It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An AWESOME process for a quick meditation enlightenment (pure bliss)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The brain does not know the difference between "fake" laughter and "real" laughter, so all you have to do is laugh for no reason and eventually the laugh will intensify.

You can even laugh at your problems or fears in order to rewire the brain for you to replace the fear with Joy.

This happens because emotions are when chemicals are released through the body from the brain, so when you laugh the brain will send out those chemicals instead of fear based ones...

There are sooo many benefits of laughter

Controlling high blood pressure and heart disease.

Helps to control blood pressure by reducing the release of stress-related hormones and bringing relaxation.

Increasing stamina through increased oxygen supply

Alleviating pain and giving a sense of well being by releasing endorphins, the body’s painkiller hormones.

Alleviating depression, anxiety and psychosomatic disorders: laughter boosts the production of serotonin, a natural anti-depressant.

Gives an excellent internal massage to the digestive tract and enhances blood supply to important internal organs like the liver, spleen, pancreas, kidneys and adrenal glands.

Ensures good sleep and reduces snoring because laughter is very good for the muscles of the soft palate and throat

Any, here is the actual meditation:

1. Get into a comfortable position
    2. Close your eyes and smile
    3. Focus on your breathing to slow down thought
    4. Whenever a thought pops up release it and do a small laugh

I don't know if this meditation already exists but it is an extremely BLISSFUL one.

When you finish the meditation, you can keep this state of being by,

1. Simply laughing at the normal things throughout the day
(Children laugh 300 to 400 times a day!)

2. Keeping a smile on your face - your brain will believe you are happy

3. Keeping the mind with less thoughts.

It may not be possible to keep the mind completely silent but if you lower the amount of thoughts and just focus on smiling and laughing, you will have a lower chance of falling into negative thought problems...

4. If any problems come up in life, LAUGH AT THEM!

Preferably when you are alone, otherwise people will call you crazy. If you are suffering, the laughter will reduce the pain and help you think in more creative ways so at least you can have a clearer mind and suffer less...

This is pretty much it. With a silent mind, smile, and laughing at the simple things, you will train yourself to be happy for no reason at all, what some call "pure bliss" or "enlightenment"...

This will also result in new ways of thinking, and your thinking will probably be "light" rather than "heavy" stressful thinking...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I smiled while reading through your post. I believe it even helped lighten my mood just thinking about laughter. My 3 year old daughter laughs like a maniac sometimes, and rather than giving her the "you are a crazy one" look, maybe its time to show her how crazy her mom can be.

edit on 14/9/2012 by TheSparrowSings because: woops typo

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I try to make sure i laugh everyday, it instantly makes me feel better. (Although i don't just laugh for no reason, i tend to put something funny from Netflix on at night.)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I fully agree with this, laughing always helps me.
Hope this thread gets the attention it deserves.

Originally posted by arpgme

1. Simply laughing at the normal things throughout the day
(Children laugh 300 to 400 times a day!)

This is how I try to live my life, but sometimes it's easy to forget.

Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I'm smiling about %80 of the day even when I don't even notice I'm doing it.
And the funny thing is people point it out every single day.
It just makes me smile even more.
I have learned how to control my emotions.

I just wanna give a big thank you to all the staff at abovetopsecret.com and all its members for all your contributions.
This website really opened up a new world to Me and I have become a better person since.
I love you all my brothers and sisters.

Omen

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

Yes, I think this is one of the secrets to the enlightened. Laughing and smiling in the common things in life where others just see as "meh" or "boring"

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Laughing helps me to relax. But forced laughter is the worst.

Check out this guy in the video. He starts fake laughing and I swear it looks like he's about to pull out a gun and start shooting random objects while 1 eye starts twitching... 0_o

edit on 14-9-2012 by Noinoi because: Phrasing.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I smile when I run. This works especially well if I am tired or feeling any pain. Great post, and I plan to try this!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Noinoi

It's on a site called crapville.com and it looks like he's having an orgasm at one point

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic was right. Hooray!

Caution: extreme cuteness and singing

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
agree laughing good for yhe soul.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I have always laughed when I feel someone has insulted me, it works!!

Thanks OP great topic and I hope lots of people read this today and make a smile their umbrella. I am going to remember this and use it. Good on you, good on me, good on everyone! (paraphrase of Margo Channing from All About Eve)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I love this. A post whose sole goal is to share an experience that has improved the OP's life, in an effort to help like-minded peers. It is so digestible. You didn't drown us with the 100s of approaches that are possible, or show where you might get with 10 years of practice.

You shared a tool that anyone could use, immediately after reading.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This is sooo true!! I remember as kid, my cousin and I would sit in a quite room, start to "fake" laugh with eachother, and within a few minutes we would be on the floor laughing uncontrollably, on the verge of pissing ourselves all over nothing
ahh what I would give to be young again!

But a well earned star and flag for you my friend! Your thread put a smile on my face, and gave me a well needed reminder to lighten up a little bit, and not to sweat the small stuff, but to laugh in its face!

So i thank you for that! and i will definately keep this in mind for the future.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This is a great post OP. Some days I just need more laughter in my day. I tried this very briefly while here at work and admit just that little bit worked out fantastic.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the tips. I love laughing and Im so silly sometimes, so I enjoy making other people laugh. I just remembered that episode of 1000 ways to die (not sure if any of you guys have seen it before) where this guy is laughing all the time and one day he couldnt stop laughing ! He couldnt control himself and eventually he died by laughing for hours. It says the stories are true, so its kinda scary that could actually happen.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
If You need help with the laughing, watch a YouTube clip of a laughing baby. Works for me!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noinoi
Laughing helps me to relax. But forced laughter is the worst.

Check out this guy in the video. He starts fake laughing and I swear it looks like he's about to pull out a gun and start shooting random objects while 1 eye starts twitching... 0_o

edit on 14-9-2012 by Noinoi because: Phrasing.

That video right there explains why no sane e.t. will ever come to this planet and show itself in daylight...it would be mocked by the entire galaxy for visiting a subspecies as the one in the video.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
This sort of thing works.

I tell people that before answering the phone. Stand up straight and smile.
When you do that and then answer the phone your phone conversation tends to be positive and happy.

happy thoughts!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Here is an even better one:

1) Go on ATS
2) Read Posts
3) Laugh
4) ?
5) Profit!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join