It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 per cent Brits clueless where their heart is located

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
100% of people don't realize they are living on a planet in an infinite universe in some random galaxy.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I don't think that these statistics are very true, especially coming from the Daily Mail newspaper.....

Going by the way that the young generation are here in the UK and their lack of knowledge, intelligence and normal everyday communication skills. Such easy questions as, how many teeth does a person have? Which side of your body is your heart located? and how much blood is in the human body? does not surprise me in the least that they do not know.............

One main reason is because they don't shut the F**K up in class long enough so that any king of information can penetrate their brain cells....................

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
I don't think that these statistics are very true, especially coming from the Daily Mail newspaper.....

Going by the way that the young generation are here in the UK and their lack of knowledge, intelligence and normal everyday communication skills. Such easy questions as, how many teeth does a person have? Which side of your body is your heart located? and how much blood is in the human body? does not surprise me in the least that they do not know.............

One main reason is because they don't shut the F**K up in class long enough so that any king of information can penetrate their brain cells....................

You are wrong about the lack of knowledge and intelligence in our youths..... you are judging based on preconceptions all that does for me is call into question your own level of intelligence...... just sayin

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

they poled 2000 people and claim that it represents 50 percent of the population of britain ?

obviously the daily mail is going the same way as the sun news paper

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
It is in San Francisco.

Isn't it?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1

WOOOWWW..... Dang in my middle school health class was like a high school class....... Dang...What is the largest oran in the body??? NO GOOGLE

skin

no google fu involved.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Surveys make me laugh.

50 per cent Brits cluesless where their heart is located?

Really?

So 2000 people speak for the whole of Britain do they? And those 2000 make up for half of the population?

Give me a break.

I would love to know who the study group was. It fails to mention that, other than this was reported by the Daily Fail.

Did they use Daily Fail readers? That wouldn't surprise me one bit

edit on 14-9-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
if the survey was taken amongst daily mail readers, perhaps i could belive the results, especially if 93% of respondents believed that a slovakian plumber was stalking through hampshire raping spaniels.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
obviously, accompanied by a picture of princess diana

every day

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
if the survey was taken amongst daily mail readers, perhaps i could belive the results, especially if 93% of respondents believed that a slovakian plumber was stalking through hampshire raping spaniels.

I just edited my post to mention that it wouldn't surprise me if they surveyed Daily Mail readers and then i saw you beat me to it.

edit on 14-9-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Meh. MEH! I don't think most people know where the heart is located, how many teeth they're supposed to have, or that everyone has 5 kidneys. I don't know my blood type. Is sexy a blood type?

www.weirdasianews.com...

Well there you go. In India, you DO have 5 kidneys. lol

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ph03n1x
Yes well as a Brit i have to chime in here and say that this is from the same pathetic excuse for a newspaper that on one fateful day a few years ago when we had some snowfall printed as a front page headline the word SNOW! with a picture of some snow...............

only BNP supporters put any stock in what the daily mail hast to say

this nice little song is an example of their lunacy... enjoy

edit on 14-9-2012 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2012 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

Ironic video to post on ATS. It's what the majority of people here ACTUALLY THINK!

what causes cancer? Everything...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

kind of like the one that all americans are a$$h@les
edit on 14-9-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by SpearMint

kind of like the one that all americans are a$$h@les
edit on 14-9-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

come on now, there is no need to take your governments foreign policy failings out on my poor mouth

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I have to say that I am less than shocked to hear the bald facts of the results of this survey. When I was at school, intellect, or demostration of it, was a sure fire way to attract every kind of trouble, from attempted robbery, to attempted murder, and every thing in between. This means that largely speaking, even kids who had potential with regard to thier capacity to learn about themselves and the world around them, found themselves forced to dumb down or face serious injury at the least.

