It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous’ Barrett Brown Raided by FBI During Online Chat - VIDEO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Mods: Was not really sure where to post this, please move if you need to?

For the second time this year, self-proclaimed Anonymous spokesman Barrett Brown was raided by the FBI.

The latest dramatic incident occurred late Wednesday evening while Brown and another woman identified by some as his girlfriend were participating in an online chat on TinyChat with other individuals.

Two minutes into the recorded chat session, loud voices could be heard in the background of Brown’s residence in Texas while the woman in the room with him was in front of the computer screen. She quickly closed the computer screen, but the audio continued to capture events in the room as the FBI appeared to strong-arm Brown to put handcuffs on him. Brown could be heard yelling in the background.

Jeez, seems nowhere is safe? Well, at lease the FBI chose to do this whilst he was "online" Hmmmm slight embarrassment for them I guess............Why not promote it to the world!

www.wired.com...

edit on 13-9-2012 by CaptainBeno because: Mod request

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
And he gets raided as a guy with a Guy Fawkes mask is on at the same time. Classic. Anon on while Anon gets raided. WOW!!!!

You should of posted this in Breaking News.
edit on 13-9-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

That was a fun video and ended all too soon! The Gov't is definitely hunting down any and all hackers. Their so desperate they're asking 16 year olds for their help

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Yea, I agree with you above me. I lol'd, anyways though I wonder what he got busted for again....Seems to be a lot going on in the world. Now this? kinda cool it went down how it did though.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Thank you. That gave me a good laugh. I can't stand these Anonymous guys. Cyber terrorist plain and simple. Way to do your homework FBI.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

A huge list of names and personal info was leaked earlier in the week by a hacker group known as Br1ckSqu4d. It hd everything thing you could imagine about the anons from anonops.com .

Personal names, job phones, friends family etc.

I can't link to it on here or I will get another TandC violation, it is floating afound the net though.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
It's classic hey??!!

Sorry I didn't know where to post it really?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Silly.

Silly that they are actually WEARING Guy Fawkes masks, while chatting!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I know! I was thinking the very same thing!! ha! With that many people chatting at the same time you would not know who was talking if you were all wearing them?

Lots of enthusiastic hand gestures to distinguish yourself whilst talking!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
My reaction:

At least he has a good lawyer...I think.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Usually this site and the Posters that go here usually has a problem with the Corporate Establishment, trying to say Anon has no use right now is pathetic. Wiki Leaks is Anon in a way and sure they have some problems but at the end of the day the stuff they do is helping normal people understand wtf is going on. Hakers have there place in our Computer Generated World. 90% of the People I know dont have a clue how to add memory to a Computer and you expect our whole society to based on Computers and have no real Police??

Come on now. Refute me if you can, but at the end of the day I will be right. Go ahead....try me.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Hmm. Perhaps it's just the conspiracy theorist in me lifting an eyebrow or two, but don't you think it's just a little suspicious and convenient that this happened as he was online chatting? The screen was closed, so you could only hear audio. There's no way to ascertain whether or not the FBI was actually there.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acanthus
Hmm. Perhaps it's just the conspiracy theorist in me lifting an eyebrow or two, but don't you think it's just a little suspicious and convenient that this happened as he was online chatting? The screen was closed, so you could only hear audio. There's no way to ascertain whether or not the FBI was actually there.

From article.

A spokeswoman in the Dallas County sherriff’s office confirmed to Wired that Brown was raided last night and was booked into the county jail around 11 p.m. She said the FBI removed him from the jail this morning to take him to a different facility, but she did not know where he was headed.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by Acanthus

From article.

A spokeswoman in the Dallas County sherriff’s office confirmed to Wired that Brown was raided last night and was booked into the county jail around 11 p.m. She said the FBI removed him from the jail this morning to take him to a different facility, but she did not know where he was headed.

Ah okay, sorry about that. In that case, this is pretty concerning. The government seems to be doing a lot to discredit those with different viewpoints as of late. And to what end?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Acanthus

We don't know the real reason hes being locked up.

It would have to be serious, I would think. Cyber Crime, of some sort, I think.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Maybe he is the one that broke in to the FBI a few weeks ago.
I seem to recall they like hacked laptops and found ou who all they were tracking, and had th I'd's of people's "smart" phones.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

The Dallas home of Project PM founder Barrett Brown, an independent researcher, activist and informal spokesperson for Anonymous, was raided by armed officers on Wednesday after he uploaded the last of several videos to the Internet calling for an investigation into the FBI. He was in court later Thursday and charged with threatening a federal officer.

In retaliation for his arrest, Antisec posted the full credit-card use data for 13 accounts believed to belong to government officials, complete with .gov email addresses registered with the data.

rt.com...

Seems like overkill on the part of the FBI but not surprising.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
This seems staged to me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join