, that is.
edit on 14-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
i think a lot of people give wrong answers on purpose because they think they are being funny.
How was this survey conducted? did they go to pubs at midnight and ask people to take a survey/
did they stop people on the street as they were rushing to work and ask them to answer some survey questions/
did they call people on the phone unsolicited and ask them to answer survey questions?

in each of those situations it`s very likely that people gave wrong answers just to be funny or to get the survey over with fast so that they could get back do doing what they need to do.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Dang! I know stupid people that can't tell there ass from there head.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
lets put it another way - do 50% of britons NEED to know where the human heart is ?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

i dont have the mental capacity to google.........

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join