This obsessive crushing of any spark of intellectual prowess on the part of the youth at my old school, combined with the campaign of institutional, and government sanctioned mental conditioning on the part of the school itself, turned out several psychopaths, and a massive number of intellectual non entities. Luckily, having about as much respect for organisations, authority, and group mentality, as I have for bacteria, I managed to avoid having every scrap of my mind turned to mush by the process of being a part of the state education system.

I can easily see how it could come to pass, that so many of my fellow countrymen and women have had thier capacity to understand ANYTHING, let alone the complexity of the engine of human existence, erroded and all but destroyed. When speaking in a cultural context, dumb has been cool for an awfully long time. Terms like swot, boff (short for boffin), nerd, geek, bookworm, pencil neck, and others, would not exist if a healthy attitude to intellect was upheld by the system and those participating in it. Alas, both student body and school seemed all to happy, when I was a lad, to conspire together to make idiots of us all.

It is that cultural convention, how so ever it came about, which means that vast swathes of our population are under informed about all the most important aspects of life, from our own biological make up, to the history of our great nation. Having to explain to a pagan (as I recently found myself doing) the history of the Icini tribe in Britian during Roman occupation, is another example of the same issue. There are even British people who do not know who Lord Admiral Nelson was, despite the whacking great statue of the fellow, atop the column that bears his name in London, a landmark which is, I think you will agree, hard to miss.

This attitude to a well excersized mind has been in force since well before I was born, but has become more widespread over the last two decades. It is now cool to be a total moron, to be incapable of original thought, to have no talent, no class or style, and most importantly, to never ever know anything worth a damn. Look at the horrific rise of television shows, like Geordie Shore, Made In Chelsea, and The Only Way Is Essex. These television shows, along with Big Brother and others, make famous some of the most mentally stunted half lives that are walking upon our fair isles today, and fame breeds emulation in the public, and a desire in the impressionable to take on the attributes of the false idols put before them.

People look at me as if I am a witch or wizard when I express my level of understanding of matters of biology, forensics, physics, psychology, art, and pretty much anything that isnt happening in the mainstream media, this despite me only having qualifications up to GCSE grade C, and only four of those! Despite the small value of the education I recvieved, I can comment effectively on things because I took the time to find out for myself, about those things which have interested me over the years. It is very unfortunate that a massive percentage of the population have not been able, or seen fit to do the same, although I can very nearly understand why. Having a solid mind in an age of insanity can be utterly terrifying. Ignorance, as they say, may be bliss, but if it is then I would wish to never know such pleasures as it might offer. Reality may be down right horrible, but at least it is real.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

I have to say that I am less than shocked to hear the bald facts of the results of this survey.

except that it is from the daily mail and is a load of old tosh.

they quite possibly trawled the country and found a bunch of drunks living in a wheeliebin, then fed them skunk and special brew for half a day, dulling their senses beyond their typical "i may be beyond help but i know where my pi$$ing heart is, you div" level before starting the survey, boring them to death untill they got the comedy answers that they were looking for.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

i was just making the point that not all brits teeth are bad(mostly though lol
just as not all mericans are assh###(mostly though

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

While it is possible that the survey has been tampered with as you suggest, the very idea that they could find ten people, who have not got some terrible learning disability at least, who could not find thier heart on an anatomical chart is pretty bloody awful. Even having eleven percent, five percent of people, not knowing the answers to all these questions is a little terrifying, let alone bloody fifty percent!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by davethebear

Originally posted by taccj9903
I bet they know the size of Prince Harry's johnson, though. Kind of like how so many people here in the USA know more about the Kardashians than they do about their countries own geography.
edit on 14-9-2012 by taccj9903 because: (no reason given)

From the amount of Americans I have met most of them don't even know where their own damn country is in the world....................

Or any other country.

Yeah, that's very true.......

I was in Sydney a couple of years ago with a lady Hungarian friend of mine.....

An American woman started talking to my friend and asked her where she came from because she loved her accent....

My friend told her that she was from Hungary....

The American lady replied to my friend, "Ooh, I love Asia."

Still makes me laugh now...................

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

dont worry, i know

i was being a twit too

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join