50 per cent Brits clueless where their heart is located

page: 3
2
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit
 


the daily mail relies on that shock and misinfo


and i know you were not being mean, but as a counterpoint to whats in the survey, i work with teens with conditions that run from severe learning difficulties to just being NEDs/NEETs from rotten backgrounds, and they far exceed the intelligence implied in the article!




posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker
 


Originally posted by yourmaker
100% of people don't realize they are living on a planet in an infinite universe in some random galaxy.

The universe is not infinite. It is currently estimated to be 93 billion light years wide.



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ph03n1x

Originally posted by davethebear
I don't think that these statistics are very true, especially coming from the Daily Mail newspaper.....

Going by the way that the young generation are here in the UK and their lack of knowledge, intelligence and normal everyday communication skills. Such easy questions as, how many teeth does a person have? Which side of your body is your heart located? and how much blood is in the human body? does not surprise me in the least that they do not know.............

One main reason is because they don't shut the F**K up in class long enough so that any king of information can penetrate their brain cells....................



You are wrong about the lack of knowledge and intelligence in our youths..... you are judging based on preconceptions all that does for me is call into question your own level of intelligence...... just sayin


Well I have been teaching in schools for the last 17 years and I can assure you that their lack of knowledge is brought about due to the fact that they never have their mouth shut long enough to actually take in any information. They would rather be sent from the class than have their own conversations disrupted within the class. Even when they are told to leave the class there is no punishment in order for them to hopefully not continue with the same behaviour in the future compared to when I was at school.....

I don't suppose you live in the East End of London do you? That is where I teach, well try and teach. I am a good teacher, many of my colleagues are also good teachers, but I can assure you that the way things are going there are going to be serious problems arising in future generations regarding education and employment....

As for questioning my intelligence, you don't even know me...............


CX

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Maybe they are talking about the hearts of our politicians.....i got a qualification in Anatomy and Physiology and even i couldn't tell you where they are.


CX.



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
reply to post by TrueBrit
 


the daily mail relies on that shock and misinfo


and i know you were not being mean, but as a counterpoint to whats in the survey, i work with teens with conditions that run from severe learning difficulties to just being NEDs/NEETs from rotten backgrounds, and they far exceed the intelligence implied in the article!


I understand your point, and I agree that it is rare to find someone who has not the intelligence to understand these things, but it is by no means rare to find people who have willfully, or through the action of an uncaring educational establisment, failed to be given, or to accept input.

Intellect on its own, will avail one of very little, if one is not given access to, or desires access to, information. The point I am making, is that in my personal expirience, there is a cultural element to this in some cases deliberate avoidance of education and learning, which has nothing to do with capacity, but more to do with the idiot group mind, oppressing the needs of the individual intellect in question. That has been going on for years, and is a sickness related to the way our nations culture has changed. We focus far to much now, on appearance, on what we are clothed in, what we drive, and what we earn, and far to little on what we know, what we are learning, and keeping our minds sharp.



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear

Originally posted by Ph03n1x

Originally posted by davethebear
I don't think that these statistics are very true, especially coming from the Daily Mail newspaper.....

Going by the way that the young generation are here in the UK and their lack of knowledge, intelligence and normal everyday communication skills. Such easy questions as, how many teeth does a person have? Which side of your body is your heart located? and how much blood is in the human body? does not surprise me in the least that they do not know.............

One main reason is because they don't shut the F**K up in class long enough so that any king of information can penetrate their brain cells....................



You are wrong about the lack of knowledge and intelligence in our youths..... you are judging based on preconceptions all that does for me is call into question your own level of intelligence...... just sayin


Well I have been teaching in schools for the last 17 years and I can assure you that their lack of knowledge is brought about due to the fact that they never have their mouth shut long enough to actually take in any information. They would rather be sent from the class than have their own conversations disrupted within the class. Even when they are told to leave the class there is no punishment in order for them to hopefully not continue with the same behaviour in the future compared to when I was at school.....

I don't suppose you live in the East End of London do you? That is where I teach, well try and teach. I am a good teacher, many of my colleagues are also good teachers, but I can assure you that the way things are going there are going to be serious problems arising in future generations regarding education and employment....

As for questioning my intelligence, you don't even know me...............


Ex teacher here.......couldn't agree more. Frankly very depressing at times these days in a classroom. Even the good kids do not like being interrupted mid conversation......and as for mobile bloody phones.......



