It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Franchisors warn Obamacare will halve profits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Franchisors warn Obamacare will halve profits

The International Franchise Association has produced a report that says ObamaCare (PPACA) will cut profits in half in many cases !!!

The report is in the article.

The "solutions" are alarming !!

The International Franchise Association held a convention in Washington this week where most of the Radio Shack, Dunkin Donuts, Curves and other franchisers were grumbling about new federal regulations, especially the impact of Obamacare.

Most, said Atlanta Taco Bell and Kentucky Fried Chicken franchiser David Barr, presumed that the reports about how hard Obamacare will hit them were overblown. "They had their head in the sand," he told Secrets.

That is until he pulled out his powerpoint showing how funding Obamacare will cut his--and likely their--profits in half overnight. With simple math the small business folks understood, he spelled out that their only choice is to slash employee hours so they aren't eligible for company-paid health care or stop offering insurance and pay the $2,000 per employee fine.

Barr has 23 stores with 421 employees, 109 of whom are full-time. Of those, he provides 30 with health insurance. Barr said he pays 81 percent of their Blue Cross Blue Shield policy, or $4,073 of $5,028 for individuals, more for families, for a total bill of $129,000 a year. Employees pay $995....

I bet this report will cause panic in the small business world !!

How many layoffs and "full time to part time" cuts will this cause?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Just waiting for someone to come along and say profits are evil. Oh and this is not GOP propaganda, this is from the business owners.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Nah I am just curious where he got all his numbers exactly and "facts." This sounds like any other business looking for a way to screw workers more so far.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by wascurious

I can not attest to his facts, but if you look at the healthcare system what he says is not difficult to accept. Look at healthcare costs, ACA (Obamacare) has no cost cutting measures, it should drive prices up. Take a look at the cuts to medicaid/care. While Obama would have you believe that has nothing to do with care it is reimbursement cuts ... how do you think your care is paid for? Through reimbursements.

So when Obama tells the doctors they are not getting reimbursed for procedures, the doctors aren't performing them for free, which means you don't get them, which means your level of care is impacted contrary to his lies. In 2010 Obama slashed reimbursement for inpatient psychiatric hospitals. Inpatient psych hospitals were already in financial dire straights, now they are in a state of total meltdown. How do I know this? I work at one.

The attending Dr. on my unit had his wages reduced by 1/3 this year. Can you imagine having a 33% pay cut in ONE year? It's equivalent to making $50k a year and then you come in and your boss says your new salary is $35k. I mean holy crap. Last I checked Dems claim to be for the people. Psych patients are a population that truly can't afford to be hit, and they just got sucker punched hard by the Dems.

new topics

top topics

join