It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Warships Enter Japanese Waters

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morg234

but one U.S. Carrier Group is powerful enough to Destroy the entire Chinese Navy.
reply to post by SplitInfinity

What delusion, a dozen ships and a couple of squadrons of F/A-18s. Not quite.

A Single Carrier Group has Multiple Hundreds of Nuclear Weapons aboard it

Unless there is a ballistic-missile sub, in fact, several, then no.

I would suggest you read a JANE's Military assessment upon what I posted. They agree. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morg234

We could fight the entire world on every front possible and still win. Every country in the world combined can not come close to matching the US Navy.
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Where do you pull this nonsense from? Yes, everyone country in the entire world is just slightly, a little bit more of a match for the US Navy.

Can you give me a rundown on the number of actual warships per country?
Carriers-
US: 11 all Nuclear Powered
World: 10 with only 1 Nuclear Powered

Cruisers-
US: 22
World: 5

Destroyer-
US: 60
World: 109

Then you factor in the fact the US can communicate globally, these other nations of the world will be acting locally. Then there is the quality of the ships. There are a hundred factors all of which support the US, as well as the fact our naval power litterally rivals the rest of the entire worlds powers put together.

So what makes YOU think we would not win? We have the ships. We have expertise. We have technical edge. We have an advantage in EVERY single area.
edit on 18-9-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by StalkerSolent

From what I understand, the neighboring regions are terrified by the idea of Japan rearming. They've got a long memory. That might have something to do with it. I think that the Japanese have something in their constitution that prohibits their rearmament as well, but that could probably be changed.

Yes, neighboring countries like China which are very anti-US. So why should we care what they think? Of course they want a weak Japan.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Morg234

Well, I'm pretty sure we carry nuclear weapons on carriers. No telling how many, but probably not hundreds.

And about the comments that the USN could defeat everyone else's navies, I think the USN might have a fighting chance under certain conditions, say, deep-water vs. deep-water battles. If the USN tried to invade everyone else, they'd lose. But if, say, the Russians, North Koreans, and Chinese tried invade the US, they'd lose. The US Navy has really good deep-water assets (carriers, nuclear submarines) but their effectiveness degrades once you begin to near enemy coastlines, where you can have people shooting MRBMs at you, to say nothing of swarms of light attack boats and SAM systems.

We would have more than a fighting chance, it would be complete and utter domination. We would not go near coastlines. We would pick them off at range and use the aircraft on our 11 carriers (and compared to the other 10 in service ours are lightyears ahead, we have 11 of 12 nuclear powered carriers in the world) to enagage targets in areas we would not like to bring our vessels.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ezwip

Japan rams any Chinese fishing boots that go in there. It should have been obvious to Japan at the time they were falling into a trap. I knew the crap was hitting the fan when I saw this picture.
edit on 15-9-2012 by ezwip because: (no reason given)

Good, China does not belong there, it is Japanese waters.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Sure, but there's also South Korea, for instance. Not that I particularly mind Japan rearming...
And yeah, our aircraft carriers give us a huge advantage. I'm not sure how well our F-18s would do against modern anti-air surface vessels, but I'm sure they'd do a lot better than no F-18s.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by penninja
reply to post by sonnny1

I SERIOUSLY WISH this wasn't real!

The Chinese are calling this a "Law enforcement" Operation, There are protests in China, One guy drove a Toyota into a dealership in china and set it on fire among other Japanese car burning incidents. Tourism adverts for japan have been dropped and there is a 20% decrease in cross tourism with cancellations coming in. If nothing else this is already further economic drain.

Well, it's no different than the Americans calling military incursions "police actions" now, is it?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks a conflict between America and China will be military in nature is out to lunch.

A conflict with China would be economic and cyber in nature. The Chinese have all but admitted having Government sponsored hacking incursions into American computer systems.

With the over $1 trillion of hard US currency the Chinese are currently holding, they can bring down US communication and computer systems, crash the dollar in overseas trading before anyone knows what's going on, and the USA would be broke before the first shot was fired.

There would be such turmoil inside Washington that a conflict with China would be the furthest thing from their minds,

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Sure, but there's also South Korea, for instance. Not that I particularly mind Japan rearming...
And yeah, our aircraft carriers give us a huge advantage. I'm not sure how well our F-18s would do against modern anti-air surface vessels, but I'm sure they'd do a lot better than no F-18s.

South Korea and Japan stand side by side on the China issue, although they do have their differences. South Korea is also an American ally and know they are protected by our Navy. So while SK would no doubt not be 100% happy, I believe they would see the benefits outweigh the risks.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Anyone who thinks a conflict between America and China will be military in nature is out to lunch.

A conflict with China would be economic and cyber in nature. The Chinese have all but admitted having Government sponsored hacking incursions into American computer systems.

With the over $1 trillion of hard US currency the Chinese are currently holding, they can bring down US communication and computer systems, crash the dollar in overseas trading before anyone knows what's going on, and the USA would be broke before the first shot was fired.

There would be such turmoil inside Washington that a conflict with China would be the furthest thing from their minds,

No they can't. As long as we pay China like we are doing and we meet our obligations they can't do anything. As I said before, your bank can not say hey, you have a 30 year mortgage, but sorry you have to pay up tomorrow. There are contracts involved. China owns a VERY small portion of our debt. We on the other hand could institute fees for EVERY chinese product imported to the US destroying their economy fast, while the US would suffer as well it would devastate China far worse. We could also incentivize US companies to move their production to India.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join