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The whole world is full of idiots. The sooner you know that, the sooner a lot of everything makes sense.

A lot of conspiracies that are flung around here on ATS revolve around super intelligent people having super intelligent secret plans, but really, the conspiracies can all be explained by knowing the world is full of idiots, and most things are coincidence.



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
reply to post by yourmaker
 


Originally posted by yourmaker
100% of people don't realize they are living on a planet in an infinite universe in some random galaxy.

The universe is not infinite. It is currently estimated to be 93 billion light years wide.


isnt that the visable universe



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
100% of people don't realize they are living on a planet in an infinite universe in some random galaxy.

The universe is not infinite. It is currently estimated to be 93 billion light years wide.

Keyword ESTIMATED....

Meaning, you don't know.
edit on 14-9-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by senselessness
 

I put "estimated" myself, because the universe is constantly expanding, and the 93 billion figure was from one or two years ago. The point is, the universe is not INFINITE.



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear

Originally posted by Ph03n1x

Originally posted by davethebear
I don't think that these statistics are very true, especially coming from the Daily Mail newspaper.....

Going by the way that the young generation are here in the UK and their lack of knowledge, intelligence and normal everyday communication skills. Such easy questions as, how many teeth does a person have? Which side of your body is your heart located? and how much blood is in the human body? does not surprise me in the least that they do not know.............

One main reason is because they don't shut the F**K up in class long enough so that any king of information can penetrate their brain cells....................



You are wrong about the lack of knowledge and intelligence in our youths..... you are judging based on preconceptions all that does for me is call into question your own level of intelligence...... just sayin


Well I have been teaching in schools for the last 17 years and I can assure you that their lack of knowledge is brought about due to the fact that they never have their mouth shut long enough to actually take in any information. They would rather be sent from the class than have their own conversations disrupted within the class. Even when they are told to leave the class there is no punishment in order for them to hopefully not continue with the same behaviour in the future compared to when I was at school.....

I don't suppose you live in the East End of London do you? That is where I teach, well try and teach. I am a good teacher, many of my colleagues are also good teachers, but I can assure you that the way things are going there are going to be serious problems arising in future generations regarding education and employment....

As for questioning my intelligence, you don't even know me...............



yes well be that as it may.... not all pupils are as you described. like it or not you are judging the masses on the behaviour of a few not a very good trait for an educator if you ask me. obviously your own experiences are forming the basis of your opinion but you are one teacher of thousands and i would assume you wouldn't judge all teachers on a few bad ones (they are out there). all i'm saying is don't judge all our youth on the traits of the few because if the people that educate our children have given up on them then the world is truly lost.

edit on 14-9-2012 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by leosnake
 


of course brits dont know how many teeth they have with there lack of oral hygiene im sure they all have different amounts lol

I am British born and bread there is nothing wrong with British oral hygiene we have good teeth ,
As you can see by my gorgeous smile



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Survey must have been made up from participants of the Jeremy Kyle show....


Results aren't exactly surprising to me, I've realised many people don't know their arse from their elbow for a long time.



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla
 


Accompanied by an URBAN fox smoking lethal cannabis.



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyesdown
reply to post by skalla
 


Accompanied by an URBAN fox smoking lethal cannabis.


The Crack fox?




posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria
 


the jezza vid was ace, but this country has always had plenty of brainless trolls, it aint new. the survey is still a load of misrepresentative bunk from britains premier fear monger.

edit on 14-9-2012 by skalla because: giving JK his due



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
reply to post by Suspiria
 


the jezza vid was ace, but this country has always had plenty of brainless trolls, it aint new. the survey is still a load of misrepresentative bunk from britains premier fear monger.

edit on 14-9-2012 by skalla because: giving JK his due


I agree with you. I'm addicted the the damn Daily Fail though of late. The shocking editing, hilarious fear mongering and general knee jerk #wittery in the comments section - It's like watching a car crash.
edit on 14-9-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Quite funny and oddly Relevent !
Just watched a vid on YouTube about how many Americans don't know when 9/11 happened
In one interview the interviewer asks "in what month did the 9/11 attacks happen ?"
The reply ? "October"

????

Sorry cant embed so here's a link

www.youtube.com...
edit on 14-9-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added link



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
most of Russian do not know that VODKA was invented by Italians
if you tell them that info they become very angry



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
What a pile of nonsense, I suspect a lot of these suveys are made up to fill news space. Take a hearty run down the road and we can all locate our beating heart!





new topics
top topics
 
2
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join